Bitcoin

Blockchain is here to stay.

Cryptocurrency is here to stay.

The question is whether Bitcoin will turn into an Amazon or a Pets.com. This is no different from the dotcom bubble. Do your own research and find a project you believe in.

The question is whether Bitcoin will turn into an Amazon or a Pets.com. This is no different from the dotcom bubble. Do your own research and find a project you believe in.

Agreed and if you ever wanted to invest in it, now may be the time when the market has corrected the price.

Blockchain is far different than bitcoin. I would invest in companies leveraging blockchain. I would not invest in bitcoin.

I hope you all kept buying BTC at bargain basement prices. Saw on the daily charts MACD crossover along with RSI breakthrough. If these prices hold above $7300, we'll see $8000 very soon, maybe by this time tomorrow.

XRP, EOS, TRX are all strong plays as well.

I hope you all kept buying BTC at bargain basement prices. Saw on the daily charts MACD crossover along with RSI breakthrough. If these prices hold above $7300, we'll see $8000 very soon, maybe by this time tomorrow.

XRP, EOS, TRX are all strong plays as well.

This Glenn Beck Webinar is about to cause some serious movement. IMO it’s always a good time to buy, but ESPECIALLY a good time to buy if you like to trade.

This Glenn Beck Webinar is about to cause some serious movement. IMO it’s always a good time to buy, but ESPECIALLY a good time to buy if you like to trade.

Take it FWIW, but Palm Beach Crypto is notorious as being a well known crypto pump and dump group. The insiders buy up tons of small cap coins traded on exchanges like Binance, then they send out word on the pump to their paid subscribers, and later to the public, who often times end up as heavy bag holders. Curious what coins will be shilled during the webinar.

Plus anyone who has read up on the crypto trading cycles, or just does a little bit of technical analysis on the charts, could see that a bull run and retrace was inevitable.

Take it FWIW, but Palm Beach Crypto is notorious as being a well known crypto pump and dump group. The insiders buy up tons of small cap coins traded on exchanges like Binance, then they send out word on the pump to their paid subscribers, and later to the public, who often times end up as heavy bag holders. Curious what coins will be shilled during the webinar.

Plus anyone who has read up on the crypto trading cycles, or just does a little bit of technical analysis on the charts, could see that a bull run and retrace was inevitable.

You can still take advantage of that even if true. So many on the webinar will get the recommendations and still be hours or days away from Being able to buy themselves since they will be mostly noobs. Great trading opportunity, but I expect they are likely to recommend just big coins on the free webinr. Ripple, Bitcoin, Eth, etc...

But as an FYI Palm Beach has earned me about $20k. They convinced me to buy Neo at $8 a year ago.

You can still take advantage of that even if true. So many on the webinar will get the recommendations and still be hours or days away from Being able to buy themselves since they will be mostly noobs. Great trading opportunity, but I expect they are likely to recommend just big coins on the free webinr. Ripple, Bitcoin, Eth, etc...

But as an FYI Palm Beach has earned me about $20k. They convinced me to buy Neo at $8 a year ago.

>That feel when you did not get in on Antshares when it was trading for pennies

Neo is still a solid play. I think we're in the ground floor when you have these different decentralized blockchains, and there are lots of projects I'm really interested in. I think that long term, this is the play investors in the crypto space need to look into. Smartcontracts and DAOs are other plays within the decentralized blockchain space that have the potential to take off in a big way. TRX, ADA, XLM, etc....All really interesting opportunities. ETC should have lots of fun trading opportunities as well, especially once it gets listed in Coinbase. If there's anything to the rumours that XLM will be listed there as well, you're going to see huge inflows of liquidity into Stellar Lumens, which should be good for the token price.

>That feel when you did not get in on Antshares when it was trading for pennies

Neo is still a solid play. I think we're in the ground floor when you have these different decentralized blockchains, and there are lots of projects I'm really interested in. I think that long term, this is the play investors in the crypto space need to look into. Smartcontracts and DAOs are other plays within the decentralized blockchain space that have the potential to take off in a big way. TRX, ADA, XLM, etc....All really interesting opportunities. ETC should have lots of fun trading opportunities as well, especially once it gets listed in Coinbase. If there's anything to the rumours that XLM will be listed there as well, you're going to see huge inflows of liquidity into Stellar Lumens, which should be good for the token price.

