Bama @ Ole Miss

The Bama dynasty has made college football a whole lot less fun. It sucks

Folks around here were always complaining about Bama's ground and pound attack that would choke the life out of most opponents. Boring, I believe it was often labeled.

It's getting serious this Saturday. I want to see Tua get some serious reps and see what we can do with a pretty good opponent. Our defense and especially our new DBs look salty and seem ahead of schedule.

Folks around here were always complaining about Bama's ground and pound attack that would choke the life out of most opponents. Boring, I believe it was often labeled.

It's getting serious this Saturday. I want to see Tua get some serious reps and see what we can do with a pretty good opponent. Our defense and especially our new DBs look salty and seem ahead of schedule.

Lol, who was complaining about Bama’s Ground game being boring?

Complaints centered around Bama making it to the playoffs without winning their division, lack of holding calls on them, SEC office in Birmingham, and carte blanch approval to do whatever they want in recruiting.

And you can go pound sand if you disagree.

Lol, who was complaining about Bama’s Ground game being boring?

Complaints centered around Bama making it to the playoffs without winning their division, lack of holding calls on them, SEC office in Birmingham, and carte blanch approval to do whatever they want in recruiting.

And you can go pound sand if you disagree.

I hope for bamas descend to mediocrity as much as the next guy but did they not prove they were one of the 4 best teams last year even without sec champ? Blew out Clemson. Every fan from every team always blames the refs lol. Bama is always blaming the barn refs. Blaming refs is just ludicrous. Rarely do they determine a game but there's always fans from every team placing the blame on them every week. Prove they cheat in recruiting. I guarantee every team cheats but can't prove it. Bama is the top dog and has been for a long time and it's a pipeline to the NFL so it's understandable they get high recruits. Kids want to win championships and go to the NFL so it's almost a no brainier. Georgia is the one lately that makes me raise a brow. Especially after passing that stupid law

Every team cheats, I get it. To go on runs like this it’s a necessity. Miami, USC, Nebraska....all the great dynasty’s of the last 30 years show after the fact cheating was going on. It death and taxes.

I never said the refs were why they win, just that it is a problem. And I’m sorry, not only did Bama not win their conference, they didn’t win their division, or even state. Who’s to say any number of one or two loss teams couldn’t have won the playoffs. My argument isn’t that they weren’t one of the four best teams, my argument is they didn’t win the games necessary. They got the benefit of the doubt because they are Bama and that got them the opportunity to win it all. And the recruiting argument is crap. If it were all about a pipeline to the NFL and championships then how did Ole Miss get all those recruits? I’ll let you in on a secret, they were cheating. UGA hasn’t won a championship in 40 years, how are they getting recruits? I’ll let you in on a secret, they are cheating. Everybody cheats, Bama just doesn’t have to worry as much about getting caught as the rest of us. The NFL and championship argument in recruiting is a lazy one. Bama was pulling in number 1 classes before they were winning championships and sending insane numbers to the league.

It is what it is, an unfair game. Look back at the late 90’s and early 00’s. Bama was on probabtion and was forced to do no more than other teams, and guess what, they were mortal. Saban is a great coach and a top notch recruiter. He’s good for a couple NCs anywhere he goes, but no way he has a run like this one at any other school.

Call it a meltdown or whining or whatever, but that is the current state of affairs.

This is a pretty good run down:

OT- Past Articles on Alabama cheating allegations

It’s dirty. I dislike the NCAA as much as the next guy and I think there is at least an argument to compensate these players more than with a scholarship. However if these rules are in place then all schools need to be held to the same standard, no matter who the coach is. It just isn’t consistent right now.

Last edited:
And I’m sorry, not only did Bama not win their conference, they didn’t win their division or even state. Who’s to say any number of one or two loss teams couldn’t have won the playoffs. My argument isn’t that they weren’t one of the four best teams, my argument is they didn’t win the games necessary. They got the benefit of the doubt because they are Bama and that got them the opportunity to win it all.

Here comes the lazy man's rebuttal once again. It's also true that the playoff committee never made the CCG mandatory for getting into the playoff in the first place. Wasn't Ohio State the first power 5 team to make the playoffs without going to their CCG in 2016? How was Ohio State going to moan and groan over Bama being picked over them in the playoffs this year when they just accomplished the very same thing? In short: It's been proven twice that the CCG is not mandatory. Just like the playoff committee shows us and tells us every year.

Bama also got the "benefit of the doubt" because football people had them as the #1 team in the polls through the regular season. Bama played every opponent on their schedule with that #1 bullseye on their back and won them all except #12 at Jordan Hare.

The playoff committee ranked Georgia over Alabama the first week and AP kept Bama #1. Kirby Smart was telling everyone who would listen, Bama was # 1. He wanted no part of that bullseye when he went to the Plains. Turns out he was right to worry how his team would handle that #1 pressure. He and his team failed miserably on the national stage. What Bama carried all year the dawgs couldn't carry a week.

Football people, without a dog in the fight, easily get all this and they don't forget what got each team where they were. Including Ohio State.

Scary thing is, Alabama may be better than last year.
This is probably the best offense Saban has had at Alabama since he has been there. The defense is not, but obviously it is still very good.

It's amazing it has taken Saban this long to get a upper-tier QB. It's even more amazing that the fact he's never had one (until now) has never really mattered. He's won 5 titles at Alabama without one. When you look at how QB-centric most offenses are and how non-Alabama national title winners (Clemson, Ohio St, Florida St, Auburn, Florida etc.) almost always have some kind of really dynamic QB that unquestionably is a huge part of them winning, that is stunning.

VN Store

Back