Calexit!

was looking for the global warming thread but found this one first. www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45476865

California is requiring that by 2045 all electricity is created via renewable sources. proving that yet again we don't need the Paris accords to do what needs to be done.
And then there is this:

Trump Administration Wants to Make It Easier to Release Methane Into Air
The Trump administration, taking its third major step this year to roll back federal efforts to fight climate change, is preparing to make it significantly easier for energy companies to release methane into the atmosphere.

And then there is this:

The Trump administration, taking its third major step this year to roll back federal efforts to fight climate change, is preparing to make it significantly easier for energy companies to release methane into the atmosphere.

The NYT hasn't ever overreacted have they?

Let me ask you this, and be objective...

Were the regs put in place during the Obama years perhaps a bit draconian?

The NYT hasn't ever overreacted have they?

Let me ask you this, and be objective...

Were the regs put in place during the Obama years perhaps a bit draconian?
There was a WSJ article as well but still does not take away from the fact. To the last part of the question it is outside of my understanding of what is involved in the testing for methane leaks. If you know the expense involved or the process you could inform me.

Do you feel they are draconian and if so why?

Another question how would these inspections and repairs of leaks be job killers?

And what's going to happen in Cali when they start taxing there **** out of the "rich" to pay for their social programs?

You think those Hollywood liberals and industrialists are going to just sit back and be happy when they get taxed at 50% or more?
They already are. They wouldn’t pay US income tax. So Cali could just raise the state income tax. In terms of their state budget, they are a mess. It would be a better deal for them because all their tax revenue would stay in state. Of course they’d have to fund a defense. Doesn’t matter, it’s nwver going to happen.

And then there is this:

I know nothing about methane, good bad or indifferent. I was just pointing out we can do plenty to fix the environment without needing a global/federal agreement.

I know nothing about methane, good bad or indifferent. I was just pointing out we can do plenty to fix the environment without needing a global/federal agreement.

There is only one atmosphere and one world and it takes the world to contribute. California can't do it alone and Corporate greed could care less.

There is only one atmosphere and one world and it takes the world to contribute. California can't do it alone and Corporate greed could care less.
I agree. but you should be railing up a storm at Europe. Even with the Paris Accords they have been getting worse, not better. always ready to do our part, especially if it improves my quality of life (even without the day after tomorrow stuff). I am all for green tech and what not. but it has to be the smart use and understanding of said tech and policies, something Obama's DoE & UN desperately lack. they are jumping at clauses without understanding impacts, grabbing sound bites and ignoring science. (and not the anti-CC "science")

also I am just not willing to believe we need to give money to people who aren't going to uphold their end of the deal.

I agree. but you should be railing up a storm at Europe. Even with the Paris Accords they have been getting worse, not better. always ready to do our part, especially if it improves my quality of life (even without the day after tomorrow stuff). I am all for green tech and what not. but it has to be the smart use and understanding of said tech and policies, something Obama's DoE & UN desperately lack. they are jumping at clauses without understanding impacts, grabbing sound bites and ignoring science. (and not the anti-CC "science")

also I am just not willing to believe we need to give money to people who aren't going to uphold their end of the deal.

Cough : CHINA

I agree. The bolded is 10 fold for Trump and why you chose to point toward Obama is beyond me.

I agree. The bolded is 10 fold for Trump and why you chose to point toward Obama is beyond me.
Trump removed an Obama reg. Some of those regs, especially the ones concerning water, were completely backwards and actually harmful. as I said I have no clue about the methane stuff so that could be good. Trump got us out of the bad Paris Accords, again something that Obama pushed without fully understanding/or way overselling.

this california thing seems like a good move, it will be interesting to see how the price thing turns out.

Trump removed an Obama reg. Some of those regs, especially the ones concerning water, were completely backwards and actually harmful. as I said I have no clue about the methane stuff so that could be good. Trump got us out of the bad Paris Accords, again something that Obama pushed without fully understanding/or way overselling.

this california thing seems like a good move, it will be interesting to see how the price thing turns out.

You are parroting Trump's BS. Congratulations!

There was a WSJ article as well but still does not take away from the fact. To the last part of the question it is outside of my understanding of what is involved in the testing for methane leaks. If you know the expense involved or the process you could inform me.

Do you feel they are draconian and if so why?

Another question how would these inspections and repairs of leaks be job killers?

Yes.

It will have to be later before I respond though.

