Charlotte, NC Vols Fans

Love them! Their Huntersville location is probably the best.

I agree, although I used to frequent the Mooresville one often when I lived up there.

There's also Bad Daddy's AND Midwood Smokehouse in Huntersville.

I agree, although I used to frequent the Mooresville one often when I lived up there.

There's also Bad Daddy's AND Midwood Smokehouse in Huntersville.

Midwood Smokehouse is amazing, best bbq out there anywhere. Have not been to the one in Huntersville, hopefully it stands up to the Main one.

Horrible BBQ. It's that vinegar based horse p*ss lol.

I'm guessing you haven't actually tried the stuff from eastern NC. Never once heard of someone disliking it.
Then around here in Knoxville, the serve pulled pork with BBQ sauce and call that barbecue.

Selwyn Pub...

Used to live around the corner from there... Many good times.... Dilworth/Meyers park is where I lived when I first moved here in 99. Great area for young, single folks.... Was like college all over again without class and more money...lol

Now mountain island lake... Married with kids. Still love Charlotte tho....😁

Last edited:
I'm guessing you haven't actually tried the stuff from eastern NC. Never once heard of someone disliking it.
Then around here in Knoxville, the serve pulled pork with BBQ sauce and call that barbecue.

For real. Carolina bbq is the best. Knoxville has trash bbq.

For real. Carolina bbq is the best. Knoxville has trash bbq.

For the most part I agree..that said, i married a Carolina girl, has lived in charlotte all her life, and the best BBQ we ever had came from a place in Maryville on the main drag that used to be a gas station. Lol...cant remember the name though. My mom and dad still have a rental house in Alcoa that they used to live in, and we would go get that awesome stuff from time to time. I am sure one of these Vols knows the name of the place. I want to say its Filling station or pit stop or something..

For the most part I agree..that said, i married a Carolina girl, has lived in charlotte all her life, and the best BBQ we ever had came from a place in Maryville on the main drag that used to be a gas station. Lol...cant remember the name though. My mom and dad still have a rental house in Alcoa that they used to live in, and we would go get that awesome stuff from time to time. I am sure one of these Vols knows the name of the place. I want to say its Filling station or pit stop or something..

I live in Maryville. You're thinking of Full Service BBQ. It's good, but it's really just smoked pulled pork with sauce on it. Now they do that better than anyone around here, but that isn't nearly as good as EASTERN NC barbecue. I worked at a restaurant in Wilson, and it was the only great thing about living there.

I live in Maryville. You're thinking of Full Service BBQ. It's good, but it's really just smoked pulled pork with sauce on it. Now they do that better than anyone around here, but that isn't nearly as good as EASTERN NC barbecue. I worked at a restaurant in Wilson, and it was the only great thing about living there.

Thanks. Ill remember the name now. Great stuff, better than anything in charlotte by far.

Yep. I know that place. On Washington St. Fantastic BBQ. You can get a BBQ "slider" for like $1 and they put enough BBQ in it that it's probably enough for 2 or 3 actual sliders lol.

I've tried it. Every time I played golf with someone they were like "well you haven't tried this place or this place." Every time it was the same thing, Massengill on meat. I don't understand it and I never will. Give me molasses or tomato based sauce over that crap all day.

I've tried it. Every time I played golf with someone they were like "well you haven't tried this place or this place." Every time it was the same thing, Massengill on meat. I don't understand it and I never will. Give me molasses or tomato based sauce over that crap all day.

Oh, and we went to Cherryville last weekend. On the way home we stopped at a gas station in Dallas/Gastonia and there was BBQ truck there. R.O.'s BBQ. Thought we would give it a try. Should have known better. That was some of the worst BBQ I have ever had. It was so bland i couldn't tell whether it was chicken or pork. No smoke flavor, no rub, generic sauce in a packet... Stay away if you see it.

I hope it was Parker's. Because that was the only halfway decent BBQ in Wilson. Bill's was almost non-edible.

Tickets for the WVU game are on sale on ticketmaster. Just got mine.

Vols side is the south and west endzone.

Lets load up that stadium with orange!

Off topic but I'm relatively new to the area and I'm going to have my kids for the summer (boys 10, 8 and daughter 6). Looking for relatively cheap but fun ideas to do with the kids.

We've done trampoline parks, and Discovery Zone when I've had them on previous visits.

I'd like to get them involved in something active, like a karate camp or maybe basketball or things like that. Anyone know of any summer programs like that? Doesn't have to be those two things - those were just ideas.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Looking forward to the season and seeing what Coach Pruitt does with the team. GO VOLS

In case some of y'all have not seen this that are interested in golf

Kick off your Big Orange weekend by supporting local UT students!

The Vols are coming to Charlotte to open the 2018 football season!*

Join the Charlotte UT Knoxville Alumni Chapter the day before the big game to "T" it up for scholarships at the*Queen City Volunteer Golf Open. Enjoy golf, dinner, and a silent auction with alumni and friends while raising funds for scholarships benefiting UT students from the Charlotte area.*

Home
|
Queen City Volunteer Open

Reactions: bigorange

VN Store

Back