'19 AL DT LeDarrius Cox (Ole Miss signee)

Exactly. For example Alexis Johnson is listed as bigger/heavier than Tuttle. Yet Tuttle has been practicing at NT and Johnson at DT.

That is a vast oversimplification of what makes someone a NT. It is way more than a weight listed on a recruiting website. Height, build, strength, agility all go into the decision. Plenty of 300+ pound DT/DE in a 3-4.
And the size of NT and DT in 3-4's in the SEC has gone way down. The last few years bama and georgia have played guys between 300-310 at both DT and NT. It is very rare for a guy over 315 or so to play significant snaps in the premier 34 defenses in this league. They set it up to easily rotate to 4 down linemen. So you have those 2 about that size that can slide into traditional 43 DT roles with the DE generally about 280-290 so he can slide to kind of an oversized 43 DE and the Jack can come down to a smallish 43 DE around 250-260. It's all about formation and position flexibility to be able to adjust to all the no huddle and spread while still being able to defend the traditional power run teams.

Phillips, Emerson, Harris, Garland...hell even Bain. You even roster brah?
Phillips is a true end, Emerson is a freshman coming off an injury, Harris is a freshman as well. Garland is a freshman end. do you even position, brah?

Phillips is a true end, Emerson is a freshman coming off an injury, Harris is a freshman as well. Garland is a freshman end. do you even position, brah?
I think you missed the point that it will be situational and all those true ends will likely play and that big lineup probably isn't gonna be the one getting the most snaps. Do you even extrapolate bro?

I think you missed the point that it will be situational and all those true ends will likely play and that big lineup probably isn't gonna be the one getting the most snaps. Do you even extrapolate bro?
Yeah! This Sleegro...what him’s said! 🤣

Reactions: T Dog and Sleegro
Hope you're right and Gooden is committed to work hard and play tough. ICC in Last Chance U looked like a lousy ticket. He prolly extra happy to be here.

Yeah, he really sucked. Just made the biggest defensive stop to win them a championship. No need to have that around here.

well, he's visited AU what, 3 times, since he committed to TN? went to their BBQ not ours...and isn't he the one that basically said "i'm committed, but i'm going to keep looking to make sure"...

yeah, ,he's on flip watch.

lol...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
Does anyone get the feeling that a player in the near future may be forced to
"flip their commitment" to make room for other players. Like ladarius cox for example.

VN Store

Back