Back to the Future (99Gator's prediction thread)

Thanks for the post, lizard. I agree UF wins. Mullen is the veteran coach here, and it's Pruitt's first rodeo in the SEC. First seasons are usually pretty ugly. UF by multiple touchdowns.
Pruitt has a secret weapon, and if you was a fan you would know who I mean.

Reactions: Behr
Agree on JG, but Florida's defense is much more physical than Kongbo and UT by a fair margin, unfortunately
Frank's has the stronger arm and edge in experience, but may be more mistake prone

Agree with this for the most part, which is why I think neither team has a clear advantage at QB and called it even. Franks may give you a bigger play, but may also give you a pick or two. JG may not throw a pick, but he also maybe doesn’t connect on the big play as much.

Agree. Nothing would surprise me in this game. I could see a blowout either way. I could also see either team winning a close game like last year. Both teams have new coaches, fragile psyches, and both teams have some serious deficiencies. Most of the nation won’t care about this game but it’ll be interesting for the fan bases for sure.
Some seniors to sophomore's have beat Florida.

Thanks for the post, lizard. I agree UF wins. Mullen is the veteran coach here, and it's Pruitt's first rodeo in the SEC. First seasons are usually pretty ugly. UF by multiple touchdowns.
Trader. And the comment, well makes me think either your not a true fan or you never played football or you can't see improvement.

Reactions: Behr
Remember the good ole days during Florida week? All the gator noobs joining that week and talking smack all week long.
Yea, I member. They still join and talk chit, just not during Florida week and they use Vols usernames. Its pretty easy to spot'em.

Both teams have a bunch of issues and little real talent due to terrible recruiting and development by former coaches. This game could be ugly, maybe a 16-13 type score one way or another.

Agree with this for the most part, which is why I think neither team has a clear advantage at QB and called it even. Franks may give you a bigger play, but may also give you a pick or two. JG may not throw a pick, but he also maybe doesn’t connect on the big play as much.

JG has 3 passes 50+ yards this year already, Franks has zero

Reactions: bmaultbay
JG has 3 passes 50+ yards this year already, Franks has zero

Cool.

Franks averages more yards per completion.

Franks had a walk-off 67-yard TD pass to end a certain game last year. But I’m sure the great JG has already done something to top that, I just don’t know about it.

Jaws is a used car salesman. He has been trying to sell Franks all week.

I’m selling that Franks is improved but still just an average dude at this point, and that UT’s QB is about in the same boat (improving but average).

I’m selling that Franks is improved but still just an average dude at this point, and that UT’s QB is about in the same boat (improving but average).

How is a guy that is completing 72% of his passes average?

Reactions: Remy
How is a guy that is completing 72% of his passes average?

Oh I don’t know, maybe because he’s 3-7 as a starter? And maybe because he presided over a blowout loss to West Virginia? Maybe because he isn’t finding the end zone with TD passes with any sort of regularity?

Maybe I should qualify my “he’s average”’opinion by saying he’s average at actually throwing TD passes, he’s average at running the ball, and he’s well below average at winning games.

But he’s spectacular at completing the 5-yard out routes for a high completion %.

Oh I don’t know, maybe because he’s 3-7 as a starter? And maybe because he presided over a blowout loss to West Virginia? Maybe because he isn’t finding the end zone with TD passes with any sort of regularity?

Maybe I should qualify my “he’s average”’opinion by saying he’s average at actually throwing TD passes, he’s average at running the ball, and he’s well below average at winning games.

But he’s spectacular at completing the 5-yard out routes for a high completion %.

Didn't Franks preside over a loss to Kentucky, which ended a rather long-standing history of not losing to Kentucky? Or was that another Florida QB?

Reactions: solivols
Didn't Franks preside over a loss to Kentucky, which ended a rather long-standing history of not losing to Kentucky? Or was that another Florida QB?

Yes! And as I’ve said over and over again, Franks ain’t exactly Rex Grossman or Chris Leak. I called the QB’s in this game even, which is what set all this off. Both QB’s leave a lot to be desired. This discussion got moving with several posters insisting that JG was clearly the better QB. When I pointed out that stats don’t really back that up, this thing took off. I think the QB’s are a push, apparently many here think JG is Heath Shuler all over agin. Got it.

Il
Yes! And as I’ve said over and over again, Franks ain’t exactly Rex Grossman or Chris Leak. I called the QB’s in this game even, which is what set all this off. Both QB’s leave a lot to be desired. This discussion got moving with several posters insisting that JG was clearly the better QB. When I pointed out that stats don’t really back that up, this thing took off. I think the QB’s are a push, apparently many here think JG is Heath Shuler all over agin. Got it.

I think an argument can be made that they are a push for sure. However, my orange bias leads me to think JG manages the game better than Franks, which may be exactly what is needed in a game where the turnover battle could absolutely be the difference maker between two evenly matched teams.

It seemed from your statements that you were implying Franks is hands-down a winner. Perhaps, i misread.

Reactions: Jaws

Lol

Both QB’s leave a lot to be desired. This discussion got moving with several posters insisting that JG was clearly the better QB.

I'll give you this, but not not much else. I'd say your D-Line will give you a slight edge, but if UT gets the run game going, it will be a long day for the Gator's.

With what I've seen from Frank's this year, you better hope he don't get you beat, because he throws a bunch of balls in the dirt when he gets "looked at mad" by the MLB, much less anything like pressure. (He throws off his back foot more than Dormandy did last year.) KY pressured him all game long, just as WVU did to JG.

At this point I would take JG over Franks, and "frankly" :rolleyes: I'm glad UT does not have Franks. This could be the last game that UT has the edge in QB in an SEC game for the rest of the year. IMO.

24-20 UT.

VN Store

Back