Brock Jancek

VEKZY

Anyone know anything about this guy?

6'8" 206lb

He is listed on the summer 2018 basketball roster.

Link

-Graduated from Knoxville Catholic High School, where he was coached by Mike Hutchens.

-Was named to the 2018 Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State Team.

-Averaged 21.0 points and 8.0 rebounds as a senior in 2017-18, landed a spot on the Knoxville News Sentinel’s 2018 All-PrepXtra Team and was a finalist for Boys Basketball Player of the Year at the annual Knox News Sports Awards event.

-As a junior in 2016-17, he averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds while helping to lead Catholic to the TSSAA Class AA state championship game; he also earned a spot on the Class AA All-Tournament Team.

-That 2016-17 squad authored a 28-game win streak, captured District 4-AA and Region 2-AA tournament crowns, finished with a 31-2 record and was ranked No. 1 in every Associated Press state poll that came out during the season.

Reactions: 1 person
I realize he is the son of John Jancek.

If he is a walk-on, does he affect the number of players we can have in the 2018 class?

Does this confirm we won't have another signee?

I realize he is the son of John Jancek.

If he is a walk-on, does he affect the number of players we can have in the 2018 class?

Does this confirm we won't have another signee?

He won't count as one of the 13 if he is a walk on but there is a limit to roster size. It might mean no more are being added and one walk on gets a scholly. Woodson getting one would be awesome

I mentioned him weeks ago as walking on, this is a very nice addition as he actually had some MM offers, also has some size where most of the time walk-on’s tend to be guards. I’m not sure on numbers but I know he was walking on at UT while Tennessee still thought they were getting Fore so I don’t think it would prohibit them from signing someone else if they chose to.

Reactions: 3 people
I mentioned him weeks ago as walking on, this is a very nice addition as he actually had some MM offers, also has some size where most of the time walk-on’s tend to be guards. I’m not sure on numbers but I know he was walking on at UT while Tennessee still thought they were getting Fore so I don’t think it would prohibit them from signing someone else if they chose to.

Thanks for the info. :hi:

BrockHoopseen_ATL_JAM_LR-882.jpg

The decision to walk-on at Tennessee, Jancek explained, was about staying close to home and being part of a winning college basketball program. “They have a phenomenal program and coaches, as everyone saw last year,” Jancek said. “I feel like they’re going to be really good and I want to be part of that. That was the best decision, I thought, of the choices I had.”

...“I’m sort of a four man,” Jancek said of his game. “Can play inside, hustle and rebound. And then a little outside game. Not much though, that’s what I’m working on. A good post player, rebounder, hustle.”

Tennessee Vols Basketball: Vols issue DJ Burns jersey number, add walk-on forward to roster

Reactions: 1 person
He won't count as one of the 13 if he is a walk on but there is a limit to roster size. It might mean no more are being added and one walk on gets a scholly. Woodson getting one would be awesome

Isnt the roster size limit just for travel - seems like there are more on the bench at home than the road - just wondering and no I wouldnt use a scholly on Woodson at this point

Isnt the roster size limit just for travel - seems like there are more on the bench at home than the road - just wondering and no I wouldnt use a scholly on Woodson at this point

If you dont sign another guard or anyone else in this class you could use the scholly for Woodson for this year. But certainly he has to be able to contribute as backcourt depth for this upcoming season.

If you dont sign another guard or anyone else in this class you could use the scholly for Woodson for this year. But certainly he has to be able to contribute as backcourt depth for this upcoming season.

I dont follow recruiting that close, but I thought they had their eye on a guard

Nearly certain the roster for travel and practice has a limit.

Nearly certain the roster for travel and practice has a limit.

It might be 16. I don't recall walk-ons not traveling. 13+3 for men. 15 scholarships for women.

With all of the suits sitting on the bench that travel, it would be more NCAA stupidity to limit any of players from traveling.

He doesn’t even have a Scout or Rivals profile. I find that a little surprising. Or if he does, I couldn’t easily find it

VN Store

Back