Anyone play guitar?

Seems hard to play and sing at the same time

I think the key is, as soon as you can play a song, start trying to sing at the same time. That worked for me on guitar without much difficulty. Now I'm going back and trying to learn to sing and play bass at the same time (by best instrument) and it's taking some work, especially on parts of songs where the rhythm of the vocal part and the bass line don't match up. I also like to improvise a good amount on the bass, which is making it more tricky to put together.

Picked up a Fender Mustang I amp last night. A music school near me is gong out of business and I got it with a cable for $75.00. Played on it last night. So much fun

I think the key is, as soon as you can play a song, start trying to sing at the same time. That worked for me on guitar without much difficulty. Now I'm going back and trying to learn to sing and play bass at the same time (by best instrument) and it's taking some work, especially on parts of songs where the rhythm of the vocal part and the bass line don't match up. I also like to improvise a good amount on the bass, which is making it more tricky to put together.
playing bass and singing is tougher than plating guitar and singing.

Reactions: 1 person
This is my newest guitar. I've wanted a '72 deluxe Tele reissue since they started making them. Love this guitar! Even though it has humbuckers it still has that Tele twang to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
From what I read about them, they did. They also have the 'belly' contour cut on the back.

Nice guitar.

I got an e-mail today from either Guitar Center or Musician's Friend promoting a P-J Bass. Precision body with a thin Jazz neck and J pickups. It's tempting.

Thread is making me want to start playing again

Come on over. We'll drink some homemade wine (23%) and write a song about p****, beer, crying, and jail or, p****, liqour, killing and satan, depending on what genre the wine dictates.:)

Come on over. We'll drink some homemade wine (23%) and write a song about p****, beer, crying, and jail or, p****, liqour, killing and satan, depending on what genre the wine dictates.:)
Its been awhile man. Drugs killed something when it comes to playing music, seems like

Picked up a 'new' amp yesterday. It's an older Fender all tube red knob super 112. Sounds amazing. It's heavy as s*** though. I paid 275 for it. I almost felt bad, while it's an old amp with a few cosmetic flaws, it's worth more than that. First tube amp I've owned as I usually just played a buddies while gigging. It blows my old amp out of the water. Call me a Fender fan boy if you want but, imo, nobody makes a better amp than Fender.

Oranges are great. Specially for metal. Nobody buys a fender for heavy music but their cleans can't be beat. I'll probably pick either a Marshall or Orange amp to pair with it for stereo effects.

Wish I had the $$$$!

VN Store

Back