Bob Woodward's book on 1st two years of the Trump Administration

carlos86

Fear: Trump in the White House

"With authoritative reporting honed through eight presidencies from Nixon to Obama, author Bob Woodward reveals in unprecedented detail the harrowing life inside President Donald Trump’s White House and precisely how he makes decisions on major foreign and domestic policies. Woodward draws from hundreds of hours of interviews with firsthand sources, meeting notes, personal diaries, files and documents. The focus is on the explosive debates and the decision-making in the Oval Office, the Situation Room, Air Force One and the White House residence"

And here are the excerpts:

John Dowd and Jay Sekulow went to Mueller's office and re-enacted the mock interview. Their goal: to argue that Trump couldn't possibly testify because he was incapable of telling the truth. "He just made something up. That's his nature," Dowd said to Mueller.

Dowd told Trump: “Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.” Trump: “I’ll be a real good witness,” Dowd: “You are not a good witness. Mr. President, I’m afraid I just can’t help you.” The next morning, Dowd resigned.

Dowd tells Mueller: “I’m not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot. And you publish that transcript...and the guys overseas are going to say, ‘I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a damn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?’ ”

"In one small group meeting, (chief of staff) Kelly said of Trump: 'He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.'"

At a National Security Council meeting on Jan. 19, Trump disregarded the significance of the massive U.S. military presence on the Korean Peninsula, including a special intelligence operation that allows the United States to detect a North Korean missile launch in seven seconds vs. 15 minutes from Alaska, according to Woodward. Trump questioned why the government was spending resources in the region at all.
“We’re doing this in order to prevent World War III,” Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told him. After one discussion about North Korea, Defense Secretary Jim "Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’ ”

"Mocking Sessions’s accent, Trump added, 'This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.'"

Woodward depicts Trump’s anger and paranoia about the Russia inquiry as unrelenting, at times paralyzing the West Wing for entire days. Learning of the appointment of Mueller in May 2017, Trump groused, “Everybody’s trying to get me”— part of a venting period that shellshocked aides compared to Richard Nixon’s final days as president.

Woodward describes “an administrative coup d’etat” and a “nervous breakdown” of the executive branch, with senior aides conspiring to pluck official papers from the president’s desk so he couldn’t see or sign them.

Woodward recounts at length how Trump’s national security team was shaken by his lack of curiosity and knowledge about world affairs and his contempt for the mainstream perspectives of military and intelligence leaders.

"With authoritative reporting honed through eight presidencies from Nixon to Obama, author Bob Woodward reveals in unprecedented detail the harrowing life inside President Donald Trump’s White House and precisely how he makes decisions on major foreign and domestic policies. Woodward draws from hundreds of hours of interviews with firsthand sources, meeting notes, personal diaries, files and documents. The focus is on the explosive debates and the decision-making in the Oval Office, the Situation Room, Air Force One and the White House residence"

John Dowd and Jay Sekulow went to Mueller's office and re-enacted the mock interview. Their goal: to argue that Trump couldn't possibly testify because he was incapable of telling the truth. "He just made something up. That's his nature," Dowd said to Mueller.

Dowd told Trump: “Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.” Trump: “I’ll be a real good witness,” Dowd: “You are not a good witness. Mr. President, I’m afraid I just can’t help you.” The next morning, Dowd resigned.

Dowd tells Mueller: “I’m not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot. And you publish that transcript...and the guys overseas are going to say, ‘I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a damn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?’ ”

"In one small group meeting, (chief of staff) Kelly said of Trump: 'He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.'"

After one discussion about North Korea, Defense Secretary Jim "Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’ ”

"Mocking Sessions’s accent, Trump added, 'This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.'"

This just simply reinforces what we've all known for years. Trump is a complete and utter fool that embarrasses this great Country on a daily basis.

At a National Security Council meeting on Jan. 19, Trump disregarded the significance of the massive U.S. military presence on the Korean Peninsula, including a special intelligence operation that allows the United States to detect a North Korean missile launch in seven seconds vs. 15 minutes from Alaska, according to Woodward. Trump questioned why the government was spending resources in the region at all.
“We’re doing this in order to prevent World War III,” Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told him. After one discussion about North Korea, Defense Secretary Jim "Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’ ”

Woodward depicts Trump’s anger and paranoia about the Russia inquiry as unrelenting, at times paralyzing the West Wing for entire days. Learning of the appointment of Mueller in May 2017, Trump groused, “Everybody’s trying to get me”— part of a venting period that shellshocked aides compared to Richard Nixon’s final days as president.

