Auburn boards

If AU gets rid of Gus, they are idiots. Who is the world are they going to get that is better? Auburn isn't exactly a travel destination of coaches around the country.
I hope they do fire him.....and stink up the SEC like nobody's business.
I’m not sure that coaches look at jobs as travel destinations. More like Money and facilities. I’ve never been to Auburn but I’m sure their campus is nice and in a nice area. They are on the road traveling anyways for recruiting all over the country so I bet a remote area is nice to come back home to for privacy. I could se your point if it snowed all the time or something. If this was true why is Saban at Bama instead of Hawaii? But yes I hope they keep him, it’s beginning to sound like the end of Miles tenure at LSU.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I’m not sure that coaches look at jobs as travel destinations. More like Money and facilities. I’ve never been to Auburn but I’m sure their campus is nice and in a nice area. They are on the road traveling anyways for recruiting all over the country so I bet a remote area is nice to come back home to for privacy. I could se your point if it snowed all the time or something. If this was true why is Saban at Bama instead of Hawaii? But yes I hope they keep him, it’s beginning to sound like the end of Miles tenure at LSU.

Really? I'm not talking about the beauty of a travel destination. I'm talking a place that coaches are dying to coach . Dye, Tubberville, T. Bowden, and Gene were not exactly established guys.

They could hire Schiano. After all, their fans were saying we should be happy to have him, right? ;)

You know its bad when OSU didnt even put him as interim hc while urban was suspended......but but he was a class act according to OSU....

but nough bout that! VOLS win baby!!!!

Reactions: KoachKrab127
Browsed one of theirs and a Husker one....sounded just like us...till TODAY!!!!
Seriously, sounded so familiar it was eerie.
Been on the Huskers boards a few times but never Auburn's. Huge buyout and they don't know what to do. Huskers don't have much choice. I hope Jeremy makes a move to flip O.Pappoe 'cause he might be ripe for the pickings any day now.

In a tailspin with a QB everyone hates and a lame duck coach they can't afford to fire. They'll win maybe 5 games this season. Gus has totally lost the locker room
Someone help me out on this because I honestly don't understand. Why is his buyout so astronomically high to begin with? Did he just sign an extension recently? I read it's 32 million. Good Lord.

Been on the Huskers boards a few times but never Auburn's. Huge buyout and they don't know what to do. Huskers don't have much choice. I hope Jeremy makes a move to flip O.Pappoe 'cause he might be ripe for the pickings any day now.
I honestly was not expecting the Huskers to tank this badly under Frost. I thought he was one of the few move ups who was really going to do something but wow.... 0-6. You know that fan base isn't happy.

Kirk herbstreit said neb would make a bowl game.......not. They still have to play mich state,ohio state and Iowa. This year will be ugly for frost.
That's what he gets for flippin Martinez and getting Greg Bell who would have come to UT. 3-4 good players have left Neb. already and saved their year of eligibility due to the new rules. Pruitt hasn't lost any other than T.Coleman. Seems as though players instinctively know that Pruitt will develop them and put out for him.

Someone help me out on this because I honestly don't understand. Why is his buyout so astronomically high to begin with? Did he just sign an extension recently? I read it's 32 million. Good Lord.
End of last season. Has a clause that 1/2 is due in 30 days, lol nice job Sexton

End of last season. Has a clause that 1/2 is due in 30 days, lol nice job Sexton
Thanks friend. Ya that seems like a craptastic idea on Jay Jacobs part,right before he left no less and considering Auburn has been going the way of Richt for a long long time now. The worst thing their school and fans can do now is give Malzahn even more hell because if he just stops caring altogether it's going to get soooooo much worse.

Really? I'm not talking about the beauty of a travel destination. I'm talking a place that coaches are dying to coach . Dye, Tubberville, T. Bowden, and Gene were not exactly established guys.
Lane would take it today.

I’m not trying to argue just saying I don’t think they would have a problem getting a quality coach.

You know its bad when OSU didnt even put him as interim hc while urban was suspended......but but he was a class act according to OSU....

but nough bout that! VOLS win baby!!!!
I roamed 11warrior or whatever it was called a lot when the Meyer fiasco started. They write that off as the other guy needed some HC experience; truly an alternative reality they live in. Of course during the Schiano cluster they went all in on "Urban thoroughly vetted Schiano". In retrospect it's funny than scripted comedy considering he basically had to admit to having memory issues and the school's own investigative team said they believed he was deceptive in the process to keep his job.

Anybody that tries to blow up a victory formation can go suck an exhaust pipe. Plus his record was barely middle of the pack, iirc. I didn't even know about the other stuff till after I was livid about Haslam/Curry's cloak and dagger stuff with him.

I don't want to restart old pointless discussions , but honestly, Kiffin was just a USC guy at that time. His vision of following in Pete Carroll's footsteps overpowered his judgement and he jumped at it. He was young for a head coach ; probably too young , and did what he thought he needed to do . I doubt it leveled our team to the extent that it did our fanbase. Yeh they were a bit stunned and left wandering , but adapting to change is the nature of sports . Sending the dude death threats and burning sh** over a coach that got canned from his previous job kind of shows our idiocy. It was our university's job to find a suitable replacement and for whatever reasons, they failed. Fast forward nearly 10 years later , Kiffin has shown his knowledge and skill as a coordinator and seems to have his team in good shape. So it's safe to say , while he still has a knack for social media silliness, he has matured for the most part and would be a good coach at any level withing the CFB ranks . The point of this long ramble is , people need to get over the butthurt Kiffin left. I'm glad we ended up where we are compared to where we could have gone, but I'd still take Kiffin in a hearbeat over most of the coaches we were considering.

I agree. I ain't mad at Kiffin. If Kiffin lands at a school that has the resources, he will be a force. If something happened to Pruitt, I'd want Kiffin.

Reactions: MaTaLa
How in the world does a University get themselves indebted to the tune of $32M to buy out a coach? Universities have lost their minds with the coaching sweepstakes mentality
They have a new president who knew nothing about football, much less SEC football. UT grad Jimmy Sexton definitely snuck one by their president. Buyout has to be paid within 90 days of termination.

Reactions: Vol737
His team is pretty good right now. I agree he needs an experienced dc to hold it all together. I think he’s matured.
I agree, I think he's a good coach and starting over as oc, then hc at FAU I think it humbled him a bit. If he does come back to the sec go to one of the west teams, we'll only play him every 5 years

This and the thread ought to be erased. Our **** stinks bad, we should keep our collective mouths shut.
Battered Vol Syndrome is a hellva drug.

This is a "fan" forum. Don't want/need or gonna have any sackcloth and ashes up in the house after breaking that streak.

This should help with recruiting if we can win some more games. Might secure Wanya and pull in a few others. Barn has been recruiting Wanya hard and he has HS teammates committed to them.

VN Store

Back