Carolina Panthers

He's still got wheels and he's already no worse than the 2nd best WR on the roster.

You say “already,” but if he remains top 2 and doesn’t get passed by Samuel or Byrd, it’s a disaster of a WR corps. Carolina needs speed, but I don’t think he’s near as good as someone like Ginn anymore.

This Breeland mess has got our secondary looking pretty embarrassing right now.
There won’t be a first round caliber safety at pick 24, so we might have to go CB/S in the first two rounds. That’s disappointing bc I was really hoping to have the freedom to spend that pick on a guy like Billy Price. Now we will have no choice but to draft for need.

Orlando Scandrick is gonna be cut by Dallas. That's one name to look for. There are still a couple other guys out there too.

They can always come back around to Breeland, in theory. He hasn’t signed elsewhere. Other teams should be more cautious in regards to his foot. He and Carolina could negotiate a new contract. Maybe less guaranteed money, or some kind of injury provision related to the foot.

They can always come back around to Breeland, in theory. He hasn’t signed elsewhere. Other teams should be more cautious in regards to his foot. He and Carolina could negotiate a new contract. Maybe less guaranteed money, or some kind of injury provision related to the foot.

Voth is basically saying, "trust me...it just ain't gonna happen with Breeland."

Voth is basically saying, "trust me...it just ain't gonna happen with Breeland."

That's why I said "in theory". If I'm Breeland, unless I have zero other options, there's no way I would sign with Carolina now after they just dumped him at the altar.

Alright guys, so who are you hoping for at 24?
There are so many positions that need to be addressed. It’s not a sexy position, but there will be some stellar Guard talent available when we pick. I could also get on-board with Justin Reid or a RB.

Alright guys, so who are you hoping for at 24?
There are so many positions that need to be addressed. It’s not a sexy position, but there will be some stellar Guard talent available when we pick. I could also get on-board with Justin Reid or a RB.

Both lines of scrimmage need addressing, IMO. Receiver and RB need attention as well. Not too optimistic about Hurney’s drafting ability, but we’ll see.

Both lines of scrimmage need addressing, IMO. Receiver and RB need attention as well. Not too optimistic about Hurney’s drafting ability, but we’ll see.

To be fair, I can only remember one first round miss for Hurney. He just never hit on a second round pick. DG was a pretty awful drafter, too.
I like a lot of guys at 24, actually. There is great OG talent but not much DE talent for that pick. WR and the secondary could also both be addressed there. I’d even be fine with Nick Chubb at 24.

If you don't follow Jeremy Igo, you should. Every single year, he accurately predicts who we're going to pick.
He'll basically give our prospect list and you can mark them off as they're selected before us. Every stinking year his list is right.
More details will come in the next two weeks, but as of today, he believes pick 24 will be one of these guys:
Ridley / J.Alexander / DJ Moore / J.Jackson / M.Hughes
Though I would like to include Isaiah Wynn and Justin Reid into that list, I think I'd be happy with any one of these guys.

I don't like having a bye week so early and I don't like playing N.O. twice in December.
Atlanta will be 0-1 when we play them in week 2. Hope we can knock them down to 0-2.

Hearing a lot of buzz around James Daniels.
Not a sexy pick, but would certainly be a smart one.

Daniels would definitely fill a need, but I still believe we’ll go DB at 24. We have a little ammo to move up a few spots as well, should an opportunity present itself.

It would most likely require too much to move up far enough, but I really like Derwin James. Reminds me of Ramsey and Joyner. If we go DB later in the draft, gimme Gaulden. He's a player.

yeah. I left Ward, Fitzpatrick and James off the list because I think they'll be long gone.
I also think Hurney is going to be gun-shy before trading up too high after some of the moves he's made in the past.

Olsen signed a two year extension today. Doesn't necessarily change anything about the draft tonight, but it nice to get that out of the way.

VN Store

Back