Any news on softball team this fall?

I think we'll be fine when the season starts. We lose Gregg, and a couple other but most of the starters of last season are back. Both starting pitchers are back and Rogers has been doing ok in spring ball. A lot of players held out of action that will play a lot of innings for us. Wait and see where we are I know right now is not a time to worry still hate to see Kentucky beat us twice.

I think we'll be fine when the season starts. We lose Gregg, and a couple other but most of the starters of last season are back. Both starting pitchers are back and Rogers has been doing ok in spring ball. A lot of players held out of action that will play a lot of innings for us. Wait and see where we are I know right now is not a time to worry still hate to see Kentucky beat us twice.
Well the good thing about it is that they wont beat us during the regular season! I hope we hit better but Gregg was our stick last year and no one will replace that. Hopefully Shipman and another one or two will help close the gam. Vines and Seagrin should take up the slack. JMHO

You wonder why we couldn't be a very good team. Morgan returns at first base should be better as a sophomore. We need at least ten homers and .300 hitting out of her this season. Were solid at second base as Leach should again be the ultimate leadoff hitter. I personally would like to see her adapt a power swing she has a lot of power when she decides to swing for the fences. Shortstop is the big hole to fill don't know who will eventually get the job here. Whomever it is we take a big hit in average, power, and average. Seggern back on third need a big season out of her. The outfield looks like Vines who if healthy could really help with the offensive gap left by Gregg. Centerfield will have a new player who should be better offensively than the graduated player. Ayala and Holcomb return hoping for a lot better power and average out of Ayala, Holcomb the ultimate slapper. A lot of catchers on this team don't see anyone beating out Shipman who will really cut into the playing time of Lockman.
A lot of other candidates back challenging for playing time. Batts, Bearden, Hannon, and Weimer.
All the freshmen are highly rated I think Phillips is going to be one of the best of the group other than Shipman.
Pitching not that great in the fall hopefully will come into place in the regular season. Moss is now a senior needs to have her best season. Arnold should be ready to be consistent on the mound. The freshman Rogers doesn't have any problems throwing strikes she will have to learn and grow in the tough SEC. Morgan is again serving as a backup pitcher for the staff.

Probable Lineup:

2b Leach
RF Holcomb
CF Vines
3b Seggern
C Shipman
1b Morgan
LF Ayala
SS Hufstetler
Dh Lockman, Phillips, Batts, Bearden or several others.

We'll look to Shipman and Vines to be the players to take up the slack of losing Gregg if they can handle the job we'll have a great season. If not runs may be hard to come by.

She came back last year after her injury and did not seem like her head was in it then. Really a good player who must have burned out.

Reactions: RollerVol
Losing Brook Vines is painful team will have a lot of inexperienced players getting a lot of playing time. I hope some of the freshmen can provide some power and hit for average this season. I guess that gives Panini and Batts a chance to start in the OF. You wonder where the homerun power is gonna come from.

Non-Lady Vol softball news, but I know we have a lot of fans of the sport who like to keep up with what is going on with other big programs....Oklahoma just picked up a huge transfer in All-American pitcher G Juarez from Arizona State who will have 2 more years left to play for Oklahoma. Softball transfers don't have to sit either provided their previous school releases them.

Non-Lady Vol softball news, but I know we have a lot of fans of the sport who like to keep up with what is going on with other big programs....Oklahoma just picked up a huge transfer in All-American pitcher G Juarez from Arizona State who will have 2 more years left to play for Oklahoma. Softball transfers don't have to sit either provided their previous school releases them.
To the best of my knowledge we have not had much luck with transfers for some reason. Not sure why or even if the coaches have that much interest in transfers. OU seems to get an AA every few years to add to their already recruiting hauls.

To the best of my knowledge we have not had much luck with transfers for some reason. Not sure why or even if the coaches have that much interest in transfers. OU seems to get an AA every few years to add to their already recruiting hauls.

Unless I miss my guess, Ralph & Karen would shy away from transfers due to concerns about importing a possible problem. Sort of like Diamond DeShields with Lady Vols basketball.

We've really struck out with transfer pitchers and some we recruited. They are getting a proven pitcher suspect she will be great. The ones we got in the past were unproven so that is a huge difference. If your gonna take transfers better that they have already performed at the highest level.

We've really struck out with transfer pitchers and some we recruited. They are getting a proven pitcher suspect she will be great. The ones we got in the past were unproven so that is a huge difference. If your gonna take transfers better that they have already performed at the highest level.

Thanks. I'm a huge LV softball fan and I'm a bit starved for news :)

Will there be an "Official 2019 Lady Vols Softball Thread?"

Thanks. I'm a huge LV softball fan and I'm a bit starved for news :)

Will there be an "Official 2019 Lady Vols Softball Thread?"
Most of the news that is available at this time is in this thread. I figure we'll start hearing a lot more after Christmas.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
It was reported on another message board that Karen forced Vines off the team. Here is a copy and paste....

Brooke did not leave the softball program willingly. Last season she was forced to come back before she was ready the hit in the line up. It was either hit or get kick off the team. That resulted in another off season surgery but the healing process took longer than expected because of back to back surgeries so close together. During the first week of weights vines couldn't life weights and since she couldn't lift the weights the whole team was forced to run the football field. The next day coach Karen told her she's doing weights or will be kicked off the team.

It was reported on another message board that Karen forced Vines off the team. Here is a copy and paste....

Brooke did not leave the softball program willingly. Last season she was forced to come back before she was ready the hit in the line up. It was either hit or get kick off the team. That resulted in another off season surgery but the healing process took longer than expected because of back to back surgeries so close together. During the first week of weights vines couldn't life weights and since she couldn't lift the weights the whole team was forced to run the football field. The next day coach Karen told her she's doing weights or will be kicked off the team.
The whole Vines thing the last year and this year is bewildering to me. She was a young lady that seemed to have a potential AA written all over her during the first two years. Deer Park would speak to this more than anyone on this board if he was inclined to do so.

Yea no proof this is what really went down but after what happened with McSwain before Supers last year, I am a little more inclined to believe it🤷🏼‍♀️

I was told by a family member that years of verbal abuse from the Weekly’s came to a head during practice the week of the Supers. Scarlet just couldn’t take it anymore. Scarlet is now coaching high school softball.

Reactions: popvol

VN Store

Back