Not familiar with these, but assuming they are all alternative forms of blockchain-based money, I don't see how they can all survive. Really, only one should, because there is one internet. The reason we have multiple tangible currencies in the world is because the concept of money began when you had faith in the ruler to make good on it, and then you had fiat currencies tied to nation-states. But multiple currencies growing out of the same technology, available world-wide, its just a marketing gimmick as to which one earns enough credibility to have staying power.

Not familiar with these, but assuming they are all alternative forms of blockchain-based money, I don't see how they can all survive. Really, only one should, because there is one internet. The reason we have multiple tangible currencies in the world is because the concept of money began when you had faith in the ruler to make good on it, and then you had fiat currencies tied to nation-states. But multiple currencies growing out of the same technology, available world-wide, its just a marketing gimmick as to which one earns enough credibility to have staying power.

No offense, but it sounds like you don’t really understand it. It’s a simplification to say only one should survive comparing to fiat. They aren’t all based around being currencies like fiat.

It’s wrong to look at blockchain from the perspective of being money so much as being a technological breakthrough.

But as an investment market it is a bubble imo. It’s just like the .com bubble. It’s emerging technology and hype is being built on the potential, but we are roughly 10 - 15 years away from seeing the tech truly achieve that potential and change the world, same as with .com

Block chain will change the world the same way The internet did, we are just a long way from it happening.

But still plenty of money to be made. I’m living proof.

No offense, but it sounds like you don’t really understand it. It’s a simplification to say only one should survive comparing to fiat. They aren’t all based around being currencies like fiat.

It’s wrong to look at blockchain from the perspective of being money so much as being a technological breakthrough.

But as an investment market it is a bubble imo. It’s just like the .com bubble. It’s emerging technology and hype is being built on the potential, but we are roughly 10 - 15 years away from seeing the tech truly achieve that potential and change the world, same as with .com

Block chain will change the world the same way The internet did, we are just a long way from it happening.

But still plenty of money to be made. I’m living proof.

No offense taken as I admit my understanding is thin.

You indicate you have done well, but is that by increased inherent value in your investment, or trading in it based on speculation by others (in either direction)?

BOOM, and there goes today's BTC pop. Noticing that the other alts trading in a USDT pairing are now being brought up as well.

Easy money, it's like I called for a bullrun just a few posts ago =)

An important distinction to make is understanding the difference between what's the blockchain, what's the token, and what tokens exist that aim to serve as digital currency. These terms are oftentimes conflated and misused, which is why the lay public has an oftentimes distorted view of what cryptocurrency.

A blockchain is a digital, decentralized, and publicly verifiable ledger of all transactions that is continually growing overtime. I'd recommend reading the Satoshi Nakamoto White Paper on Bitcoin as a starting point to understand the fundamentals of cryptocurrency. Theoretically blockchains can be used to store any type of data which needs to be preserved and verified as authentic. This can be anything from real estate, to medical records, to cross-border financial transactions. The possibilities are literally endless, and this is why blockchain technology is commonly referred to as being in the same startup stage that the internet and world wide web was in the 1990s

The world wide web is a good example of a distributed network, where theoretically it's decentralized, as anyone on Earth can access the web, but it operates through a centralized model of client/server communication. VolNation exists on a centralized server that is constantly growing and changing with every new user and new message that's posted on this site.

Now if we had the VolNation blockchain, instead of utilizing a client/server model, the growth of the site would operate in a decentralized model. Instead of there being a master server and databse for VN, the VN blockchain would exists of a system of nodes where these nodes would "Mine" or process a series of complex cryptographic hashes (or "Blocks") to continue the growth of the site. As in the case of Bitcoin, anyone off the street who has a computer strong enough could in theory begin Mining transactions on the VN blockchain. As the site gets bigger and bigger, the size of the Blocks get larger and larger. It requires more energy and more computing power to process these hashes. This is where we're at with Bitcoin right now (and that's another more complex converastion). But in a nutshell, that's how blockchains operate in theory, and can be used for literally just about anything where digital transactions and information need to be verified.

Where we are at currently with blockchain technology, there are a number of limitations and problems when you look at the original Bitcoin blockchain. Namely the ability to scale and grow. In theory the Bitcoin block chain is fine for what it intends to be, a digital currency that exists in a decentralized model outside of the global international finance system that runs through centralized clearinghouses like central banks or payment authorization systems. Now what if I wanted to use a blockchain to store electronic health records? How about real estate deeds and titles? A system of free entertainment content? On demand videos like youtube? A network of longform web-based written content? Bitcoin's blockchain doesn't work for these kinds of projects because of the way it's constructed by design. Here's where Ehtereum comes in.

