All You Need to Know

Can you imagine the dilemma of trying to coach kids you KNOW aren't big/strong/fast enough? Can you imagine the dilemma of trying to play for a coach you KNOW doesn't think you are big/strong/fast enough? I bet "disheartening" doesn't even come close to describing that.

That's the problem with Pruitt airing those thoughts out in the open instead of handling on the practice field or the locker room.

Now everyone in the public gets to speculate on who he meant and the players get to look forward to him trying to recruit over them.

Not saying some of them dont need to be recruited over or aren't dogging it during the game but this team has enough challenges as it is without wondering what kind of effort he is gonna get from the players down the stretch.

Reactions: G8R8U2
From his halftime comments, I believe this is where he really thinks some of the crap is coming from. I agree 100% as I saw it also and commented to my dad on it during the game.

On examples of guys not playing the right way:

“When you’ve got guys man-to-man when they run down the field, and you don’t even guard them. When you can’t keep your poise enough to look to the sideline and get the defensive call, that’s pretty elementary. I don’t know about the offensive side as far as that part of it, but just from the defensive side, it’s pretty telling. I know their signals; I watched their calls. They kind of made the same calls we made, just watching them over there. You call a corner blitz, and we tippy-toe in there and nobody blocks us, and they throw a 50-yard touchdown. I bet you when they call a corner blitz, I bet you their corner didn’t tippy-toe up in there.”

Those players he mentions can either get it going or GTFO!

While I agree wit his overall comments, as the head coach. he needs to keep his poise. In the Fla and Alabama games, he certainly didn't come across as the poised coach trying to help his players through a tough game. If anything, he added to the chaos. He'll learn I hope, but he's got some growing up to do too.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
He said from the beginning when he was hired, "We are gonna have to learn to strain and give 100% every play." This isn't a chicken or the egg issue. Some players fought, others "tippy-toed, didn't cover their man and gave up TDs, didn't look to the sideline for the call (elementary mistakes)." They acted out and got reprimanded. We all have to stop with this victim mentality and hold ourselves accountable, on the field and in life. Even the players are fistbumping in post game conferences and holding one another accountable. This is character building 101. CJP loves and cares for these boys, that is why he refuses to let them not give their all. This is a life lesson as well; elementary lesson matter of fact, that is taught in pee-wee ball. If these boys had given their all and gotten beat, CJP wouldn't have said it (Post UGA game proves that).
Can you imagine the dilemma of trying to coach kids you KNOW aren't big/strong/fast enough? Can you imagine the dilemma of trying to play for a coach you KNOW doesn't think you are big/strong/fast enough? I bet "disheartening" doesn't even come close to describing that.
I have to respectfully disagree. I wanted to play basketball at above the high school level, but there is no place in big boy bb for a 5’2 point guard. However I earned playing time by running more, doing everything asked and more, diving in floor for loose balls,etc. My coach leveled with me, told me my limits and said I could earn some playing time if I did the work. I did. He did me a favor not blowing smoke and put playing time on me. I remembered volunteering to guard a 6’6 guy nobody wanted. I didn’t stop him but got him so agitated he took a swing, missed because I was so short and got thrown out. We won and coach gave me mvp for game. Coach Pruitt is doing these guys a favor by telling the truth. Certainly about time. Go Big Orange. Win the rest.

Will the coaches take the opening kickoff instead of deferring till second half ? How many times do we have to see us kickoff and the opposing team march straight down the field to take the early lead ? Why not take the ball first and try to get the lead even if it is just a field goal. Let's hope Chryst will get the start for the next game.

Terrible idea for this game. A home game, maybe. But @ SC on their homecoming, and you want our slow to start Offense on the field first? You realize a 3 and out would have that place fired up.

On the flip side, kick to them and stop them. Then go down and score. Their crowd will go down at the first sign of trouble.

Reactions: beamerman
Terrible idea for this game. A home game, maybe. But @ SC on their homecoming, and you want our slow to start Offense on the field first? You realize a 3 and out would have that place fired up.

On the flip side, kick to them and stop them. Then go down and score. Their crowd will go down at the first sign of trouble.

Not to be a downer, but "kick to them and stop them" isn't a guarantee. Kick to them and don't stop them, and they are really fired up. It's a tough call either way. That's why CJP gets the big bucks.

Not to be a downer, but "kick to them and stop them" isn't a guarantee. Kick to them and don't stop them, and they are really fired up. It's a tough call either way. That's why CJP gets the big bucks.

If you’re a slow starting team, you want the ball going in to the 2nd half.

The crowd is going to try their hardest to be a factor on the first series while they’re still feeling fresh. But that wears out. And it especially wears out if you come out and stop them, and then score. The fans in Williams Brice are a fickle bunch.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
People saying Pruitt should be more mindful in his press conferences about what he says, etc, don't understand the level of expectations and level of play he was apart of at Alabama. It's frustrating for him to see such ineptness from supposed major D1 players playing at a premier school in the best conference. I don't care if he calls them out for being slow, lazy, less talented, whatever...he can sniff out those who dont have the cojones to be here; its pretty glaring to him. He's doing everything BUT say players names.

Locker room's full of MAC level talent and MAC level mindset. Clean house.

Anytime a poster can enlighten us with such ferocity and assureds...I, for 1, acknowledge wiser wisdoms and am thankful to live in this uni-multiverse with such benevolent beings.

<burp>

Space gas. Sorry. ;(

Anytime a poster can enlighten us with such ferocity and assureds...I, for 1, acknowledge wiser wisdoms and am thankful to live in this uni-multiverse with such benevolent beings.

<burp>

Space gas. Sorry. ;(
Lol. Bro, I'm so stoned right now that I actually understand what you just said.

If you are a decent recruit, and hear this, it means playing time right away. I think JJ Peterson would be in there now if his book learning hadn't got in the way, and he's gotta redshirt because of it. I also think the Auburn victory is huge in recruiting. Pruitt can show progress and good coaching, and that is what these guys want if they are going to play at the next level. It'll be even better if we finish strong. Need to win 3-4 more games.

It’s a good thing JJP is going to redshirt. Him playing this year wouldn’t of mattered. He will be a great addition as a starter next year especially with Pruitts D-line recruits in there.

JG is good to go and hopefully we will get Abernathy and Jamir Johnson back. I hope Josh Palmer is ok. We will see SC should be a good game. we have to utilize our receivers and ty Chandler. Our defense will continue to improve

Abernathy is a liability at safety. I am not upset about him not playing. I’m more upset about losing Shamburger but hopefully he is good to go this week.

From his halftime comments, I believe this is where he really thinks some of the crap is coming from. I agree 100% as I saw it also and commented to my dad on it during the game.

On examples of guys not playing the right way:

“When you’ve got guys man-to-man when they run down the field, and you don’t even guard them. When you can’t keep your poise enough to look to the sideline and get the defensive call, that’s pretty elementary. I don’t know about the offensive side as far as that part of it, but just from the defensive side, it’s pretty telling. I know their signals; I watched their calls. They kind of made the same calls we made, just watching them over there. You call a corner blitz, and we tippy-toe in there and nobody blocks us, and they throw a 50-yard touchdown. I bet you when they call a corner blitz, I bet you their corner didn’t tippy-toe up in there.”

Those players he mentions can either get it going or GTFO!

Pruitt will have to clean house and get rid of the players that don’t give their All on Saturday’s if we’re ever going to really be good again

VN Store

Back