AJ Johnson signs with Denver

And signed with my favorite team (not because of manning.. I'm still miffed at the bandwagoners)

epyjpv6hw9hmcqkj25f7.jpg

Reactions: bigorange
Folks, you may want to pump the brakes. AJ hasn't played for three years. He must get into football shape including recapturing his stamina. Not to mentioning rebuilding his skills, muscle mass, and speed. He needs to live and sleep in the weightroom when not ground-pounding 5 - 10 mile runs. AND, if he has a nickle worth of sense, stay away from women of all types, colors, and species even if they're ultra loose Orion females. If he wants a football career, his daily focus should be focused solely on making himself the player he once was and better than even that.
I doubt you have any expertise or even experience in training to play in the NFL. Pretty sure the guy knows where he stands and has been doing the things he needed to do to be ready if the time came for him to be in this situation. Pretty sure he is closer than you want to babble about.....or at least the NFL thinks he is.

Slightly different question, but i didn't want to start a different thread

where would he have been drafted had he not got caught up in a bad situation? I thought he was a 1 or 2nd rounder, but 10 teams are still interested 3 years later? Now I understand it's easier to offer a FA, as an NFL team there is very little risk for you so these teams may not have drafted him. . .high in the draft anyway.

My prediction is he would have been a top2 or 3 linebackers taken. Puts him 1st round. What do y'all think?

Reactions: LittleVol
Slightly different question, it i didn't want to start a thread

where would he have been drafted had he not got caught up in a bad situation? I thought he was a 1 or 2nd rounder, but 10 teams are still interested 3 years later? Now I understand it's easier to offer a FA, as an NFL team there is very little risk for you so these teams may not have drafted him. . .high in the draft anyway.

My prediction is he would have been a top2 or 3 linebackers taken. Puts him 1st round. What do y'all think?
Pretty sure he was never projected close to a 1st or 2nd rounder. 5th would have been where he probably would have been taken, but who knows...... definitely not a 1st or 2bd rounder though

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Okay maybe I'm a little bias and a little generous on his draft stock. But I think 5th is low, but he wasn't the most measurable athlete. Just found a way to the ball.

1st team all SEC, 138 Tackles led the SEC..I think 3rd rounder. That's good money for 2 years, great money in 2nd contract if he performed. 1st contract would have been over a million for both years combined if drafted in the 3rd. Minimum salary these days has to be around 300k annually...

Hope your right but these are two different types of conditioning.
Mma training is often considered superior to some, especially college strength and training regimen. Specifically it's focus on flexibility. Which is a large part of overall explosiveness, and injury prevention and can be neglected. Jay Glaser had several articles espousing it. With several NFL success stories mentioned. If you ever seriously trained "ufc" you'd know what I mean.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Just googled his stats, forgot he had 138 tackles and 6 rushing tds his soph year. Solid stat line there.

Pretty sure he was never projected close to a 1st or 2nd rounder. 5th would have been where he probably would have been taken, but who knows...... definitely not a 1st or 2bd rounder though

I read up on it earlier and i was seeing a lot of 2nd and 3rd round predictions. I think hes a Ray Maualauga type, not quite fast enough sideline to sideline to be a true 3 down backer im todays NFL but could be a great player still. Rey was the #1 inside backer in his class and went 38th, most mocks had Johnson as the 3rd best one so probably 3rd. Inside just isnt as high demand as outside. If he played 25 years ago hed have been a perfect middle backer.

I read up on it earlier and i was seeing a lot of 2nd and 3rd round predictions. I think hes a Ray Maualauga type, not quite fast enough sideline to sideline to be a true 3 down backer im todays NFL but could be a great player still. Rey was the #1 inside backer in his class and went 38th, most mocks had Johnson as the 3rd best one so probably 3rd. Inside just isnt as high demand as outside. If he played 25 years ago hed have been a perfect middle backer.

His NFL combine numbers would have bumped him up pretty high.
2nd round.

He became significantly faster before his senior season. He was making tkls everywhere. He was a complete LB.

Folks, you may want to pump the brakes. AJ hasn't played for three years. He must get into football shape including recapturing his stamina. Not to mentioning rebuilding his skills, muscle mass, and speed. He needs to live and sleep in the weightroom when not ground-pounding 5 - 10 mile runs. AND, if he has a nickle worth of sense, stay away from women of all types, colors, and species even if they're ultra loose Orion females. If he wants a football career, his daily focus should be focused solely on making himself the player he once was and better than even that.

I'd bet he may have thought of this already

I hope he does well. I also hope the female who falsely accused him gets her judgement. Its far too often that females do this, and the guy has to pay for something he didn't do. When in the military, I had a young NCO working with me and he was falsely accused, the chick was covering up because she didn't want her hubby to know she was cheating. My NCO didn't know she was married. She said he sexually assaulted her when they were at a party drinking. The facts came out and he was cleared. Unfortunately for him, his career was pretty much fried, and he was not able to recover from the accusations. Totally pathetic.

His NFL combine numbers would have bumped him up pretty high.
2nd round.

He became significantly faster before his senior season. He was making tkls everywhere. He was a complete LB.
He was extremely tough and good at shedding blockers and filling gaps. Not so great in coverage or going side to side.

This seems like a weird thing to get bent out of shape about...

It’s fair. Eveytime I hear of a VFL getting a their shot in the NFL I post, “Another VFL millionaire.”, no matter what size the contract. I figure they will make the most of their oportunity and I know it bugs KB. Its really all my fault.

It’s fair. Eveytime I hear of a VFL getting a their shot in the NFL I post, “Another VFL millionaire.”, no matter what size the contract. I figure they will make the most of their oportunity and I know it bugs KB. Its really all my fault.
Well...y'all have at it I guess lol

I'd bet he may have thought of this already

I sure hope as I loved seeing him play. So if he avoids the trap that too many players these days fall into and repeats, he'll be good. Some guys just never learn but I hope AJ isn't one of them.

Last edited:
This is excellent news. While it's a shame he had part of his college career stolen from him by a ***** seeking money and attention, it's great to see he's found a spot to hopefully continue his football career (and success).

VN Store

Back