You are parroting Trump's BS. Congratulations!
no. just looking objectively at it. Here’s How Far the World Is From Meeting Its Climate Goals
Only Three EU Countries On Track To Meet Paris Climate Agreement Targets
‘To date, we have failed’: Worldwide nations struggling to meet goals outlined in Paris climate agreement two years ago
Winners and losers in the race to meet the Paris climate goals | DW | 18.06.2018

it is failing. and now most scientists are saying even if we did meet it it wouldn't be enough. but those preaching it, aren't doing it. thats bad. thats hypocritical, and we should not have been part of it.

no. just looking objectively at it. Here’s How Far the World Is From Meeting Its Climate Goals
Only Three EU Countries On Track To Meet Paris Climate Agreement Targets
‘To date, we have failed’: Worldwide nations struggling to meet goals outlined in Paris climate agreement two years ago
Winners and losers in the race to meet the Paris climate goals | DW | 18.06.2018

it is failing. and now most scientists are saying even if we did meet it it wouldn't be enough. but those preaching it, aren't doing it. thats bad. thats hypocritical, and we should not have been part of it.
We have to be working together for this common goal. Not everyone is going to meet that goal and pulling out was Trump's way of saying F it, we 're not even going to try. That is why I pointed out the EPA's loosening of any regulations that could help.

I'm also concerned its too little, too late.

I would compare the situation to our run game problems last year. People could think it was just the running backs fault, or they could step back and see the OL has a big hand in it. Obama/Paris Accords were just trying to fix the RBs. it was all political noise to spin the wheels while looking like they cared.

We have to be working together for this common goal. Not everyone is going to meet that goal and pulling out was Trump's way of saying F it, we 're not even going to try. That is why I pointed out the EPA's loosening of any regulations that could help.

I'm also concerned its too little, too late.
Trump pulled out for any number of reasons. most of them probably not good, heck if we called them the Trump Accords he would be all over them. still wouldn't make them a good deal in reality. I am generally for more regulation (see huff's and my fights) they just have to be the right regulations.

here is another article. www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45471410

leadership has its foot up its butt. says we are in deep doodoo if significant changes aren't made by 2020. The solution? A meeting in September of 2019!!!! lol 3 months isn't enough time to even start. its all political noise to pour money into stuff they don't understand.

Progress on that road is currently stalled. UN negotiators met in Bangkok last week to try and push the process forward. But arguments between rich and poor nations over money have seen tempers rise and ambition decline.

we are the biggest opponent of this, really about the only one, and they can't even agree without us even there as a stick in the mud.

They should rename the city San Franshitsco

The problem is that the public restrooms aren't public enough. People are no longer content just *****ing in the same room together. SF needs to quit stalling and install some open air toilets. Basically, outhouses without the house. Every exhibishitist's dream...

Trump pulled out for any number of reasons. most of them probably not good, heck if we called them the Trump Accords he would be all over them. still wouldn't make them a good deal in reality. I am generally for more regulation (see huff's and my fights) they just have to be the right regulations.
I think Huff and Grand will find common ground on this. Hell I think we did and I see where you're coming from that we can only do what we can do and every state needs to pitch in.

I think Huff and Grand will find common ground on this.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mick
Hell I think we did and I see where you're coming from that we can only do what we can do and every state needs to pitch in.

Now that I have a couple of minutes...

Yes, I thought the Obama Administration was fairly draconian with their policies. Starting with Cap and Trade up front. Yes, it failed, but overall, the fact the government was trying to "auction" off acceptable levels of greenhouse gases should have been appalling to nearly everyone concerned. Sorry, if climate change is that drastic, why should you worry about money?

Then there was this:

Companies Face Fines for Not Using Unavailable Biofuel

Might as well make the gas companies add in unicorn piss.

Then there was the Clean Power Plan. Lowering CO2 levels by 32%. Basically, this was the regulation that would have killed the coal industry. And forced the individual states to comply.

How about the Waters of the United States rule? Basically, the EPA was poised to be able to fine and regulate everything from a minor spring to ponds on private lands. Yeah, that's draconian.

And the Paris Treaty. Yes, it sucked for us. Yes, it was a horrible deal from the start. Yes, it gave India and the PRC free reign for nearly 15 years to pollute until their hearts were content.

Yes, it unfairly targeted the US while giving a pass for far worse polluters. But you know what happened? Something miraculous. Individual cities, states and companies vowed to abide by the Treaty stipulations regardless of the Federal government enforcement.

Holy cow! They did something without being forced by the rule of law? How is that even possible? Blame and whine about Trump all you want, but he did the right thing. Mayors and Governors and Captains of Industry whined and bitched and vowed to "we'll show him who's boss!" by implementing the provisions...all without being mandated to.

Shocking.

VN Store

Back