Any talk about checkering Neyland for Florida?

I agree the checker Neyland tradition should stick around...The fans enjoy it and it makes the stadium look beautiful...As long as we wear orange and white and not something stupid like the greys when we checkered it last year...God that looked stupid.

Nah, I don’t want Florida to think we are doing it because they are so great like the one player said their streak vs Kensucky would be 32-0. We don’t want Florida to get the big head.

All you old curmudgeons need to realize looking like 1965 doesn't mean we play like it. Black cleats and "pure" orange jerseys aren't bringing any banners home. But those players wearing Smokey greys did what players wearing orange couldn't for over a decade: beat UF. However it was not the unis (or checkering Neyland by the way) it was the team.

Every new idea is not an assault on our tradition. And most of it has ZERO affect on the outcome of the game. So why not have fun imaging checkering Neyland brings joy to both players and fans. It is a game after all.

I've seen the checker Neyland pics shared by recruits, players, and coaches so it's something that is recognized. Go for it - it looks cool and it couldn't hurt recruiting.

All you old curmudgeons need to realize looking like 1965 doesn't mean we play like it. Black cleats and "pure" orange jerseys aren't bringing any banners home. But those players wearing Smokey greys did what players wearing orange couldn't for over a decade: beat UF. However it was not the unis (or checkering Neyland by the way) it was the team.

Every new idea is not an assault on our tradition. And most of it has ZERO affect on the outcome of the game. So why not have fun imaging checkering Neyland brings joy to both players and fans. It is a game after all.
Because people like to complain about everything.

Im not against checker neyland, i think its awesome. But i dont want to see it at this years florida game. Reason being, i want tennessee to line up and beat them. No extra, no extra hype, no gimmicks, nothing just beat them. To me, checker neyland at this years florida game just screams " we need attention in other areas cause we suck at football." Just win the game, checker neyland at another game.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
The checker Neyland is awesome. People that whine because they have to wear white for a day are little biatches

This new fad needs to turn into a tradition. I think its dope... It's an exciting layout to walk into and it hypes another opportunity to squash the gators. The biggest rivalry for us needs to have something turned into a tradition like this every time we play. love it.

I agree with everything you said except the biggest rivalry. That is and always will be Alabama.

Why can’t we do an orange out and everyone wear orange? I don’t understand why anyone wears any other color to games? Orange is what shows up on tv. No grey, no white, no black... wear ORANGE!!!!
I’m game for this! Always thought we should do this one game a year at least. But I’m like you, why wear any other color? The only reason I own a white was for the time they reversed the checkerboard. Ugh!

Reactions: JonesVols
Sadly I doubt I'll be there but I sure hope they continue to do this. It's a great fun way to get the fans involved and show our team support at the same time.

I just hope we can get Neyland loud and proud again. I miss the noise level and screwing up the other teams offense because all they hear is us and good ol Rocky Top!

Please make this happen. Anything to give us an edge over Florida. Lord knows we need it.

VN Store

Back