Barn TD at the end

Some people saw it differently. He had control after the initial bobble. Both feet on the ground. It’s a catch. Sorry. Just how I “see” and the refs agreed.
Probably true, but at the very least, it deserved a review. Important call in the game and all. Par for the course, but the game was not well officiated.

Was it just me but at the end of the game the referee said "put 53 seconds on the clock" and the clock showed up with 1:02 on it?? Also the clock stopped on one or two plays when it should have kept running?

I'm happy with the win but...... was that a catch? No review, no nothing. I dont think he had control of the ball, should have been a pick or at least reviewed. And I guess the Barn bought the holding get out of jail free card today.
Personally I didn’t think it was a catch, but what bothered me was they didn’t review it and the announcers didn’t even say anything... it was certainly close enough to warrant a little discussion.

After seeing it mutiple times, wasn’t a catch. Should of been an int. Glad it didn’t cost us.

Some people saw it differently. He had control after the initial bobble. Both feet on the ground. It’s a catch. Sorry. Just how I “see” and the refs agreed.
I think you're probably right, but still can't believe it didn't get reviewed with all that movement.

While everyone (including me) was already in shock and giddiness about the win - Pruitt was pretty unhappy about their last drive and mentioned it first thing in his comments coming off the field.

That's the attitude that has been missing in the program. You never want to give up points. Get a stop and get off the field.

If auburn doesn't drop that TD pass with about six minutes left, that would have been the game winner.

I’ve seen obvious catches be reviewed. This questionable catch should at least been looked at and I honestly don’t think he ever had any control of the ball.
I don't know what a catch is anymore at this point lol

I agree that he didn’t truly maintain possession and had the ball taken away. Should have been reviewed by the booth at least. If they’d reviewed it, they would have almost certainly gone with the call on the field bc it was so close. Very reminiscent of the Gafney “catch” in 2000. At least this missed call didn’t cost us the game.

I always try to look at plays without bias, and while I know it's not the popular view, I have always thought the Gafney catch was the right call. This one, however, I said from the moment it happened he never displayed control of the ball. I'm glad it didn't affect the outcome, but it should have been reviewed.

Haha.
And the refs never get it wrong?

See what you want. Doesn't change that he NEVER had control, two feet down or not.

What’s control? I argue he had control. With both feet down. That’s a catch. Change my mind 🙇🏻‍♂️

Heck he even tosses the ball behind him providing additional evidence he had control. The only reason it moves at all after he maintains control (and begins moving it away from the defender) with both feet on ground is because of the Tennessee player swiped at it and that is after the initial control itself (which warrants TD) - and then he immediately regained control after some movement (for a second time ).

Thus I would argue he has control in two places. Immediately after the catch and behind his back...then he he flips the ball away (further evidence he controlled it). 3 separate instances he shows control of the ball...that’s a far cry from “never”

Last edited:
Probably true, but at the very least, it deserved a review. Important call in the game and all. Par for the course, but the game was not well officiated.

Yeah I was sort of surprised it wasn’t “reviewed” but technically all scores are, they didn’t see anything worthy of doing a official review. I kind of agree.

Would have been a waste of time...

VN Store

Back