American Ninja Warrior

Every now and then you get one of those slate wiper obstacles. The second obstacle on the back end after the salmon ladder was definitely that. Glad to see Rehn? break out. He's been around forever, and I guess I can forgive former Captain G-32 for not staying loyal to the original station that broadcast the show with his ninja nickname. Beast's girlfriend and Labreck looked sharp as well.

As far as consistency is The Weather Man the GOAT? He's hit every first round buzzer and all but one in city finals right? Always the fastest finisher, and the most efficient, zero wasted motion with him.

Also where is Caldiero and the dude with the giant forearms?

Every now and then you get one of those slate wiper obstacles. The second obstacle on the back end after the salmon ladder was definitely that. Glad to see Rehn? break out. He's been around forever, and I guess I can forgive former Captain G-32 for not staying loyal to the original station that broadcast the show with his ninja nickname. Beast's girlfriend and Labreck looked sharp as well.

Yeah that thing was killer. The 2 girls were impressive, almost feel bad for Warnky seems like she's always barely on the outside. Agree on Rohn too, he's probably improved more over the years than anyone else.

As far as consistency is The Weather Man the GOAT? He's hit every first round buzzer and all but one in city finals right? Always the fastest finisher, and the most efficient, zero wasted motion with him.

Also where is Caldiero and the dude with the giant forearms?

Both of them moved on with their lives.

Yeah that thing was killer. The 2 girls were impressive, almost feel bad for Warnky seems like she's always barely on the outside. Agree on Rohn too, he's probably improved more over the years than anyone else.

Warnky's like Sam Sann, a good competitor but seems to do as much if not more behind the scenes.

Both of them moved on with their lives.

Since Caldiero kind of had the Jesus-y vibe, one wonders if he may not return for "second coming." How many million dollar pay days are there in rock climbing?

Or maybe he remains immune to the pull of capitalism and fame and just continues doing what he does.

Yeah, I don't think he cares about money that much. I don't think he likes the ANW vibe.

Britten said he wants to spend more time with his family, but he plans on a comeback at some point. He said he realized after last year that part of the passion for it was lost after beating all 4 stages (but not winning the $) in 2015.

Last edited:
Since Caldiero kind of had the Jesus-y vibe, one wonders if he may not return for "second coming." How many million dollar pay days are there in rock climbing?

Or maybe he remains immune to the pull of capitalism and fame and just continues doing what he does.

I honestly couldn't stand Caldiero, something about him was off putting to me. The way he lives though a Million might last him a life time.

I honestly couldn't stand Caldiero, something about him was off putting to me. The way he lives though a Million might last him a life time.

Until he has kids...

I think the show kind of pushed the Jesus thing because of his lifestyle, and he really was/is a prodigy at rock climbing, but I could see how it would come across as arrogant. I imagine he's fairly cool IRL, but I think he'll regret not going further with it if only because it's a good platform for promoting rock climbing to a mass audience.

We were watching a guy with a boring personality go to work doing a job he kind of hates, but he's really good at it.

Well the sun got it's revenge on the moon blocking it out today, blocked out Ninja Warrior halfway through. At least I got to see the 2 fire fighters fall. Side note; fire fighters have horrible balance. This was one weak ass group.

Well the sun got it's revenge on the moon blocking it out today, blocked out Ninja Warrior halfway through. At least I got to see the 2 fire fighters fall. Side note; fire fighters have horrible balance. This was one weak ass group.

Yamaguchi?? had good run. I wasn't sure if he didn't screw up intentionally at the end. He seemed to be in control the whole way and didn't need to skip the last peg like that.

That flying monkey bars thing is killer. I was watching a rerun the other day were it wiped out pretty much everyone as well.

Somebody's gotta wrap up the regular season. Midoriyama up next week. Dory comes up big again. One of the more nondescript looking competitors but also one of the best. Curiously, the second best of the night was a walk on.

Ninjago product placement obstacle is a bit irksome. Bounce hang still dominates the warriors.

Hoping Arnold won't retire despite his promise and failure.

Jerry rejoices with the departure of Catanzarro next week.

It would be funny if Arnold got his head right and put it all together for the win after doing so poorly in qualifiers.

Smart money is on Dory and Dreschel, IMO.

Somebody's gotta wrap up the regular season. Midoriyama up next week. Dory comes up big again. One of the more nondescript looking competitors but also one of the best. Curiously, the second best of the night was a walk on.

Ninjago product placement obstacle is a bit irksome. Bounce hang still dominates the warriors.

Hoping Arnold won't retire despite his promise and failure.

Jerry rejoices with the departure of Catanzarro next week.

Arnold has been pretty average lately and I think his personality is boring, but he can look at Stephenson who's had a bit of a resurgence as a reason not to retire. Wait Brent broke up with Catanzaro and got better...

I would, but they will show her every time a woman or Brent runs. Sigh

aa0a45624ef1d3d9f3767046faf2c773.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Arnold has been pretty average lately and I think his personality is boring, but he can look at Stephenson who's had a bit of a resurgence as a reason not to retire. Wait Brent broke up with Catanzaro and got better...

I would, but they will show her every time a woman or Brent runs. Sigh

Arnold promised to retire if he didn't make it past the obstacle he fell on, so we'll see. A number of the early season regulars are starting to fade out, D. Campbell comes to mind.

Arnold seems to be a victim of putting to much pressure on himself to win the prize to set his family up. Too much pressure kills the fun factor -- for Catanzaro and a others as well.

Arnold promised to retire if he didn't make it past the obstacle he fell on, so we'll see. A number of the early season regulars are starting to fade out, D. Campbell comes to mind.

Arnold seems to be a victim of putting to much pressure on himself to win the prize to set his family up. Too much pressure kills the fun factor -- for Catanzaro and a others as well.

I usually fast forward past their intro and tune out the announcers, so I missed him saying that. Campbell needs to retire. Arnold always seemed nervous AF and anxious with the cameras on him after his first run. Well, she kills the fun factor for me as well.

Solid episode last night. Good course, most of the usuals qualified, and several of the new lady competitors established themselves as serious contenders.

Agreed, I never liked him either and was surprised that he won. Not his fault, but the show gave him an unfair advantage over Britton (he got to rest longer before the final). Britton was the first true ninja warrior and Caldiero got all the glory and money

Drew seems unstoppable this season. I'm pulling for him to win it all

VN Store

Back