Like Bitcoin, Ethereum is a decentralized network where nodes process computational hashes to mine and verify transactions. Much like Bitcoin, Ethereum miners are rewarded with a token - in this case Ether (ETH). This is the incentive for miners to process transactions on the Ethereum blockchain. Now what's the major difference with Ethereum? Smart contracts.

Smart contracts exist as code on the Ethereum blockchain that can process literally any kind of transaction you can think of. Through smart contracts, you can develop a purpose specific blockchain for the development of whatever applications you can think of. Don't like YouTube's censorship? Go to D-Tube - blockchain powered videosharing. Don't like Medium's censorship? Go to SteemIt. These are just a couple of example of real world applications of Blockchain technology.

I hope this is helpful, and there is a ton of information out on the web, and Reddit is a great resource if you want to get into crypto.

Reactions: 1 person
No offense taken as I admit my understanding is thin.

You indicate you have done well, but is that by increased inherent value in your investment, or trading in it based on speculation by others (in either direction)?

My business partners and I all made passive investments last year based on recommendations from experts. We are a bit lucky and our line of work connects us with people that are involved in crypto.

It’s a passive high risk investment for us. Right now, even though btc is roughly 70% down from its high, our investment is still up 110%

If we sold at the high it would have been about 800% and that would have been like 5 months from the initial investment.

We are confident that things will get back to where they were at the high again his year. We will sell 50% of the shares at 6 figure profits and then hold the rest long term.

My best friend focused on trading during big climbs and profited about 40k with a 20k bankroll in about 3 months. Just taught himself how to do it.

My business partners and I all made passive investments last year based on recommendations from experts. We are a bit lucky and our line of work connects us with people that are involved in crypto.

It’s a passive high risk investment for us. Right now, even though btc is roughly 70% down from its high, our investment is still up 110%

If we sold at the high it would have been about 800% and that would have been like 5 months from the initial investment.

We are confident that things will get back to where they were at the high again his year. We will sell 50% of the shares at 6 figure profits and then hold the rest long term.

My best friend focused on trading during big climbs and profited about 40k with a 20k bankroll in about 3 months. Just taught himself how to do it.

Overwhelming majority of my investments are in traditional securities (stocks, commodities, 401k, and Roth IRA). I started with just about 5% in crypto, and now I have 10% of my investments in crypto. The bear market is just a giant buying opportunity. I'm not good enough to begin shorting the market on exchanges that will let you do that, that's way to risky for my blood. But with active management of your assets, it's easy to ride the retracement waves in crypto by going long when it's low, and cashing out and taking around 10% of profits when you're up. Volatility scares most traditional investors. I would never recommend Bitcoin or crypto to anyone who is risk averse. But volatility is very good if you're looking to trade.

Overwhelming majority of my investments are in traditional securities (stocks, commodities, 401k, and Roth IRA). I started with just about 5% in crypto, and now I have 10% of my investments in crypto. The bear market is just a giant buying opportunity. I'm not good enough to begin shorting the market on exchanges that will let you do that, that's way to risky for my blood. But with active management of your assets, it's easy to ride the retracement waves in crypto by going long when it's low, and cashing out and taking around 10% of profits when you're up. Volatility scares most traditional investors. I would never recommend Bitcoin or crypto to anyone who is risk averse. But volatility is very good if you're looking to trade.

Sounds like you are doing it right.

Per Reddit, turns out that Dash was the call from Palm Beach Crypto that they expect to rise 10x in value this year. I like Dash, but Monero is my favorite privacy coin.

giphy.gif

Decent resistance is at $8500. Pull back so far during the Asian trading session, and I suspect that we'll see today consolidation between the $8000-$8500 trading channel. I'l certainly buy this dip.

I think we'll smash past the $8500 resistance and move past $9000 shortly thereafter. I strongly suspect that the buy orders are within the $8500-$9000 range, which will squeeze the shorts in that channel, and find new trading between $9000-$10000.

With BTC testing 8500 multiple times and getting pushed back down, BTC is now trying to consolidate at the $7000 psychological level. Without any sustained volume, the price action is going to steadily head downward until it retraces to the $6500 level. If BTC can't hold at $6500. then it's going to test the $6000 support level, where throughout the year we've seen as a trigger for heavy buying action. If that support level is breached, then we're heading back down to $3000. A drop to $3000 I think would be a catalyst for a huge bull run, as the lower price point would be attractive for your institutional investors. In the meantime BNB and USD Tether are attractive hedges for bulls who want to consolidate their losses and increase their BTC holdings.

This is why I never buy on margin.

VN Store

Back