Calexit!

Dont tell me it was about "conservatism". Austin is a liberal enclave.
Sounds like it wasn't liberal enough.

That says something.

So obviously, these people are moving and bringing their liberal ideologies with them, and the locals are pushing back.

Exhibit A was the dad (also at a kids flag football league) wearing the "Don't move to Austin" T-shirt, a play on "Don't mess with Texas." Let me get this straight: I uprooted my family, moved across four states, and that's the welcome I get? And the worst part of it all is that it's not even funny. There's a bumper sticker in the West: "Montana sucks. Tell your friends!" Same message, but with some humor.

And then there are the native Texans, usually older, who stick pretty closely to the stereotypes. I've never been told so often what to do and what not to do, and the delivery is in a "this is just the way it's done" tone that is completely oblivious to any other viewpoints on the matter.

Someone could make a pretty penny making some "Don't Move To Tennessee" t-shirts and hats.

U-Haul measures moves to a state vs moves out by trunk rentals. TN unfortunately is the No 1 destination for moves right now.

U-Haul measures moves to a state vs moves out by trunk rentals. TN unfortunately is the No 1 destination for moves right now.
make sure everyone knows we're a bunch of coach firin' funny talkin' hillbillies and rednecks who have voted R since before the civil war (the one from 1860). And it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. And it rains alot.

VN Store

Back