Calexit!

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
'Calexit' supporters revamp campaign with plan to convert half of California into 'autonomous Native American nation'

I love this part:

“Our campaign is not motivated by the shifting balance of political power in Washington,” Marinelli said in an email. “We are motivated by the fact that California is a distinct society with the capability to govern itself independent of a country whose values are in direct conflict with ours, and a country whose government system [and its institutions] is broken and obsolete.”

So because of 1 presidential election it's time to secede? By the time this could even happen a Dem could be in the White House. Then what?

Back out and claim the "high ground" for a threat that brought change.

"We won!"

The conservatives would help them pack and the liberals would chain them up in Washington's basement. If the California electorate seceded, there would never be another Democrat President.

Reactions: UTVols75
And the south would waller in poverty forever when they lost the source of funding of their welfare states.
I'm not sure I agree, but would welcome it. Welfare is never a good long term solution. Unlike you apparently, I have a high regard for Southerners and don't think they would wallow in poverty forever. I figure we could pick ourselves up and prosper...especially with good, conservative leadership at the national helm.

Feel free to castigate an entire region of people as too dumb/lazy/white trashy to survive on their own. (Whatever it is in your mind that makes us so incapable.)

And the south would waller in poverty forever when they lost the source of funding of their welfare states.
That explains the idea behind the threat.

We can't win an election when its put on a platter with Trump as the opposition, so lets make a threat that may punish them economically to get them back in line at the polls.

Voter intimidation is awesome.

I'm not sure I agree, but would welcome it. Welfare is never a good long term solution. Unlike you apparently, I have a high regard for Southerners and don't think they would wallow in poverty forever. I figure we could pick ourselves up and prosper...especially with good, conservative leadership at the national helm.

Feel free to castigate an entire region of people as too dumb/lazy/white trashy to survive on their own. (Whatever it is in your mind that makes us so incapable.)

The south takes far more than they give, in terms of tax money. It is a fact. Without California's 16% contribution to the tax revenue of the federal government... the south would lose the source of the funds they count on to survive.

That explains the idea behind the threat.

We can't win an election when its put on a platter with Trump as the opposition, so lets make a threat that may punish them economically to get them back in line at the polls.

Voter intimidation is awesome.

Personally, I believe the South would do just fine without California, no matter CWV's opinion of our ultimate demise.

Apparently he doesn't realize that industry is leaving California for the South. He doesn't seem to realize that Californians are leaving California as well. As a matter of fact, in the past month, our church has absorbed several families that just moved here to escape cost of living, oppressive liberal leadership, and its stupid laws.

In a head-on collision with California's exit, I like the South's chances much more than California's.

Oh... And we have water. We have that going for us.

The south takes far more than they give, in terms of tax money. It is a fact. Without California's 16% contribution to the tax revenue of the federal government... the south would lose the source of the funds they count on to survive.

I'm game to give it a try without them. Besides if they did break away all that industry would flee, chances are they would move to the southeast.

Again... I think the South would be much better off with California's exit. You seem to think Southerners too stupid or lazy to pick up the need if such "welfare" was cut off. I have faith in them that they can thrive. Just like you liberals seem to think that blacks are incapable of prosperity without the welfare plantation and special breaks via affirmative action. And I think they are overall a strong and intelligent group of people who could thrive and prosper without the liberal race wars that make them the constant victim, and welfare plantation that incentives a rampant welfare culture.

But, I guess that's just the different filters we apparently with.

So... Again... Split it at the fault and let's see who sinks. I dare you.

Again... I think the South would be much better off with California's exit. You seem to think Southerners too stupid or lazy to pick up the need if such "welfare" was cut off. I have faith in them that they can thrive. Just like you liberals seem to think that blacks are incapable of prosperity without the welfare plantation and special breaks via affirmative action. And I think they are overall a strong and intelligent group of people who could thrive and prosper without the liberal race wars that make them the constant victim, and welfare plantation that incentives a rampant welfare culture.

But, I guess that's just the different filters we apparently with.

So... Again... Split it at the fault and let's see who sinks. I dare you.

The south has survived by suckling at the government teet for a long time. Why should it take California's succession to break that dependence. You say what you believe, but all evidence indicates otherwise.

Why would the South lose Welfare? Why wouldn't the military budget fall? How about Medicare programs? Why not farm subsidies?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So you don't just believe there would be an impact but that the entire southern region would dry up and cease to exist without California.

I need to shutdown my business and file the paperwork from the sounds of it.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
So you don't just believe there would be an impact but that the entire southern region would dry up and cease to exist without California.

I need to shutdown my business and file the paperwork from the sounds of it.

No, of course the south wouldn't just dry up and cease to exist, but without much of the government funding they count on there would be a significant economic impact. BTW, the states hit the hardest would be Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina...

No evidence to support that assertion.

Don't pay attention?

Carl's Jr moved to Nashville
Nissan North American moved to Franklin
Toyota North America moved to Dallas
Jacobs Engineering to Dallas
Jamba Juice
Occidental Petroleum
Omnitracs
Kubota Tractor

And what's going to happen in Cali when they start taxing there **** out of the "rich" to pay for their social programs?

You think those Hollywood liberals and industrialists are going to just sit back and be happy when they get taxed at 50% or more?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
And what's going to happen in Cali when they start taxing there **** out of the "rich" to pay for their social programs?

You think those Hollywood liberals and industrialists are going to just sit back and be happy when they get taxed at 50% or more?

Are you insinuating they won't practice what they preach?

Reactions: shotgun83

No choice. Communists are not above building a wall to keep the citizens trapped and enslaved. Imagine the Berlin wall along the Nevada and Oregon state line.

Reactions: hog88
ClearwaterVol said:

No, of course the south wouldn't just dry up and cease to exist, but without much of the government funding they count on there would be a significant economic impact. BTW, the states hit the hardest would be Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina...

Don't drop back and punt now. You've outed what you really think of Southerners and, by reference, the poor on welfare. They're too helpless and hapless to survive without their welfare. Pretty despicable viewpoint if you ask me, but that's on you.

Personally, I believe that when bad, controlling, programs that incentive's laziness and dependence are removed, people's natural strengths overcome. And I would LOVE to see 80-90% of Federal funding removed from states. It would bolster state economies and return decision making to the smaller governments. The wasteful Federal government would lose almost all of its influence/control, and the budget would shrink to manageable size.

VN Store

Back