Can Someone Remind Me Why We Are So Worried About WVU Again?!?

WVU runs a 3-3-5 defense. They have nose guards that go 280-300. DEs go 260-280. Their LBs last year played around 215-225. They run 3 safeties that are typical size and two corners.

They’re built for speed. When they crowd the LOS one of their safeties will cover a TE or even OT.

UT ran a bend back play for years that sucked everything to the middle then had a designed bounce out after the OT crashed the edge in. That play is tailor made for Chandler. KU had a ton of yards off the same play out of the pistol.

Reactions: OneVolNation
...said the Tennessee fan, without a hint of irony.

Just sayin'.
The 42nd poorest state (TN) making fun of the 48th poorest state (WV) is definitely a pot meet kettle type thing. FWIW WVU has had 24 Rhodes Scholars. For reference Michigan has 25, Vandy has 26 as examples. UT has had 7.

They're just funny memes in good fun though. There's a lot of rednecks in every state outside of populated areas.

The 42nd poorest state (TN) making fun of the 48th poorest state (WV) is definitely a pot meet kettle type thing. FWIW WVU has had 24 Rhodes Scholars. For reference Michigan has 25, Vandy has 26 as examples. UT has had 7.

They're just funny memes in good fun though. There's a lot of rednecks in every state outside of populated areas.

I'm sure they were Country Rhodes.

Call me crazy but I don’t think having a new coaching staff or system will cause much of a problem. Sure the defense could have some troubles because WFV is good on offense and our young dbs may have trouble covering during the first game, but I don’t think it will be because of the system. It’s not like our coaches haven’t coached in a game before. They may not all have coached together but they will all have a specific job and group to be worried about so I don’t think it will be an issue. By the time Sep 1st gets here the players will have multiple meetings and practices under their belt, as well as a week or more of game planning solely on WV. I believe they will have a clear understanding what they need to do and are expected to do to be successful. They will have a chip on their shoulder and will be ready to play. So imo I don’t think some of the things that a ton of people are worried about will be a factor. Could they come out and straight up beat us because they make more plays and fewer mistakes, absolutely. But I expect our Vols to come out and kick some ass.

Because overlooking your opponent is always a strategy that minimizes success. It's a simple as that.

From a fan standpoint - Because at this point in our lives, we as Vols fans understand the value in tempering expectations.

Anyone noticed how there aren't any WV fans commenting on this board? (That I'm aware of).

I know before the GT game last season we had several GT fans posting.
I've seen several join but they don't seem to be posting.

Reactions: Matt2496
I never said we weren’t.

Understood. Much as it may have sounded like it, I wasn't really intending to call you out. I had just seen several posts prior to yours that were making fun of West Virginians in the same way that many make fun of Tennesseans and I thought the irony was funny. Your post just gave me the opportunity to crack on them.

Reactions: Volatility
Completely new coaching staff and scheme. Big question marks on the OL and DL. Likely young secondary. Grier is on the Heisman list. WVU offense will be dynamic. I dont believe our team is anywhere near where Pruitt wants. Thats just a few reasons why we should be concerned.

Because we were winless in the SEC last year for the first time in my lifetime. Makes it hard to think you can beat any decent team going forward.

VN Store

Back