Barn TD at the end

Did not look like he ever had control to me. Should have at least been reviewed. A lot of things went in favor of the Barn at the end. The clock was operating in an Auburn manner for the last 2 minutes. The no catch TD was just the topping.

Looked like he never controlled it to me too. Plus it took like 14 plays and 1 hour and 15 minutes to play from 1:10 till 0:48. Or maybe I was a bit anxious.

I'm happy with the win but...... was that a catch? No review, no nothing. I dont think he had control of the ball, should have been a pick or at least reviewed. And I guess the Barn bought the holding get out of jail free card today.

It was an excellent catch, Auburn has some very good players, make no mistake, but the Vols went on the road and beat a talented team

We were in prevent that last drive. It was a pick.

I like the way we covered the on side kick. One guy to catch the ball the others for blocking for him. Great execution.

I did not see a need for a review, but I can not believe they did not review the long pass to Jordan Murphy; that is the one that looked like a possible catch, but no review.

Was it a catch? Yes.

In today’s modern craziness of determining whether something is a catch or not.....I believe under the strict letter of the law, it would have been ruled an interception.

But, the dude clearly caught the ball, IMO

Looked like he never controlled it to me too. Plus it took like 14 plays and 1 hour and 15 minutes to play from 1:10 till 0:48. Or maybe I was a bit anxious.

I could have sworn the official said reset the clock to 1:03, and they reset it to 1:12 after the targeting call. Is that true? If so that’s insane.

It’s debatable at the very least, so it should have been reviewed.

The clock shenanigans were definitely pissing me off though.

Not sure about the catch but what I want to know, was the clock being operated correctly? Admittedly I look thru Orange shaded glasses but it seemed suspect to me. One play the Auburn guy clearly didn't get out of bounds but clock stopped. Seemed like they gained 20 to 30 seconds on clock mgmt..
Is there someone official who is supposed to monitor this?

Reactions: jbeeman85
Was it a catch? Yes.

In today’s modern craziness of determining whether something is a catch or not.....I believe under the strict letter of the law, it would have been ruled an interception.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Yes it was a catch but by the rules that govern the game it was not.

Looked like a catch to me. Went up and snagged it and tossed it behind himself after he came down with it. Not sure why people are complaining about it.

Reactions: Aday25
Looked like a catch to me. Went up and snagged it and tossed it behind himself after he came down with it. Not sure why people are complaining about it.

He didn't toss it behind his back, Tennessee player swatted the ball as he came down with it, forcing it behind his back. Never had complete control in my opinion. Watching it live I thought TD for sure but after watching the replay it was a pick.

Reactions: rocytop2624
Was it a catch? Yes.

Yeah, Jabar had a catch too right? Gator opinions on catches don’t carry much weight around here.:p

The ball never stopped moving long enough to establish possession. Surprised that they didn't review it.

If the situation was reversed you all would be saying that was definitely a catch. It was a catch.

He never possessed the ball. Should have been an INT and Tennessee ball. But it was far from the only bad call the refs made.

Tennessee had to play better and they did and overcome the refs and they did all while be on the road in Auburn Alabama. Enough said!

tenor.gif

If the situation was reversed you all would be saying that was definitely a catch. It was a catch.
No...
It was called a TD.
We would be happy for that.

But it was an interception...and it wasn't that hard to see.

Reactions: vollygirl
The ball never stopped moving until it was intercepted, so I don't see how it could have been a catch.

VN Store

Back