Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family

I agree. But Barbara Bush always stuck out to me not sure why. And after Bush 41 left office she still kept it classy. She was never over exposed so when she had something to say generally it was worth listening to.
She seemed to be a very good person and a like grandmother for everyone.

Reactions: 2 people
Also turns out the nutjob professor that tweeted about BB posted the number of a suicide hotline portraying it as her contact number. Predictably the hotline was jammed up with people trying to call her (they are idiots too).

People suck.

Reactions: 1 person
Also turns out the nutjob professor that tweeted about BB posted the number of a suicide hotline portraying it as her contact number. Predictably the hotline was jammed up with people trying to call her (they are idiots too).

People suck.

Good grief, this bozo deserves the sht storm that's coming.

Good grief, this bozo deserves the sht storm that's coming.

$

She also boasted that because she is a tenured professor, she couldn’t be fired over her views. “I work as a tenured professor. I make 100K a year doing that. I will never be fired. I will always have people wanting to hear what I have to say,” she wrote on Twitter.

I'll save the argument against tenured profs for another thread.

Reactions: 2 people
RIP BB

Also, is it me or are liberals so much hateful than conservatives?

I mean, look at them, they're generally always angry at one thing or another. Not all, but there's a lot of misanthropes and the left.

And what's scary to me, is that one form of extremism spawns an opposite form of extremism in reaction. This country has become so polarized.

Fresno needs to find a way to revoke....then she truly will be speaking as a private citizen....

RIP BB

Also, is it me or are liberals so much hateful than conservatives?

I mean, look at them, they're generally always angry at one thing or another. Not all, but there's a lot of misanthropes and the left.

And what's scary to me, is that one form of extremism spawns an opposite form of extremism in reaction. This country has become so polarized.

One thing I have noticed is that over the last decade or so, the left appears to have become the more intolerant side of the political spectrum. Before that, it was the right for a long time.

It simply isn't good enough if you "don't have a problem" that Michael Sam was the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL. You aren't allowed to not care about his sexuality; you do have to care about it, you have to think that it is one of the greatest moments in the history of mankind, and bow at the altar of it. If you don't, not only are you wrong in their eyes, you but also a despicable person.

Making fun of anyone who died is a POS

I make fun of those who've passed. Is it in bad taste, yes. Am I a POS, undoubtedly. However, it is generally decent to wait a while before lulzing.

The hideous-beast-tenured professor lacks any self awareness or decency.

Last edited:
Imagine if it was a conservative professor (if there is such a thing) spewing hatred about Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama's passing? They would be out of a job tomorrow.

Imagine if it was a conservative professor (if there is such a thing) spewing hatred about Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama's passing? They would be out of a job tomorrow.

Not quite the same thing; a better analogy would be a conservative professor saying something like that about the death of Rosalynn Carter rather than a more contemporary, relevant figure like Hillary or Michelle. But your point is still valid.

I dont find the 20-30 conservative professors in American Colleges nationwide to be very vocal.

Reactions: 3 people
More Class from the left......

I never said a cross word about Barbara Bush, just that I hoped she was in the frame of mind to make her own decision about the end of her life.

You all call me classless and whatever for pointing out an obvious difference. If this was Michelle or Hillary, there would be a parade on VolNation. I at least have the class to respect a woman from the other side of the aisle.

VN Store

Back