Back from Afghanistan

Got back in the States a couple of days ago. Deployment got cut short by 3 months because of SFAB. Everyone came home in one piece and we only took contact with the Taliban a few times. Besides that, it went well and was better than I expected.
Thanks for your service Carlos.

Got back in the States a couple of days ago. Deployment got cut short by 3 months because of SFAB. Everyone came home in one piece and we only took contact with the Taliban a few times. Besides that, it went well and was better than I expected.
Just found this Carlos.
I'm so glad you made it back safely. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who serve. You sacrifice a great deal to be called just a service member. Y'all are all heroes in my book. Thank you.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
NANGARHAR, Afghanistan — Parliamentary elections in Afghanistan are just days away, and the Taliban and ISIS fighters, countered by Afghan and U.S. troops, are doing all they can to disrupt voters.

Nangarhar in Eastern Afghanistan was the deadliest province for Americans in 2017. Of the 11 American troops killed in Afghanistan last year, more than half died here. Not only is it Taliban territory, but it's also an ISIS stronghold. The terror group has launched at least 17 attacks this year, killing hundreds of people.

U.S., Afghan forces troops battle Taliban, ISIS ahead of elections

NANGARHAR, Afghanistan — Parliamentary elections in Afghanistan are just days away, and the Taliban and ISIS fighters, countered by Afghan and U.S. troops, are doing all they can to disrupt voters.

Nangarhar in Eastern Afghanistan was the deadliest province for Americans in 2017. Of the 11 American troops killed in Afghanistan last year, more than half died here. Not only is it Taliban territory, but it's also an ISIS stronghold. The terror group has launched at least 17 attacks this year, killing hundreds of people.

U.S., Afghan forces troops battle Taliban, ISIS ahead of elections

I sure hope that any talk of speaking with or negotiating with these animals that was talked about recently has gone out the window. Didn't click the article, but, hearing about the schools/ young girls and teaching and the treatment that these MF'ers want to hand out is beyond comprehension. I immediately think of the opening scene in the movie 12 strong. We can't kill them quick enough, they are nothing more than rabid infected creatures.

So if anyone is wondering about all the sudden the Taliban is getting an upper hand it because in 2017 and 2018 we decided to cede control of the countryside and tribal areas to the Taliban in favor of controlling the large areas of population. Well, that gave the Taliban safe havens, place to plan operations and mass there forces. That is one reason why we were caught off guard when they attacked Ghazni. The Taliban goal is to destabilize the government to the point that Afghans lose all faith. Today's attack to it a step farther as it seems they tried to take out not only one of the Afghan commanders and governors but also take out the USFOR-A commander. I hope that they can hold up until the elections are held. But at some point, Afghan and NATO forces are going to have to go back into the countryside and smoke the Taliban out. It feels like it's us and not the Taliban running out the clock.

Here is the best-written account of the battle of Ghazni and why it happened that I have read.
Exclusive: Inside the U.S. Fight to Save Ghazni From the Taliban

VN Store

Back