Any word on JG?

That's fine. IIRC we disagreed on the flute guy. So it happens.

Chryst will more than likely find more mins the last 5 games. I dont see where JG can manage many more hits like the ones hes been taken.

If South Carolina was any sign, I doubt KC sees the field outside of garbage time for the rest of the season, or if we are up big against Charlotte. Other than that I don't expect him in another game outside of maybe Vandy!

Reactions: lexkyvol
If South Carolina was any sign, I doubt KC sees the field outside of garbage time for the rest of the season, or if we are up big against Charlotte. Other than that I don't expect him in another game outside of maybe Vandy!
cause JG is simply better. folks just dont want to admit he's a good qb and def good enough to win games!

JG will be on a short leash this week. He misses a couple or blitz reads this week, KC goes in...and never looks back.

Your are so off! Pruitt doesn't believe that KC deserves to play. For whatever reason, KC only played when JG was hurt and garbage time. Pruitt/Helton know best, they see him everyday in practice, I believe that Pruitt/Helton Know who the best QB is on the team and it isn't KC!

Last edited:

My point didnt have anything to do with Chryst taking the job from JG. But rather JG having to sit again at some point.

The SC game didnt make me feel any better about that.

I'm not sure where that confusion come from.

Last edited:
I prefer JG as well. However I still want to see KC start and finish a complete game. What if we are dealing with a sitiation like Worley and Dobbs? Where the better QB is not playing? Not saying we are, but we really dont know.

JG is playing at a high level despite the issues with our OLine. 4th highest QB rating in the SEC behind only Tua, Fromm and Ta’umu. Pruitt said JG’s play was “excellent” on 65 of the 73 offensive plays we ran on Saturday....and I’ll add despite getting mauled almost every time he threw the ball, including on the quick hitting first TD pass on the goal line to Wolf.

Then throw in that evidently, Chryst has been erratic throughout all of fall camp and into the season during practice. Pruitt and Helton clearly, obviously believe JG is the better qb and gives us the best chance to win, and nothing that Chryst has done to date in a game would dispute that, including the 2 of 7 successful drives he had vs Bama when it was 28-0 and Bama had clearly taken their foot off the gas.

All this talk about JG having mobility is laughable. He's not Dobbs nor is he any more mobile than KC. Besides the best QB's are statues in the pocket. Chyrst is a threat in the passing game and doesn't hold onto the ball for 5 mins like JG. These next 5 games are paramount to Pruitt's rebuilding job for momentum and recruiting. If UT wins out no one will remember the losses but instead the win streak Tenn finished with to end the season. JG is not guaranteed the keys to the job next year. So it's irrelevant to suggest letting him build confidence to carry through this season for next year. It's classic UT fans saying "wait till next year". If JG starts Saturday I predict he will have a short leash. We need to show something on the field these next 5 games and IMO Chyrst gives us the best chance to win out. Again if Tenn wins out recruits will take notice. Just remember we can't see or predict the future. So live in the moment.

Great post like I said before, we will find out alot about Pruitt in the next 4 games..If JG and Pruitt so great then they should win out..This O line not bad as what it seem..JG alot of times make the O line look bad..As a QB u should see the blitz coming make and the changes at the line..

Great post like I said before, we will find out alot about Pruitt in the next 4 games..If JG and Pruitt so great then they should win out..This O line not bad as what it seem..JG alot of times make the O line look bad..As a QB u should see the blitz coming make and the changes at the line..
so it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the DEFENSE?

smh......the hate is real!

Your are so off! Pruitt doesn't believe that KC deserves to play. For whatever reason, KC only played when JG was hurt and garbage time. Pruitt/Helton know best, they see him everyday in practice, I believe that Pruitt/Helton Know who the best QB is on the team and it isn't KC!

...and apparently KC wasn't promised anything when he came here...he's still here...;)

GO VOLS!

JG is playing at a high level despite the issues with our OLine. 4th highest QB rating in the SEC behind only Tua, Fromm and Ta’umu. Pruitt said JG’s play was “excellent” on 65 of the 73 offensive plays we ran on Saturday....and I’ll add despite getting mauled almost every time he threw the ball, including on the quick hitting first TD pass on the goal line to Wolf.

Then throw in that evidently, Chryst has been erratic throughout all of fall camp and into the season during practice. Pruitt and Helton clearly, obviously believe JG is the better qb and gives us the best chance to win, and nothing that Chryst has done to date in a game would dispute that, including the 2 of 7 successful drives he had vs Bama when it was 28-0 and Bama had clearly taken their foot off the gas.
Can’t reason with people when they always think the backup is the best QB option on the roster.

Have you seen our running game? What is it about our running game that makes you believe this o line is not as advertised?

I dont think that at all. I was just saying I woukd like to see what KC can do for a whole game. Whats wrong with that? BTW, I am a JG supporter.
If the coaching staff thought KC gave us a better chance to win, they would start him......regardless what all of us armchair coaches think. You don’t bring in a quarterback to experiment if you are convinced your guy is the guy. The problem hasn’t been JG and we lost this past Saturday because the defense was anemic in the second half and we couldn’t stop committing bad penalties.

If the coaching staff thought KC gave us a better chance to win, they would start him......regardless what all of us armchair coaches think.

I agree. I was just thinking now that the real tough defensive teams are gone, maybe we could see him play a full game. Especially to give JG time to effectively heal.

I agree. I was just thinking now that the real tough defensive teams are gone, maybe we could see him play a full game. Especially to give JG time to effectively heal.
If he’s healthy, he should play. There is no upside to throwing KC out there if you think JG is your guy.

You bench JG and start KC and you could have some real issues next year. What if JG decides to transfer (ala Kelly Bryant) and McBride does as well? (I’ve heard on the radio it could be a serious possibility) You are then back to an inexperienced QB with more than likely a freshman backup. I think playing JG guarantees we have 3 QBs on the roster next year. Just my take...

In case you didn’t know, greasy is Brandon Johnson’s uncle.
well that certainly makes what he is saying more truthful or believable......u sense the sarcasm

instead of analyzing JG.....u know, since u put it out there who he is.......analyze why BJ drops the ball so much

JG alot of times make the O line look bad..As a QB u should see the blitz coming make and the changes at the line..

Greazy I have tried hard to agree with this take and about 5-10% of the time this is true. The other 90-95% time it is purely the O-Line and their ability/grit. JG could call a good protection but if an O-lineman get's blown up or just flails and whiffs it is 100% on them and this has been the case the majority of the time. And this isn't just in the passing game. The run game has been abysmal due to this as well.

Reactions: johnrlansford

VN Store

Back