Believe it or not, we actually went DOWN in rank after beating a ranked team.

I know people who get giddy over being ranked number 14 instead of number 16 in recruiting. Like that is a tangible thing!

Not surprised; the way the media was portraying the AU locker room as the most cancerous in the country all week leading up to the game, they were bound to short-change you in the accolades department, even though it was still a pretty good win on the road.

Mark me down as another one who doesn't care about rankings unless we're in the top 25 somewhere...and IDEALLY..the top 10.
I don't gamble, so anything about "success against the spread" doesn't have much meaning to me.
All that said...I was amused by the writers apparent sense of pride that his ranking system was accurate "54% of the time against the spread".
Wonder if he realizes that flipping a coin will get you 50%..????

Reactions: tbh
Although it is interesting, I can't get motivated to be upset until we're at least honorable mention in the real polls. With Vandy being ranked lower than Nebraska, I have to chuckle. Hell, I might even have to endorse the poll!

LOL 61 v 67,,, unless you are in the Top 25 noone with half a brain cell cares,,,,

Do you mean really really cares? Because you and I both "cared" enough to open and comment in the thread. I was interested, but I don't really care, like I care about paying my mortgage. So, what exactly did you mean JD13?

Those that really really really don't care and are not even the slightest interested, haven't even commented that they don't care.

LOL, I think JD does care but wants errybody to think he doesn't.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Anything beyond about the top 8-10 doesn't matter, but the team moved in the right direction on the field, where it ultimately will matter if they keep progressing. A great week, no bones about it.

Reactions: guido4198
A lot of outside opinions seem to matter to folks on these boards. I'm not one of those folks.

we devalued Auburn so badly, it worked against us to beat them.

How can you take any ranking system seriously that ranks a one loss Fresno St. and a one loss Appalachian St. over 6-1 Florida and 6-1 LSU?

I honestly don’t care about rankings anymore I just want to be the team that nobody wants to play when we come to their house and for damn sure they don’t want to have to come to Knoxville and play us . When we start being feared again the ranking will take care of itself ..

Reactions: tbones0711
I don't care what we are ranked this year, just keep giving us games that are thrilling to watch like what we saw at Auburn. Did anyone else not know how to act? I was telling a co-worker I felt like I should turn it off because it felt too good to be true. That team changed at the Barn before our eyes.
That's what I have been missing the most too. UT has been very exciting to watch even in those years when our record wasn't very impressive. Just playing in Neyland alone raised the excitement level. I think Pruitt and Co. will bring that back.

I honestly don’t care about rankings anymore I just want to be the team that nobody wants to play when we come to their house and for damn sure they don’t want to have to come to Knoxville and play us . When we start being feared again the ranking will take care of itself ..
Well spoken

Do you mean really really cares? Because you and I both "cared" enough to open and comment in the thread. I was interested, but I don't really care, like I care about paying my mortgage. So, what exactly did you mean JD13?

Those that really really really don't care and are not even the slightest interested, haven't even commented that they don't care.

LOL, I think JD does care but wants errybody to think he doesn't.

I have diagrammed all this out, Behr, to include paths for "don't care," "really don't care," "really really don't care," "care," "really care," "really really care," "sort of care," "sort of really care," "sort of don't care," "sort of really don't care," "interested, but don't really care," "not the slightest bit interested," "care like I care about paying my mortgage," and I threw in both "could care less," and "couldn't care less" for good measure.

I'm just wondering if I should include "really really really care" and "really really really don't care" before submitting my diagram for publication. What do you think?

Reactions: Behr
I have diagrammed all this out, Behr, to include paths for "don't care," "really don't care," "really really don't care," "care," "really care," "really really care," "sort of care," "sort of really care," "sort of don't care," "sort of really don't care," "interested, but don't really care," "not the slightest bit interested," "care like I care about paying my mortgage," and I threw in both "could care less," and "couldn't care less" for good measure.

I'm just wondering if I should include "really really really care" and "really really really don't care" before submitting my diagram for publication. What do you think?
I really don't care.

Who cares. Would have to upset Bama and then win the next two to even consider being ranked. Anything beyond the top 25 doesn't matter.
If we beat bama we are in the top 25 at 4-3. Not saying it’s likely that we beat them but if we do we will be ranked.

it says different on this website

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 11.16.41 AM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 11.16.41 AM - Edited.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 6

VN Store

Back