Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

How did you make any money on that barn above you burned down?

About $11k. There was more poplar in it than I first realized.. and more bug damage that was hidden. It was decent..

Happy and hopeful for you, buckfama :good!:

Appreciate it man. In some ways this is better then me growing on my own because I have a safety net of sorts. Someone I can go to for advice. And 2 sets of eyes and ears on the market are better than 1.

This guy is a lot like me. Straight to the point and no bs.. so it's a good fit.

About $11k. There was more poplar in it than I first realized.. and more bug damage that was hidden. It was decent..

Was a joke. Read it again, slowly. :)

I didn't ask you how much you made, that would be rude and none of my business.

Good to hear you're doing well.

Was a joke. Read it again, slowly. :)

I didn't ask you how much you made, that would be rude and none of my business.

Good to hear you're doing well.

Dang.. sorry man.. I was reading fast.. missed it completely. Lol

I don't care to share what I made..

But my apologies man.. haha

Appreciate it man. In some ways this is better then me growing on my own because I have a safety net of sorts. Someone I can go to for advice. And 2 sets of eyes and ears on the market are better than 1.

This guy is a lot like me. Straight to the point and no bs.. so it's a good fit.

Don’t disappear ———

Reactions: 1 person
***Shameless plug***

Look up Barnwood Renaissance on Facebook and give me a like and some shares. Starting to list some items for sale.

***Shameless plug***

Look up Barnwood Renaissance on Facebook and give me a like and some shares. Starting to list some items for sale.

I will, I'll comment you the the greatest work, but you'll owe me!

I looked at some of your posts. I haven't heard kiln dried, or board feet since I graded lumber!

***Shameless plug***

What about those few of us who do not Faceplant? Do you have a website or Indeed listing?

Well.. had another blessing today..

Just got a phone call from my new partner. He is in Ohio buying lumber and visiting reclaimed lumber yards.

I now have my own office at one of the largest lumber dealers in the country. I now have access to hundreds of thousands of board feet of lumber for my customers.. and all I have to do is walk out my door.

I'm stunned .. this is growing hella fast. But this puts me in the arena with the big boys.. plus I also gained access to 2 more buyers lumber yards in Kentucky. Going to check them out Thursday and I'll be in Ohio Friday, going through inventory and getting a feel for this buyer.

But this is a game and life changer for me.

Everything still goes through my business, I collect for my orders, pay him, and then pocket the profit.

God keeps blessing me ..

Just got a phone call from my new partner. He is in Ohio buying lumber and visiting reclaimed lumber yards.

I now have my own office at one of the largest lumber dealers in the country. I now have access to hundreds of thousands of board feet of lumber for my customers.. and all I have to do is walk out my door.

I'm stunned .. this is growing hella fast. But this puts me in the arena with the big boys.. plus I also gained access to 2 more buyers lumber yards in Kentucky. Going to check them out Thursday and I'll be in Ohio Friday, going through inventory and getting a feel for this buyer.

Everything still goes through my business, I collect for my orders, pay him, and then pocket the profit.

God keeps blessing me ..
Great to hear man.

God keeps blessing me ..

Outstanding.

G-d is responsible for everything and we should always give thanks but G-d has given this blessing to you because you’ve earned it with hard work.

Yo! Buckfama! What's happenin'?

Been busier than a one armed wall paper hanger.

Well, I did not take the opportunity in Ohio and here is why.

From the way it was originally offer to me, and after several conversations with him and 2 more visits to Ohio, I was going to be more of an employee than a business owner. That's not what I want.

I thanked him for the opportunity, but passed.

Since then I have purchessed approximately 3 semi loads of barnwood from another dealer and am currently sorting through it, getting rid of the bad and trying to find new homes for it.

So now I have to determine which direction to take my business.

With the deal I was offered, I feel it was to benefit someone else more than it was to benefit me. To gain them fill time access to another yard.

I was also being asked to broker wood, basically buy and sell and that didn't appeal to me.

The barnwod industry is huge and very competitive. It's hard enough selling what you take down, much less brokering it. It can be done, as there are several large companies that do it. But they are able to because they get a huge volume discount because of the quantities they buy.

Right now I'm looking around and figuring out where I'm gonna a fit in to all of this.

I think I'll always remove buildings, and offer retail on the side as well as furniture. Flooring and wall board as well, but not huge quantities as some do.

Location is going to be my biggest decision. I'm thinking tri-cities area. Probably near Bristol or Kingsport. I need access to the northern barns, they are too valuable to ignore with their hand hewn frames and flooring. Thst area gives me access to Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and both Virginia's.

So thats where I'm at right now. Not really at a crossroads, but thinking my original plan was best and getting things going back in that direction.

I don't regret it, and I have met and talked to some new dealers, made some new contacts and customers, grew my knowledge even more about this industry and how huge it is.

I also learned that there are many different paths to being successful doing this. And that, while someone else may have good intentions (or maybe not), that their vision of how to be successful isn't necessarily the right way for you. Even if it is successful for them. You as an individual have your own strengths and weaknesses and must find what works for you.

And above all, be happy doing it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back