Come on Irish

Started out well, then faded. UCONN looked straight up scared at the start of the game. Kia Nurse seems rattled.

Well good while it lasted. ND's meltdown sort of reminded me of our epic meltdown against them this year. It seemed like we never recovered fully from that atrocity.

Boy Geno is getting pudgy.

Remember when we used to be that team everyone was sick of and hoped got their butts kicked? Been seeing those "Is UConn Bad for Basketball" articles (well duh, they have been for several decades) and remember exactly the same being said about the LVs during their Meeks era run. Now we are no longer even in the conversation. Unacceptable IMO.

I love Vic Shaffer. On at halftime with Oilcan Andy. I think Vic's been great for SEC Women's basketball. Has there ever been 3 men coaches at the Women's FF? If Oregon had beat ND it would have been all 4.

Reactions: 1 person
Masterful coaching job and tremenous effort by Notre Dame. The best womens game I have seen in a while.

At least there's a team out there left that knows they can coach and compete with them. Uconn is not invincible.

And they won't be next year. ND brings everyone back, plus their injured players.

They will miss Gabby Williams and that other girl, and their new recruits will not replace them.

Enjoy the view from down on Earth.

Last edited:
At least there's a team out there left that knows they can coach and compete with them. Uconn is not invincible.

Every time I heard ESPN commentators during the earlier rounds ask other coaches if they thought CONN could be beaten, I wanted to puke.

Just like we used to benefit from the name on the jersey, CONN gets an automatic 15-point edge over most teams.

And they won't be next year. UConn brings everyone back, plus their injured players.

They will miss Gabby Williams and that other girl, and their new recruits will not replace them.

Say what?

Every time I heard ESPN commentators during the earlier rounds ask other coaches if they thought CONN could be beaten, I wanted to puke.

Just like we used to benefit from the name on the jersey, CONN gets an automatic 15-point edge over most teams.

I know...and on the opposite spectrum you often hear the commentators during Ladyvol games almost pleading for TN to return to prominence.

And they won't be next year. ND brings everyone back, plus their injured players.

but they will still rack up the wins in that mickey mouse conf they are in

but they will still rack up the wins in that mickey mouse conf they are in

I'm sure they will, but if they don't rack up wins in the marquis OOC games and outside of Storrs in the NCAAT, I'm good with them winning their 9,761 straight AAC game or whatever.

Not so fast.

You really think they are going to be as good next year? You don't replace a player like Gabby Williams that easily. Even if Christy Williams is as good as advertised, she basically just replaces Nurse. There is no one they have coming in that can do the things for UComm that Gabby did, and to that I say, "Bye now!"

Question for those who really know and understand the game and can be unbiased. You know who you are.

1) Did the refs affect the outcome?
2) Did ucon really foul that much more than ND?
3) Usually not a lot of fouls called on ucon. Have they just traditionally gotten a bye with fouls and this time they were called?
4) Or this time did something happen (planned or panic) that caused them to foul more?

I’m not interested in ucon bashing or ucon troll comments as answers. Just people who do know the game.

IMO, ucon usually plays a clean game (yeah, 🤢🤢🤢🤢, it made me sick to say that).

Would appreciate responses. Thank you in advance :hi:.

Question for those who really know and understand the game and can be unbiased. You know who you are.

1) Did the refs affect the outcome?
2) Did ucon really foul that much more than ND?
3) Usually not a lot of fouls called on ucon. Have they just traditionally gotten a bye with fouls and this time they were called?
4) Or this time did something happen (planned or panic) that caused them to foul more?

I’m not interested in ucon bashing or ucon troll comments as answers. Just people who do know the game.

IMO, ucon usually plays a clean game (yeah, 🤢🤢🤢🤢, it made me sick to say that).

Would appreciate responses. Thank you in advance :hi:.

ND was rewarded at the FT line because Young and Arike attacked the paint. UConn's guards settled for long jumpers, so there wasn't much opportunity to force ND to foul them. Other than Dangerfield and Williams (who is really more of a slasher), it's not really their game. KLS scores best moving without the ball, Nurse can't create her own shot, and Dangerfield didn't play well. As salty as Boners are getting about the FT discrepancy, it was because ND's guards were just that much more aggressive and Shepard is more physical than any of the UConn posts. I agree UConn is good about not fouling, but Arike is a very tough defensive assignment, and Jackie was even better last night. Luck of the Irish paid off.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back