BP as analyst.

tenmanjonez

I haven't really seen him until today at halftime for the NCSU/Duke game... Now, it's only a few minutes, but I love to watch the guy talk. I know he screwed up here, but that's in the past. Guy knows basketball, and he is so passionate about it. He smiles whenever he talks, he loves basketball. I really hope he gets back into coaching soon, because college basketball needs Bruce Pearl.

Reactions: 1 person
Not exactly in the past yet, but on the bright side, you may have a new mid-major or D-II team to cheer for in the future.

Reactions: 1 person
I mean, the effects arent in the past, but his actions are in the past, both good and bad. I think it's time for people to start pulling for the guy again. He's one hell of a ball coach that's for sure.

I mean, the effects arent in the past, but his actions are in the past, both good and bad. I think it's time for people to start pulling for the guy again. He's one hell of a ball coach that's for sure.

Agree. & moreover, he still lives in Knoxville, still loves UT & the big time job we gave him, & were not for his error, he'd still be here & still be loving coaching the Big Orange in TBA. So, we need to wish him well.

I haven't really seen him until today at halftime for the NCSU/Duke game... Now, it's only a few minutes, but I love to watch the guy talk. I know he screwed up here, but that's in the past. Guy knows basketball, and he is so passionate about it. He smiles whenever he talks, he loves basketball. I really hope he gets back into coaching soon, because college basketball needs Bruce Pearl.

Couldn't agree more. There are few, if any, personalities in college basketball as charismatic as Bruce Pearl. When he was at UT, the entire SEC was more exciting, partly due to the dynamics of Pearl vs. Calipari, Pearl vs. Donovan, Pearl vs. Stallings. The league is as dull as it's ever been this season. Cuonzo may yet surprise us, but he doesn't exactly bring the excitement.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok - question for the masses - when does his probation or what ever you call it in his case run out? I was always a little confused as to how that worked. Also - regarding his assistants - have they all cleared their respective penalties?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Bruce has learnt his lesson. Id love for him to come back because he is exciting and has fun to watch teams. Flame away.

Reactions: 5 people
I would like to see him come back, the current product is hard to watch! It would not bother me at all to see him back on the bench in orange.....but it will never happen, unfortunately!

I liked Pearl his first few years, his quick tempo press and the excitement he brought. After his elite 8 run things started running down hill. He never was a good recruiting evaluator, just went after stars. His offense was a control chaos dribble the ball around until 10 seconds were left and then jack up a 3. His best years was when Lofton was there and could hit the 3. I wouldn't mind having that Pearl back, but not the ladder Pearl. Just my 2 cents...still thin CCM can get it done. Is offense is bad, but is adding really nice players. Richardson, Moore, Reese, and Yemi have all been impressive when, everyone doubted them because of the stars by their name. Adding Maymon and Hubbs will improve the offense tremendously. Please everyone give him some time. I know it's hard for everyone to be patient, because that's how the world is today, but judge him after next year, when he has had 3 years to get the players for his system.

Edit: don't drill me too hard with spelling I'm on my phone.

I liked Pearl his first few years, his quick tempo press and the excitement he brought. After his elite 8 run things started running down hill. He never was a good recruiting evaluator, just went after stars. His offense was a control chaos dribble the ball around until 10 seconds were left and then jack up a 3. His best years was when Lofton was there and could hit the 3. I wouldn't mind having that Pearl back, but not the ladder Pearl. Just my 2 cents...still thin CCM can get it done. Is offense is bad, but is adding really nice players. Richardson, Moore, Reese, and Yemi have all been impressive when, everyone doubted them because of the stars by their name. Adding Maymon and Hubbs will improve the offense tremendously. Please everyone give him some time. I know it's hard for everyone to be patient, because that's how the world is today, but judge him after next year, when he has had 3 years to get the players for his system.

Edit: don't drill me too hard with spelling I'm on my phone.
he only coached one season after the elite 8 run. At least that's what i was thinking.

he only coached one season after the elite 8 run. At least that's what i was thinking.

Yep, went down hill after that. I guess you can make an excuse about all of the negative attention around him lying, but if you do that then you can make an excuse for CCM not having Maymon..

VN Store

Back