'19 AL DT LeDarrius Cox (Ole Miss signee)

According to Trey Wallace on Twitter, Cox will be attending a camp on UT's campus next Wednesday. Think they want to see him in drills again to make sure they still want him?

Reactions: 2 people
According to Trey Wallace on Twitter, Cox will be attending a camp on UT's campus next Wednesday. Think they want to see him in drills again to make sure they still want him?

Huh weird that Wallace is reporting that because I didn’t see it somewhere else on VN or Twitter first.

They will probably be evaluating him again both on the field and off the field to gauge his interest and commitment level to see if he is going to flip to the Barn.

Since I haven't seen it in this thread yet:

We will get them in... Cox was offered a grey shirt but didn’t want to take it so we parted ways... I would say we grey shirt 2 which gets us pretty close to there with 23... we will have room one way or another.

Reactions: vols555
Since I haven't seen it in this thread yet:
Yeah see the problem is that's just too much there. First, what coach starts talking grey shirts before they have to. We haven't hit ESD yet much less signing day or a full class of commits. There would be no reason to offer a grey shirt yet. Its just a little to specific and questionable strategically to believe that statement has any merit. I believe we may not be recruiting him any more and have maybe parted ways or are about to (the proverbial git shirt). But offering a grey shirt in July is a weird strategy.

Reactions: LA Vol
Yeah see the problem is that's just too much there. First, what coach starts talking grey shirts before they have to. We haven't hit ESD yet much less signing day or a full class of commits. There would be no reason to offer a grey shirt yet. Its just a little to specific and questionable strategically to believe that statement has any merit. I believe we may not be recruiting him any more and have maybe parted ways or are about to (the proverbial git shirt). But offering a grey shirt in July is a weird strategy.
CJP has worker for three pretty experienced head coaches who have recruited #1 recruiting classes. At this point, I trust what he is doing with our recruiting. Time will tell if he is doing it correctly.

Reactions: quadlee21
CJP has worker for three pretty experienced head coaches who have recruited #1 recruiting classes. At this point, I trust what he is doing with our recruiting. Time will tell if he is doing it correctly.
I'm not questioning what CJP is doing. I'm questioning the poster's story about what CJP is doing. I don't think CJP offered a grey shirt to Cox.

Maybe coaches tryna get him back on campus for saying something like, we love you man!

There's no way our coaches are offering grayshirts in July. We have more targets than spots, and grayshirts aren't going to make the numbers work. Cox was at Auburn this weekend and he said he's taking visits this fall to several other SEC schools, including a trip back to Auburn. He's going to move on on his own.

There's no way our coaches are offering grayshirts in July. We have more targets than spots, and grayshirts aren't going to make the numbers work. Cox was at Auburn this weekend and he said he's taking visits this fall to several other SEC schools, including a trip back to Auburn. He's going to move on on his own.
The staff and cox talked about possible situation to where they would get him in with bending numbers grey shirt/ blue shirt whatever the scenario (in a way to bend numbers)... was told they have two guys ahead on their board... so it was a mutual understanding to where Cox re-opened his recruitment and the reason why he was at Auburn... he isn’t considered by the staff as a commit anymore because he told them he is gonna open it back up... it was a mutual understanding.. Pruitt didn’t just (pull an Urban) and abuse the guy.

VN Store

Back