Alabama down year?

This will be the deepest, most talented offense in the Nick Saban dynasty. And wait until you see Jaylen Waddle.

See no indication they are slowing down any time soon. Saban's defenses over the past few years seem to merely be "verygood" instead of "otherworldly." What is a "down year" for them anyway...two losses?

It is hard to fathom a playoff that doesn't contain them. That's how good they've been. The last year they weren't a player towards the end of the season for a title was 2010 - even if they beat Auburn that year, Auburn would have still won the West.

This happens every year. And every year they either win or play for the NC. Saban signed an extension through 2025. So I would expect a down year in 2026.

They could hire Dooley and he would coach them to 2-3 playoff appearances just based on the talent they would have stacked up to that point.

Bama doesn't play anyone in the preseason top25 until week 9 or so. LSU won't be very good. The only teams that can give them a game will be Miss State and Auburn and those are both in Tuscaloosa. I'd like to think we can compete and make it respectable, but I'm not ready to say that yet.

They could hire Dooley and he would coach them to 2-3 playoff appearances just based on the talent they would have stacked up to that point.
Dooley was such a poor in-game coach he'd find a way to lose a couple games a year with those guys.

Also, I don't think Saban will be coaching in 2025. He'll be 74 at the end of that contract. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part; I thought after the 2015 title he'd get one more then retire, but that obviously didn't happen. He personally or the program does not appear to be slowing down one iota, in any regard. Alabama knows that rumors of his retirement are going to get more and more common in future years, and the extension becomes the rebuttal to those rumors.

Reactions: wmcovol
Unless they lose their QB (even most loyal bammers I know think Hurt has peaked and isnt capable) their offense is going to be very difficult to stop. And Saban's second team defense is probably in the top 4 in the SEC.

VN Store

Back