'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

Dude I was unaware of the change. So STFU, do I need to spell that out for you? If all that is true, how did NC State just do this? And no, Blueshirt's you also take from the following class but don't get on scholarship till fall classes start. Greyshirts just come in later after fall classes are over. If you're gonna be a tool atleast know what you're talking about.

2019 TE Kam Walker commits to NC State, accepts blueshirt offer
Lol! Mad? For what? Answering your question?

Never said those guys were not important and dynamic; i said QB is the most important position in sports. You said LeBron...is G/F the most important position in sports? You said Michael...is SG the most important position in sports? Jeter...is SS the most important? Ronaldo...is whatever position he plays the most important?
I'm not saying positions in other sports are not extremely important, a franchise goalie is almost on par with a franchise QB; I'm just saying none of them are the QB position.
You mentioned how Ole Miss beat Bama...scheme, a good QB, great WR's. Now take away the good QB. It doesn't matter the scheme or WR's. Yes, a good scheme can win a ballgame with inferior talent to it's opposition, but you still have to have a QB who can pull off the scheme to pull off an upset. If the QB is bad, doesn't matter what the scheme is. Yes, Ole Miss beat Bama with everything you said, but they had a damn good QB to lead it and execute it. If they don't have the damn good QB, they don't pull it off, neither year. Wallace had 251 yds passing, 3 TDs and no INTs in '14; Kelley went for 341, 3 TDs and no INTs, with 1 TD rushing in '15.
Agree to disagree. LSU beat them with the run game and a managing qb. I see your point but you don’t have to have an amazing qb.

Reactions: SugarCC
When has Bama ever recruited average QBs?
No QB Saban has had would be considered anything more than average. Tua may change that narrative. But up to this point, they have had average QB play. They dont need great QB play. Why? They have a dominant run game and defense.

No QB Saban has had would be considered anything more than average. Tua may change that narrative. But up to this point, they have had average QB play. They dont need great QB play. Why? They have a dominant run game and defense.
McCarron was highly recruited and performed up to it. Weird missed fg kick return from playing for 3 NC’s and being a major portion of the reason.

Reactions: SugarCC

Those QB’s don’t put up huge gawdy numbers because of Saban’s Offensive game plan. The QB’s are coached to do exactly what they are coached to do, “manage” games. Apparently, after Saban scares the death out of the QB’s to not turn the ball over, their brain is wired that way. They play too scared to turn it over, that they lose their confidence or whatever. The only two that I don’t think ever really had a chance to be a star before Saban indoctrinated them is Blake Sims and Jalen Hurts, but Saban likes them so much because they have the mobile ability. Not a better game manager than a QB that plays safe, and can also run their way out of trouble. The safest way to not turn it over.

He was never considered elite. He was a game manager. With Alabama, the QB is not that important.
WON games for them...many in fact. Wasn’t regarded as a game manager...because he wasn’t. You’ve blocked it out.

I was thinking DB’s. We have 3 and some folks were thinking we take 5 to 6 total. I am thinking we take two more for 5 now that we have some guys hopefully emerging.
Talking specifically about corners...one more for 3.

Then you and I have a different definition of average. They haven't taken a Rivals 3* since 2013.

All but McElroy were considered elite before going to Bama. You don’t gain high 4* and 5* status in high school otherwise. Then they are conveniently turned into average QB’s.

They may have been elite in HS but while QB’ing Alabama, they’ve mostly been average bus driver type QBs.

I think that was his point.

Saw an interview on TV with Satan discussing his QB’s and saying Tua was a great passer and how some of those guys think they are good enough to make any pass and how that can at times cause issues. We all know that but in context of him discussing his situation with tua and hurts, it came across as something that makes him uncomfortable. He wins but I think he prefers game managers who won’t be gunslingers. Can’t argue with the team success but don’t see many Bama QB’s developing for the NFL. Think it is another reason we will get this guy. If I was a QB with NFL ambition , I would not go to Bama.

Reactions: PoweredByTheT

VN Store

Back