Clemson DT transfer Josh Belk

Fingers

belk1.JPG

But family considerations led him to announce Wednesday his transfer and he's now looking for another football home.

"It's not something I expected," Belk said. "Nothing bad against the University or coaching staff. I appreciate everything and them taking their time out to coach me and give me the opportunity. But sometimes things just happen and you have to move on."

As expected, schools already are hitting up Belk letting him know of their interest. He said South Carolina and Tennessee contacted him. He talked on the phone with USC compliance and with Gamecock defensive line coach Lance Thompson.

He said he's not sure yet if he'll visit USC and Tennessee again. Of course, he's been to USC multiple times. Some of his other offers coming out of high school were LSU, North Carolina, NC State, Florida State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Auburn and Florida.

Ex-Clemson recruit Josh Belk talks transfer, South Carolina | The State

Any good intel on Belk? I’ve read that he was a 5* kid and UT has already contacted him, along with USCe. This would be another big steal.

Any idea how we stand?

I looked and didn’t see one. The second I posted, it was the first thread under mine. Weird.

Sounds like his release was for family health reasons. Hard to think he would go to a school further from home.

Or it was just an excuse to get out because he realized he was 3rd string at best on Clemson's DL and could transfer to UT or USC and play right away? We'll find out soon if visits to schools not named South Carolina happen.

Last edited:
Hard pass! He has family "issues" that he's dealing with and obviously doesn't have his heart and mind 100% on football. We NEED players 100% dedicated, 24/7.

IMO... the kid should seek a waiver from the NCAA to stop his eligibility clock and take care of his family first. Once resolved... Have at it!

I forget who the player was that got his release for family reasons and ended up transferring even FURTHER away from home. Last 2-3 years.

Hard pass! He has family "issues" that he's dealing with and obviously doesn't have his heart and mind 100% on football. We NEED players 100% dedicated, 24/7.

IMO... the kid should seek a waiver from the NCAA to stop his eligibility clock and take care of his family first. Once resolved... Have at it!

You don’t need a waiver to not play. The rest of your post is equally worthless.

This is terrible advice.

Clemson not putting up a fight on this one makes you wonder how good he is. I doubt
Dabo would be giving an unconditional release to a kid on the 2 deep.

Reactions: 1 person
Clemson not putting up a fight on this one makes you wonder how good he is. I doubt

He was a 5 star on 247 and was an EE this spring. Doubt Dabo thinks he sucks.

Reactions: 3 people

Makes me wonder if that is why the lawyer is involved. Seems to be a lot of information that we don't know ( not that "we" as fans should).

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back