Best 1 loss team

I know we beat LSU, but LSU has the most impressive record so far among 6-1 teams. They beat 3 ranked teams at the time they played them, and lost to us on the road in a very tough environment.

If we go to 2 loss teams, hands down Texas A&M. Their two losses are to Clemson and Alabama.

I know we beat LSU, but LSU has the most impressive record so far among 6-1 teams. They beat 3 ranked teams at the time they played them, and lost to us on the road in a very tough environment.

If we go to 2 loss teams, hands down Texas A&M. Their two losses are to Clemson and Alabama.
Agree. A&M is playing really good ball on both sides. Mond is a legit dual threat qb

I HATE Florida! I hate There cocky ass (pretends to know football) fan base, who are the lowest types of people I’ve yet to meet at Neyland. Just wanted to say that. Go Vols!

Yeah, I'm hesitant to say it's LSU for the simple fact that we beat 'em. I still fear we're a Franks meltdown away from going to the TaxSlayer Bowl instead of the Outback or Citrus.

But as far as 1-loss teams go, it's either LSU or Michigan...heck, it might be UGA. The logic you applied to LSU losing to us also applies to UGA losing at Death Valley.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to say it's LSU for the simple fact that we beat 'em. I still fear we're a Franks meltdown away from going to the TaxSlayer Bowl instead of the Outback or Citrus.

But as far as 1-loss teams go, it's either LSU or Michigan...heck, it might be UGA. The logic you applied to LSU losing to us also applies to UGA losing at Death Valley.

The way that Georgia lost to LSU is worse than the way LSU lost to us. We were trading blows the whole way. Georgia never lead in the game, and was 20 points behind at the end. I really never felt Georgia was in that game at any point. I also hate Georgia more than any other rival.

I HATE Florida! I hate There cocky ass (pretends to know football) fan base, who are the lowest types of people I’ve yet to meet at Neyland. Just wanted to say that. Go Vols!

It's ok. We don't hate the Vols as much. It's easy to hate people who beat you 13 our of the last 14 years even when they were just as bad most of those years.

It's ok. We don't hate the Vols as much. It's easy to hate people who beat you 13 our of the last 14 years even when they were just as bad most of those years.
Nothing to do with that. It’s just as a fan base you guys are complete tools who do tool stuff like hang out on there rivals message boards all day. Don’t worry about that record, Pruitt will own Mullen soon enough.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Don’t worry about that record, Pruitt will own Mullen soon enough.

Not worried at all. You can keep fantasizing about Pruitt beating Mullen one day all you want. In the real world though, where the rest of us live, Mullen is sitting on 6-1(4-1) , Pruitt is 3-3 (1-2). Head to head, Mullen is 1-0 against Pruitt. You can keep thinking about that all off season until they meet again next year in the swamp.

Not worried at all. You can keep fantasizing about Pruitt beating Mullen one day all you want. In the real world though, where the rest of us live, Mullen is sitting on 6-1(4-1) , Pruitt is 3-3 (1-2). Head to head, Mullen is 1-0 against Pruitt. You can keep thinking about that all off season until they meet again next year in the swamp.

Prepare to feel the wrath Skippy.

dawgs.jpg

Prepare to feel the wrath Skippy.

Love it when Vols start cheering Georgia just to feel like they have a leg up. How about you worry about not losing to UF 93% of the time? I really think UT can do it, just not with your current coach. Stop trying so hard to emulate Bama and go back to 90s Vols. SMH.

Also you realize that even McElwain beat Kirby's Georgia just two years ago? Let that sink in. Mullen will dial it in. Maybe this year or next year. Will see. But we sure have a much better chance going in against Georgia than UT does against Alabama this week.

Reactions: TrentVol
The way that Georgia lost to LSU is worse than the way LSU lost to us. We were trading blows the whole way. Georgia never lead in the game, and was 20 points behind at the end. I really never felt Georgia was in that game at any point. I also hate Georgia more than any other rival.

Both UGA and LSU lost road games in tough environments. That all is was saying.

I’m not ready to make the leap of faith suggesting LSU’s relatively easier win against UGA means anything leading up to the Cocktails party on a couple weeks.

Until UF proves otherwise, UGA still looks to be the better team.

Both UGA and LSU lost road games in tough environments. That all is was saying.

I’m not ready to make the leap of faith suggesting LSU’s relatively easier win against UGA means anything leading up to the Cocktails party on a couple weeks.

Until UF proves otherwise, UGA still looks to be the better team.

I never said UF is better than UGA. All I said was LSU looks better than UGA. I am not making that leap of faith either at all. If I had to rank LSU, UGA, and UF right now, all 6-1 teams, I'd put it as LSU > UGA > UF, unless proven otherwise in two weeks.

Reactions: TrueOrange
I'd say UGA and LSU are pretty even when it comes to best 1 loss team, although I'd give LSU to nod because of the head to head.

I'm not sold on Michigan at all. What I have seen of them this year, granted limited it is, I think they have issues at QB.

Florida is a solid team, but Franks is a weak link on that team. I give him credit for being tough and taking some hits, but sometimes he is wildly inaccurate.

Texas, I'm not convinced yet. I think they're heading in the right direction but just not there.

Oklahoma, no defense.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16 and tbh

VN Store

Back