Best 1 loss team

I haven't seen Michigan play, but of the SEC teams Florida seems to be the one improving every week. If they beat GA and hold serve til Atlanta, they just might be in the playoffs! Oh my! Not good for TN recruiting at all.

Reactions: TrentVol
I haven't seen Michigan play, but of the SEC teams Florida seems to be the one improving every week. If they beat GA and hold serve til Atlanta, they just might be in the playoffs! Oh my! Not good for TN recruiting at all.

Pump the brakes on that playoff stuff...I’ll settle for a competitive game next week in Jacksonville and a win at Tallahassee. Anything more than that is gravy this season.

Now you can start talking about Ohio State compared to all these teams. I suppose, though, LSU would crush them.

OSU struggled to beat Penn St who struggled against Indiana, needed overtime to beat App St. and lost to Michigan St.

OSU is getting exposed.

Recruiting will be fine , even if Florida beats Jawwwjuh.

Love it when Vols start cheering Georgia just to feel like they have a leg up. How about you worry about not losing to UF 93% of the time? I really think UT can do it, just not with your current coach. Stop trying so hard to emulate Bama and go back to 90s Vols. SMH.

Also you realize that even McElwain beat Kirby's Georgia just two years ago? Let that sink in. Mullen will dial it in. Maybe this year or next year. Will see. But we sure have a much better chance going in against Georgia than UT does against Alabama this week.

What if we wanna be the 40s Vols, or 50s Vols

Dont know about that. Its bad enough that UGA is killing it in recruiting. If UF starts, then we are in trouble.

Mullen is not a good recruiter, even if UF goes to the playoffs by some miracle and have a lot of buzz, he does not seem to close well. Pruitt seems to be a better recruiter, but it is yet to be determined if he recruits like muschamp forgetting critical positions in the offense.

Pump the brakes on that playoff stuff...I’ll settle for a competitive game next week in Jacksonville and a win at Tallahassee. Anything more than that is gravy this season.

This. But we aren't scared of anyone. Also, Finebaum just fired us up by saying we have no chance against UGA. What a douche.

Of all the one loss teams nationally, I'd have to say LSU and UGA. And a tough pick to choose one over the other. But, if I had too, I'd give a slight nod to the LSU D.

Do UT and UF really find themselves at odds that often over recruits? I mean, sometimes, sure. But enough to think the outcome of the UF-UGA game is that big a factor?

VN Store

Back