'19 AL DT LeDarrius Cox (Ole Miss signee)

I don't understand why he doesn't go ahead and de-committ? Seems everyone knows it, coaches have to be aware of it.

Maybe he isn't such a sure lock to flip as we think? This talk has been going on for months.
May not be a take for Auburn yet.

Reactions: buckfama
I would bet Auburn is seeing if they have room closer to NSD. What they have told him I have no idea. I'm sure the UT coaches know what's up and if we flip Moore he will be gone.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The days of taking someone just because are over. Pruitt only going to take who he thinks can contribute.
Pruitt’s not in the position to pick and choose like Saban is. If you have a DT that Auburn wants, you need him.

The Tennessee commitment worked exclusively at defensive tackle and was a matchup nightmare for opposing offensive linemen all night. He wasn't in on every series but still managed to make more than his fair share of plays. The official box score only credited him with two tackles, but I counted at least seven, as well as several disruptions thanks to his penetration at the line of scrimmage. Cox has been committed to Tennessee since April and rumors have swirled about a potential flip to Auburn, but he was sporting Vols gloves during the game.
Wommack

You sort of have to grade guys like him differently because of what he’ll be asked to do at the next level. He’s a space eater and that will be his main task, take up two blockers and try to disrupt without compiling a ton of stats.

I was a little nervous about him missing series but you have to think at the next level and in a strength and conditioning program that will improve.

I think he’s a solid 4-star based on potential.
—Woody

I hope he stays committed. We need all the OL and DL help we can get.

Hope so too. Tell him to just watch those Auburn game highlights over and over and forget everything else he sees from us this year against power 5 competition (and Conference USA for that matter).

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991

VN Store

Back