Woodward describes “an administrative coup d’etat” and a “nervous breakdown” of the executive branch, with senior aides conspiring to pluck official papers from the president’s desk so he couldn’t see or sign them.

Woodward recounts at length how Trump’s national security team was shaken by his lack of curiosity and knowledge about world affairs and his contempt for the mainstream perspectives of military and intelligence leaders.

None of that is really believable.

The best ones so far.

After Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad launched a chemical attack on civilians in April 2017, Trump called Mattis and said he wanted to assassinate the dictator. “Let’s ****ing kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the ****ing lot of them,” Trump said, according to Woodward.
Mattis told the president that he would get right on it. But after hanging up the phone, he told a senior aide: “We’re not going to do any of that. We’re going to be much more measured.”

Woodward book confirms the Tillerson comment. Context was US troops in South Korea.
Cohen: "What would you need in the region to sleep well at night?"
Trump: "I wouldn't need a f---ing thing, And I'd sleep like a baby." Trump leaves.
Tillerson: "He's a f---ing moron."

I don't think anybody knows what to believe anymore.
What I want to see if any of the quoted pieces are disavowed by the individuals in question. Bernstein already has the Lanny Davis / Cohen crap in his hands. So now Woodward is throwing his hat in the ring.

Starting to wonder if the current Woodward and Bernstein were in place during the 70’s if we would have even heard of Watergate.

Last edited:
BW with the pre-emptive strike against Trump claiming BW never tried to speak directly with him

Transcript: Phone call between President Trump and journalist Bob Woodward

Trump: But are you naming names? Or do you just say sources?

BW: Yeah, well, it names real incidents, so . ..

Trump: No, but do you name sources? I mean, are you naming the people, or just say, people have said?

BW: I say, at 2:00 on this day, the following happened, and everyone who’s there, including yourself, is quoted. And I’m sorry I didn’t get to ask you about these . ..

First idiot to acquire 10 billion in assets being reviewed by a "journalist" who needs money. I am amazed how many wars on so many fronts the President is forced to fight for no apparent reason other than personal dislike. What is the purpose of this unfounded attack? The more they attack the stronger he gets, really amazing.

Ivanka Trump and Bannon got into it

“You’re a damn staffer!” Bannon screamed at her, telling her that she had to work through Priebus like other aides. “You walk around this place and act like you’re in charge, and you’re not. You’re on staff!”

Ivanka Trump, who had special access to the president and worked around Priebus, replied: “I’m not a staffer! I’ll never be a staffer. I’m the first daughter.”

First idiot to acquire 10 billion in assets being reviewed by a "journalist" who needs money. I am amazed how many wars on so many fronts the President is forced to fight for no apparent reason other than personal dislike. What is the purpose of this unfounded attack? The more they attack the stronger he gets, really amazing.

Bob Woodward: The guys that has 12 of New York Time best-sellers and is on the way to 13. I doubt he needs money.

It is unbelievable.....but regrettably true.

A little more......

Many of the feuds and daily clashes have been well documented, but the picture painted by Trump's confidants, senior staff and Cabinet officials reveal that many of them see an even more alarming situation — worse than previously known or understood. Woodward offers a devastating portrait of a dysfunctional Trump White House, detailing how senior aides — both current and former Trump administration officials — grew exasperated with the President and increasingly worried about his erratic behavior, ignorance and penchant for lying.

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a ****ing liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

Bob Woodward: The guys that has 12 of New York Time best-sellers and is on the way to 13. I doubt he needs money.

Don't believe that best seller hogwash the publishing houses spit out. Everyone who writes a book is a best seller nowadays. In any case after all of that net worth 5 million. Most of that is in dwellings. 75 and still working due to young wife.

Nobody believes this, not even you. You're one of those people that thinks that if you post it, it must be true. Sorry bro, he's not even close to getting stronger, the ship is sinking.

Reactions: TennTom

You've got you're head in the sand. The author is an extremely methodical, well-respected, pulitzer prize winning write with decades of experience.

This is as legit as it gets, and no surprise to those of us who weren't seduced by the demagogue.

Reactions: NorCalVol67

Read the story. Trump has no ****ing clue what he's doing and his staff is protecting all of us from him.

Why in the world would people think these things, yet still work in the administration?

Reactions: theFallGuy
Why in the world would people think these things, yet still work in the administration?
I want to see any public rebuttals that come out after it’s published. If the people supposedly quoted are quiet that would be interesting. But if the come out and categorically deny the statements then either Wood produces tapes or confirming sources or he goes the way of Bernstein on credibility.

VN Store

Back