Atlanta Braves Thread (I HURT MYSELF TODAY TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will still shed real tears for every Kyle Lewis mash job but am cautiously optimistic about that draft.

True. But in baseball I am all about BPA. They seem to have truly thought Anderson was BPA. I was more frustrated taking all high school pitchers with our first three picks.

Starting to think Snitker is not a good manager.

I think everybody was too quick to declare him a good manager based on last year's interim performance.

We really shouldn't expect much different. The sabermetrics guys think that the most impact a manager can have is a couple games per year, going either way. The best managers in the game give their clubs a couple of extra wins per year over a "replacement manager." Basically the same as a marginal player with a WAR of 1 or 2. Compare this with football, where I'd argue that a coach like Saban gives Alabama 3 or 4 wins per year over what a replacement coach would, and they only play 15 games total (if you go all the way to the title game).

Last edited:
Definitely doesn't look like the prototypical #2, but he slashed roughly .300/.350/.500 last year hitting second.

He's up there to swing the bat, that's for certain. Dansby was probably being too selective, and then had some bad luck too.

Brian Jordan just made one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot coming from him.

What did he say? Because Joe was talking about potentially the Giants might want to void MadBum's contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back