Bob Woodward's book on 1st two years of the Trump Administration

It's also possible that some of these people did not paint the President in the best light and also did not say what Woodward printed.

I'm sure Woody has interviews on tape, interviews chock full of "this is what I heard" and "this is what x told me" nothing first hand.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Correct, they sadi they DIDN't say those things. Try to keep up.

Of course they would deny it, what sane person would admit that? Especially if they're the Patriots who are keeping the world safe from a thin-skinned geopolitical neophyte.

Bob's got the receipts, its' time to come to grips with it.

Reactions: TennTom
Of course they would deny it, what sane person would admit that? Especially if they're the Patriots who are keeping the world safe from a thin-skinned geopolitical neophyte.

Bob's got the receipts, its' time to come to grips with it.

No, right now and until he shows proof they said what he claims, Woody is the liar.

You're trying too hard. It's a simple fix, they can call Bob and ask to have the tapes of their interview released.

Problem solved.
And here’s the point I brought up before. With regard to Kelly and Mattis in particular there most likely are no first hand tapes. So there’s nothing for them to act on. Having a third party say to release their tapes quoting Mattis and Kelly saying stuff they said they didn’t is a death sentence (maybe a literal one with Mattis!). Coy move by Woodward but he also knew nobody would take him up on it, not the third party interviews anyway.

And he knew you guys would grab the water pail for him and run with it. 😬

And he knew you guys would grab the water pail for him and run with it. 😬

It's because he's built a reputation of credibility over 50 years.

Is it an appeal to authority? Yes, but deep down - you know that toadstool don is mess and that the accounts of the west wingers are more than plausible.

Is it an appeal to authority? Yes, but deep down - you know that toadstool don is mess and that the accounts of the west wingers are more than plausible.
Yeah, I believe he's built a rep as a good ol' boy lib.

An appeal to authority ? The only thing he is appealing to are the crazy left that will buy his books . He’s a book salesman and a damn good one , he’s not writing this for the public good or to help anything but his bank account .

Reactions: BigOrangeD

And I know that you know an appeal to authority only can carry weight if both sides of the debate accept the relevance of the source. Thus your second statement trying to sell it. Nope, we reject the authority of the source thus it falls to logical fallacy.

And the only thing I know deep down is that Trump is the valid constitutionally elected president of our nation and all of this partisan obstruction of his admin is BS. Trump promised upheaval. “Drain the swamp!”. We have that in spades.

An appeal to authority ? The only thing he is appealing to are the crazy left that will buy his books . He’s a book salesman and a damn good one , he’s not writing this for the public good or to help anything but his bank account .

FFS, I'm the one appealing to authority you dolt. Go back to the Q thread, you're embarrassing yourself here - keep your ignorance confined to a place where you aren't bothering rational people.

And I know that you know an appeal to authority only can carry weight if both sides of the debate accept the relevance of the source. Thus your second statement trying to sell it. Nope, we reject the authority of the source thus it falls to logical fallacy.

And the only thing I know deep down is that Trump is the valid constitutionally elected president of our nation and all of this partisan obstruction of his admin is BS. Trump promised upheaval. “Drain the swamp!”. We have that in spades.

Did you just explain to me that my admittance of using a logical fallacy but not caring was still a logical fallacy? Nice Job Sherlock.

giphy.gif

FFS, I'm the one appealing to authority you dolt. Go back to the Q thread, you're embarrassing yourself here - keep your ignorance confined to a place where you aren't bothering rational people.

Already told you once I don’t do the Q . All you are doing is cherry picking what you think you are smart enough to cover with your opinions . You are spouting off your belief that he has these “ deep throat sources” but like most things you are just talking out of your butt . You can’t prove he does anymore than we can prove he doesn’t . Oh and I like it when you show your thin skin . Better toughen up Troll . lol

Did you just explain to me that my admittance of using a logical fallacy but not caring was still a logical fallacy? Nice Job Sherlock.

giphy.gif
So I was actually pointing out that while it is generally accepted as a logical fallacy it can indeed have weight in cases where the source is accepted bilaterally as unimpeachable.

Thus you presenting your own argument as a logical fallacy is an admission that the source is not unimpeachable and you know it.

You’re welcome.

Septic was announcing to his own fallacious appeal to authority, not the author's. The funny thing is, he defended his fallacious appeal with another fallacious appeal.

Reactions: Septic
I think your projections of inadequacy is my favorite part of your streetcorner rambling.

I think you showing your soft underside when you speak to me is my favorite . Never seen a troll before that as soft as you are , it’s different I like it .

Blaming Trump on the Dims again.

He beat out 16 other Repubs.

You can only credit the people who voted for him...no one else.

That will be an eagle they can be proud of for the remainder of their lives.
fify.

The only thing I will agree with you on is that he beat out 16 other Republicans. 16 vanilla, exactly-the-same politicians. Reince Priebus is solely to blame for that. He ran a reality TV show and Trump recognized it for what it was. The Dimwits on the other had ran a version of the Sopranos, and Tony got whacked.

Reactions: 1972 Grad

VN Store

Back