Checker Neyland

Would you like Checker Neyland to continue?

• Yes

Votes: 265 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 11.1%

• Total voters
102,455 fans (minus the other guys of course) checkering Neyland is a heck of a sight. I’d say it has to be intimidating for opposing teams to see it, and when we get a high caliber team again, it will surely help with the “Neyland Factor” stats. I think it is an awesome tradition our fan base started and I hope we keep on doing it.
F8C145CC-B97F-47A7-899A-3AB3EE8F2167.jpeg

I've heard Pruitt is working on this, but he has prioritized getting out his new third down anthem. They have been hindered by sporadic DJ and songwriter attendance, so there are significant delays. Other talk centers around Pruitt getting a committee together to make a mustard decision for the concession stands. The Gulden's faction has filibustered causing delays there too.

102,455 fans (minus the other guys of course) checkering Neyland is a heck of a sight. I’d say it has to be intimidating for opposing teams to see it, and when we get a high caliber team again, it will surely help with the “Neyland Factor” stats. I think it is an awesome tradition our fan base started and I hope we keep on doing it.
View attachment 162638
I’m not so sure about intimidating. It is super cool. I haven’t noticed it making the fans louder either. But still super cool. We need to set new records when it comes to decibels in 2018.

Every homecoming game should be the Checker Neyland game. I can relate to those who don’t want to put so much pressure on a rebuilding team, new staff, etc. maybe after we get a couple big wins under our belt and confidence in winning big games at home, we venture beyond homecoming.

Reactions: OrangeShades
They're probably just waiting till closer to the season to announce which game it will be (probably Florida), I don't think our administration now is idiotic enough to get rid of it.
The administration has nothing to do with it. This was started by fans in 2014. I have been at all of them except the one for Oklahoma. Why would you think that the administration can dictate what color clothes the fans can wear?

Reactions: tbh
Cause it makes for an even worse sight if fans are in full-on hurricane evacuation half way through the 3rd quarter. It's a gimmick, pretty at the start of the game, but still a gimmick.
I don't think we should be avoiding activities because they could look bad if we lose...isn't the idea always to win?

They're probably just waiting till closer to the season to announce which game it will be (probably Florida), I don't think our administration now is idiotic enough to get rid of it.

I have faith in Fulmer. He seems like he’s grounded in history and tradition but isn’t afraid to look forward and explore new options.

I think he’ll keep it :)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back