Calling all Charleston SC area Vols

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
Having the first local gathering for The Vol Club tomorrow around lunch downtown Charleston. I’ll be the Captain for this area and want to spread the word to all Vol fans nearby so we can build a great community down here all passionate about giving their all to help the Vols get back to the top! All Vol fans welcome not just current members!

If you all know any vol fans in the area be sure to share or tag them here!

Attachments

• E77C3DE5-D548-4952-9837-1559FF5D7976.png
    E77C3DE5-D548-4952-9837-1559FF5D7976.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 78
Having the first local gathering for The Vol Club tomorrow around lunch downtown Charleston. I’ll be the Captain for this area and want to spread the word to all Vol fans nearby so we can build a great community down here all passionate about giving their all to help the Vols get back to the top! All Vol fans welcome not just current members!

Good pick.

Hey!! I live in Summerville and we use to be the original alumni association here since I moved here in late 90’s. We have a group every football game that meets at Mellow Mushroom by Tanger Outlet. Have anywhere on average of 30-75 people who meet for games and we do March Madness, baseball etc.
I’m not exactly sure what happened with the university and the group but some major falling out happened from the university and the higher ups so they stopped recognizing us right before Covid. Our group stayed together tho. I know another gentlemen started a group downtown last yr and from what I know, there pretty much was a pissing match between the downtown group and the original group that it got so bad I think the group downtown blocked everyone on FB because both groups would post about watch parties and people were confused. I’ll be happy to pass the word to other Vols. I only make the watch parties when I don’t go to the games. Have a good night and GBO!

Hey!! I live in Summerville and we use to be the original alumni association here since I moved here in late 90’s. We have a group every football game that meets at Mellow Mushroom by Tanger Outlet. Have anywhere on average of 30-75 people who meet for games and we do March Madness, baseball etc.
I’m not exactly sure what happened with the university and the group but some major falling out happened from the university and the higher ups so they stopped recognizing us right before Covid. Our group stayed together tho. I know another gentlemen started a group downtown last yr and from what I know, there pretty much was a pissing match between the downtown group and the original group that it got so bad I think the group downtown blocked everyone on FB because both groups would post about watch parties and people were confused. I’ll be happy to pass the word to other Vols. I only make the watch parties when I don’t go to the games. Have a good night and GBO!

my daughter is a UT Alum & lives in Mt Pleasant. Her husband owns the Chic Fil A in Moncks Corner (a ClemPson fan) but I will tell her about your group. I live in Murvul but am looking to retire down there some day

I hate all of you, just so we're on same page.

Have fun, in Chaz. Have a pint for me at Blind Tiger.
Sadly, the Blind Tiger ain’t what it used to be. Heck, downtown Charleston isn’t what it used to be. I’m currently in Rock Hill but plan on going back to Chucktown before football season starts. I remember this one fellow (I THINK he was a lawyer) used to stroll into the BT and the bartender had 6 shots lined up on the bar waiting for him. I’m pretty sure he lived close, because no one worried about him driving or calling a cab when he left!

Sadly, the Blind Tiger ain’t what it used to be. Heck, downtown Charleston isn’t what it used to be. I’m currently in Rock Hill but plan on going back to Chucktown before football season starts. I remember this one fellow (I THINK he was a lawyer) used to stroll into the BT and the bartender had 6 shots lined up on the bar waiting for him. I’m pretty sure he lived close, because no one worried about him driving or calling a cab when he left!
Its always been an asbolute getting hammered fest. Great place to visit, even better place to leave.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol
my daughter is a UT Alum & lives in Mt Pleasant. Her husband owns the Chic Fil A in Moncks Corner (a ClemPson fan) but I will tell her about your group. I live in Murvul but am looking to retire down there some day
Your SIL must be killing it . I’ve never been by the Chick Fil-A there and it not be slammed around the block.

I'm an alumni and have lived in Mt. Pleasant for 25 yrs and always had a small gathering of alumnis and fans for gameday. I've been to all the gatherings mentioned above and one of my coworkers, a UT alum used to be head of the alumni club here. I will go to his desk to see what happened and if we want to got there for lunch today to see what it's all about.

I have been at Pawleys for an opening game and only got radio. Had we known about a Charleston group, we could have bought a few rounds. Maybe it was the beginning of CJP demise! I love the area!

Thanks for the info. I live in Summerville, moved here 6 years ago. I'll try to tune in for future events.

Reactions: Ericvol2096
Definitely, really hoping the Vol Club can be the catalyst that brings all of us together here in town!!!

I'm an alumni and have lived in Mt. Pleasant for 25 yrs and always had a small gathering of alumnis and fans for gameday. I've been to all the gatherings mentioned above and one of my coworkers, a UT alum used to be head of the alumni club here. I will go to his desk to see what happened and if we want to got there for lunch today to see what it's all about.

Last edited:
I lived downtown for 5 years (4 for med school and another later on for fellowship) and absolutely loved it. I lit up some clemson friends I hadn't spoken to in years back in January, which was a looooong time coming. I'm back in Knoxville now but visit quite often (heading back down in a couple weeks actually). Keep us posted and I'll try to make it if I'm ever in town.

Reactions: Ericvol2096

VN Store

Back