Close to a sell out ?

I agree, it is sad. Our players deserve a full house supporting them. Ticket prices definitely are a big reason though I think.

Here’s a few reasons for no sellout.
0-8 last year still has foul taste
New unproven coach
Routed by WVirginia
Outlook for winning season slim
Terrible off line play
Overinflated ticket prices relative to on field product and seat location
Chance of rain

I am far from a fair weather fan (die hard, actually), but we are just not as exciting of a team this year as we were even when Dooley and Butch were here. It'll come around, though. Gotta WIN.

I agree with you, Winning cures it all. What’s funny though is that Nebraska has been crappy for a while now and I read where they have sold out 361 consecutive games. Albeit they have a much smaller stadium but damn, that’s an insane stat. Their home record over that streak is 305-57-0. If we can get get back to selling out every game then we are definitely gonna bring back that home field advantage we all remember at Neyland years ago. Here’s to hoping we can start a streak of our own tomorrow night. GBMFO

Cheaper than a Petro and Smokey Dog? Yup

Our spread for tomorrow night:

Pizza egg rolls
Crab dip
Guacamole
Sausage balls
Black bean and corn salsa
Ham ball dip
Veggie tray
Orange cupcakes

For the 6 of us that will be there, it’s better and cheaper...per person at least. And there’s a 50 inch screen. Throw in that I’ll have to teach Sunday school the next morning, and it’s a no brainer.

So many soy boys. May your living room experience be as grand as you say it is. 7 of 365 days to go sit in Neyland and throw support behind the team, and people are bragging about having finger foods in their living room. Women, sure I can see it. Males? Hah, wow. Couldn't be me. I pray I never become that.

Am I the only one that finds Neyland Stadium extremely frustrating to get around in, and extremely uncomfortable?

So many soy boys. May your living room experience be as grand as you say it is. 7 of 365 days to go sit in Neyland and throw support behind the team, and people are bragging about having finger foods in their living room. Women, sure I can see it. Males? Hah, wow. Couldn't be me. I pray I never become that.

There comes a point that you realize that as much as you may love Tennessee football, there are some things that have a higher priority. Maybe it’s taken these past 10 years to see that. A calling to ministry can do the same. I’ll be sick to my stomach if Florida beats us...again. But it really won’t make my life any different. What I’m doing that next morning, though, may eternally impact someone else’s life. I’ll be judged more on that than how many Tennessee football games I did or didn’t go to. Way more.

Reactions: Vol_0311
There are still quite a few tickets available through the ticket broker websites, and this is the first time I can ever recall a UT-UF ticket on those sites going for under face value. Of course that's mostly because there are still thousands of tickets available through the UT ticket office. It's gonna depend on what the weather does. If the storms hold off, I think it'll be mostly full but certainly not a sellout. Maybe 95,000 actually in attendance. If it's rainy, I'll be surprised if actual attendance tops 90,000.

There comes a point that you realize that as much as you may love Tennessee football, there are some things that have a higher priority. Maybe it’s taken these past 10 years to see that. A calling to ministry can do the same. I’ll be sick to my stomach if Florida beats us...again. But it really won’t make my life any different. What I’m doing that next morning, though, may eternally impact someone else’s life. I’ll be judged more on that than how many Tennessee football games I did or didn’t go to. Way more.
I don't know anyone that would disagree with that. Wasn't really what the statement was about either. I'm not going tomorrow because it's easier on me. I'm going to make memories with my friends and also do my part as a fan in providing noise for the defense. Sunday is a new day and I'll be up bright and early ready for real life.

UTAD sent me an email this morning to see if I'd buy some tickets. Funny thing is, last time I had season tickets was probably 15 years ago and I have no idea how they even got my email address. So they are really "reaching out" to try and sell those remaining tickets...

I agree with you, Winning cures it all. What’s funny though is that Nebraska has been crappy for a while now and I read where they have sold out 361 consecutive games. Albeit they have a much smaller stadium but damn, that’s an insane stat. Their home record over that streak is 305-57-0. If we can get get back to selling out every game then we are definitely gonna bring back that home field advantage we all remember at Neyland years ago. Here’s to hoping we can start a streak of our own tomorrow night. GBMFO

Speaking to stadium size, I wouldn't be surprised if Neyland is downsized in the near future to under 100k capacity (along with a lot of other stadiums with a capacity of over 100k). Every game being televised makes it extremely difficult to sell 100k tickets for a game especially with ticket prices being as high as they are (and they won't be coming down anytime soon IMO).

Way to welcome CJP to his first home SEC game. Not selling out. He gonna be mad at us. He mad even at spring game attendance. I scared. Not really.

VN Store

Back