'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

Harris and Havelock along with many schools in eastern North Carolina have still not resumed playing high school football games on Friday nights in the wake of Hurricane Florence.
- VQ

I would say losing most of his senior season would affect his development, but considering we’re recruiting him as a safety and he’s playing QB this year, I guess that doesnt matter much.

Gotta like defensive players who know what its like to have the ball in their hands.

Kid is having an unreal year. He actually may play WR for us

He’s a great athlete but I think we need him in a deep S role like the gumps used Eddie Jackson. Hopefully Flowers pans out, otherwise we don’t have another player capable of doing what Pruitt woukd like to do.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I remember a guy named Eric Berry putting up some gaudy numbers as a running QB in high school. Wouldn’t mind Pruitt having an athlete like that to play around with in the secondary.

Not saying this kid is EB, of course, EB just played similar positions in high school. It’s always good to have DBs who know how to make plays with the ball in their hands.

Reactions: T Dog
I remember a guy named Eric Berry putting up some gaudy numbers as a running QB in high school. Wouldn’t mind Pruitt having an athlete like that to play around with in the secondary.

Not saying this kid is EB, of course, EB just played similar positions in high school. It’s always good to have DBs who know how to make plays with the ball in their hands.
Completely agree. Pruitt has said multiple times now he likes recruiting defenders who are used to playing offense and know what it's like to make plays with the ball. Think Harris stays on defense just based on that alone.

He’s a great athlete but I think we need him in a deep S role like the gumps used Eddie Jackson. Hopefully Flowers pans out, otherwise we don’t have another player capable of doing what Pruitt woukd like to do.

I've said it before, this kid could make a great WR in college. He has great speed and acceleration along with good size. He's one of my 3 favorite commits in this class. We really need this kid to qualify. He's a difference maker on either side of the ball for us.

Visiting tomorrow which I think is huge. Like @bignewt, @Montrell Hardy and a few others have said, I really want to keep this guy in our class. Think he could be a star on offense or defense. And he's had kind of an interesting recruitment... in that he recruited virtually out of the blue, but there has not been hardly any news or talk about him and our team since. So I've always wondered how "solid" a commitment he was. Hopefully getting him on campus and around some other guys will re-affirm his decision to commit to us in the first place.

VN Store

Back