Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.

buckfama

Volnation's official hillbilly
What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.
I always prefer the natural color or the wood. Market trends be danged!! Lol

buckfama

Today was a bust in some ways and a blessing in others.

The guy I'm working for flattened 2 tires on his bobcat and so he parked it right in the middle of the area where I store my wood.

He and his worker were busy moving some furniture so in order for me to get my wood off the trailer and denailed, I offered to pull the tired and take them to the co-op and get them plugged. He was grateful for me offering and so I tore out trying to get them repaired. Took me half a day (another story in itself lol). But I got them fixed and back on the bobcat.

So I got it moved and got my trailer pulled in and got about 4 good hours in denailing.

While I was working my new customer called from Florida and placed his first order!! I have to call him back in a couple of days and finalize what I'm bringing him, but it will be roughly between 1000 to 1200 board feet. I'm so pumped.

So I stopped what I was doing, ran to the store and bought me a ribeye to celebrate over. 😀😀

So I guess the moral of the story is no matter how crappy your day starts out, you never know how it will end. Keep plugging away at it.

Attachments

Behr

Go Vols!
Today was a bust in some ways and a blessing in others.

The guy I'm working for flattened 2 tires on his bobcat and so he parked it right in the middle of the area where I store my wood.

He and his worker were busy moving some furniture so in order for me to get my wood off the trailer and denailed, I offered to pull the tired and take them to the co-op and get them plugged. He was grateful for me offering and so I tore out trying to get them repaired. Took me half a day (another story in itself lol). But I got them fixed and back on the bobcat.

So I got it moved and got my trailer pulled in and got about 4 good hours in denailing.

While I was working my new customer called from Florida and placed his first order!! I have to call him back in a couple of days and finalize what I'm bringing him, but it will be roughly between 1000 to 1200 board feet. I'm so pumped.

So I stopped what I was doing, ran to the store and bought me a ribeye to celebrate over. 😀😀

So I guess the moral of the story is no matter how crappy your day starts out, you never know how it will end. Keep plugging away at it.
Obviously, Slice didn't give a schit about your story, but I did. Good for you. How was the ribeye?

buckfama

You do nice work man. I love the ship lap walls. And leaving the door upside down is awesome. Most are anal about things like that and would replace it. To me it is part of the character and history of the house.. I appreciate you leaving it.

buckfama

Tomorrow will be a boring day. Have to finish denailing, trimming, and tallying what I have on hand.

I'll call him back and he will finalize his order by what I have ready. I actually got 2 orders from him today. One was for a load of poplar this week and a load of oak out of the next building in a week or so.

VN Store

Sponsors