By the STATS

Where's the defensive stats, turn over stats and opponent rankings? If your doing a "by the stats"thread, these are needed

Also
They have a total of 1152 yards with 117 points

We have 1227 total yards with only 97 points and one of our opponents is the worst cfb team right now

We have both given up 43 points

How about sacks given and taken. Tackles for loss given and taken. Cause I'm willing to bet, our o line is about to get completely embarrassed and likewise for defense

FL has 8 sacks, UT 5, both have two INT's , UF leads in fumble recoveries with 6 UT has 2. UT is 63rd in offense and UF is tied for 79th. UT is 31st in total D with UF at 53rd. TN given up 5 sacks for -29 yards, UF 4 for -23.

As far as the opponents goes. I don't have time to break down each opponent. So far each team has played 1 decent team and 2 cupcakes.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I’m mostly concerned about the OL. If they don’t play their best game so far, Guarantano will look like he did last year. Flat on his back.
Guarantano has greatly improved this year, he’s getting the ball quickly out of his hand and delivering the ball accurately. As JP said, he fared well vs WVa, didn’t take sacks vs those guys, so I expect he’ll continue to do so vs Florida. Question is, can our OL execute, get any push whatsoever so we can have some semblance of a running game. I like that Ty is back....he’s obviously our most explosive running back and only needs a crease, and if he can squirt through a time or two, make a linebacker or safety miss, maybe we can get a “cheap” score without having to put together a 10 play 70 yard drive.

Guarantano has greatly improved this year, he’s getting the ball quickly out of his hand and delivering the ball accurately. As JP said, he fared well vs WVa, didn’t take sacks vs those guys, so I expect he’ll continue to do so vs Florida. Question is, can our OL execute, get any push whatsoever so we can have some semblance of a running game. I like that Ty is back....he’s obviously our most explosive running back and only needs a crease, and if he can squirt through a time or two, make a linebacker or safety miss, maybe we can get a “cheap” score without having to put together a 10 play 70 yard drive.
i think a few big plays will be needed, in basically every game we play...lol....but i'll be honest, i'd like to see us be able to do the long, clock eating drive a few times per game as well. i've no problem in grinding out 1st downs and keeping opposing offenses on the bench.

in fact, it's one of the things i think is very important for this team to be successful. i think our defense is getting better. but it's very much a work in progress, and the more our offense can help the defense, the better. plus, being able to do that opens up the opportunities for big plays throughout the game.

that drive in the 2nd qtr of the WVU game that took nearly 9 minutes off the clock and resulted in a TD was a thing of beauty.

but to your point, yeah, for that to happen, the offense has to execute, especially on the O line and you can't have silly mistakes/penalties that put you off schedule.

I think Vegas has this about right. UT should be a -5 dog to UF.

All the stats in the world can not measure someones heart and who wants it more.

I said this in the Heltons thoughts on JG thread. JG has to limit the negative plays using his legs when its not there. He made the adjustment in the UTEP game. I don't need him to scramble for 50-100 yards a game. I really liked that he changed that up. He has some wheels when he wants to show them.

i think a few big plays will be needed, in basically every game we play...lol....but i'll be honest, i'd like to see us be able to do the long, clock eating drive a few times per game as well. i've no problem in grinding out 1st downs and keeping opposing offenses on the bench.

in fact, it's one of the things i think is very important for this team to be successful. i think our defense is getting better. but it's very much a work in progress, and the more our offense can help the defense, the better. plus, being able to do that opens up the opportunities for big plays throughout the game.

that drive in the 2nd qtr of the WVU game that took nearly 9 minutes off the clock and resulted in a TD was a thing of beauty.

but to your point, yeah, for that to happen, the offense has to execute, especially on the O line and you can't have silly mistakes/penalties that put you off schedule.
I absolutely love those clock eating drives. There's nothing more demoralizing to an opposing defense than moving the ball down the field 5 yards at a time and punching it in.

Both having played two cupcakes and (oops ) 1 P5 here are the #'s
UF rushing 97 att 555 yards with 5.7 avg and 3 rushing td's
UT rushing 132 att 664 yards with 5.0 avg and 8 rushing td's
UF passing 80 att 592 yards with comp% 55.0 9 passing td's Trask is 100% helping the overall out a little. Franks is 53.2
UT passing 60 att 563 yards with comp% 71.7 3 passing td's Chryst is 66.7% and JG at 77.2%

Going to be honest this game is a toss up. I am unsure how UF is a -5- to -7 fave? UF has 20 more passing att for only 29 more yards. While UT has 35 more rushes for 109 more yards. UF does have one more overall TD than UT. Neither team is exactly lighting it up. Franks does have 2 INT's and JG has 0. This sure looks like a winnable game to me guys. OL issues or not.
Because their QB can throw more TD's in 3 games than ours can in 2 years.

Because their QB can throw more TD's in 3 games than ours can in 2 years.

Currently hes a 50% passer. I am not saying that they wont come in and whip up on us. Although the world is falling thoughts should be held at bay till this one is over.

I would say that Charleston Southern is probably similar to ETSU probably slightly better. CO ST is much better than UTEP. I would also say WV is better than KY. So at this point UT has the advantage on paper. Not that its really saying much. As someone stated its really going to come down to who wants it more.

FL has 8 sacks, UT 5, both have two INT's , UF leads in fumble recoveries with 6 UT has 2. UT is 63rd in offense and UF is tied for 79th. UT is 31st in total D with UF at 53rd. TN given up 5 sacks for -29 yards, UF 4 for -23.

As far as the opponents goes. I don't have time to break down each opponent. So far each team has played 1 decent team and 2 cupcakes.

Im fairly certain UF had 0 sacks vs KY. We had 2 vs WV. So weve done slightly better vs our better opponent than they have in pressure.

VN Store

Back