Basketball Tidbits.

How many more times do they test? All Williams/Goins has to do is stay clean for less than 2 months. If Williams/Goins can't do that they will go down as biggest embarrassment in the Pearl era. I think they will make it though.

Man, having dealt with similar circumstances myself, I'd be surprised if Goins or Williams failed a drug test. Of course, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt concerning their intelligence and decision-making.

So, I must ask how this information was attained.

If its like most major companies (or like say diana taurasi's was) They do two samples at once, if the A sample comes up they automatically test the B sample too.

Orginial posters info must be bad if he thinks its a Sr. Tatum is the failure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Mary J Juana aids to reduce negative effects of over 100 medical conditions. If our players do not use it......it could result in them having symptoms in over 100 illnesses. So, in retrospect, play ball (and by a winzonator)!

I highly doubt it's B. Williams, he hasn't been playing like he is stoned and he is not a starter. We cannot afford to lose M. Goins. Cameron Tatum is a Junior in terms of eligibility, http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/tenn-m-baskbl-mtt.html. A reasonable person would not believe the person who created this thread intended for us to think Tatum is a Sr. due to the hours he has in school, rather they would think his was a junior due to his remaining eligibility.

Not going to speculate who this is because the post is very vague and the poster should have included the players name. We currently have 2 senior starters, John Fields and Melvin Goins and from all indications John Fields is not a regular pot smoker, nor has ever failed a drug test. I've read in the past UT football players have failed up to 3 drug tests and usually after the third or fourth they are gone (suspended after the first or second).

I have no idea if Melvin is the culprit, but if he is not the culprit, the person that started this thread may want to retitle, delete, or provide more specific information because they are going to start a really bad rumor that could damage a student athletes reputation. Accusing the wrong person of breaking the law is a serious matter, although our athletic department tends to turn their cheek everytime it happens.

Also, KC Vol if you read this I agree with you regarding Hall. He should get at least 5 minutes at the end of the first half of every game so Williams and Fields stay out of foul trouble and Hall can adapt to the pace of the game. Problem is Hall needs to show he can play in big game situations. He came on and played well against LSU at the end, but he missed a wide open layup against Ole Miss is an important part of the game. He has to hit those shots to get the coaches confidence. He is the best low post scorer we have, which B. Williams admitted tonight in an interview. His D, rebounding and athleticism is outstanding and his post moves have improved. We gotta remember Hall was a top 30 recruit. I think his ankle injury really put him behind at the start of the season, but he looks fully recovered and ready to play. I think we will see more of him as the season progresses.

Last edited:
B Williams and Cam Tatum would be 1a and 1b for who failed the test. No secret these guys like to light it up from time to time.....

VN Store

Back