Advanced Metrics Nonsense

Because I don't have all night to watch basketball...DVR and watch the second half and you got the meat of a game in 30 minutes.

do you specifically tune in for certain players or just whatever game you catch

It's mostly about team matchups, but usually I watch out of convenience. I don't get any Jazz games here. Now that football is wrapping up I'll watch more. I watch a ton of playoffs because my wife will usually watch with me. She's a Mavs fan, likes watching the Heat, and would literally leave me for Ray Allen so she used to watch Celtics with me too. So playoffs we watch a lot.

ole jesus shuttlesworth. wouldn't be the first time he wooed a woman my man.

Remaining strength of schedule, 3rd column from the right. West is dominant.

Untitled8.png

Jae Crowder is making me look bad. Having a pretty bad rookie year. For whatever reason, his rebounding ability hasn't yet translated to the NBA, and his TS% is terrible. Good ballhandler, though, and plays decent D. I think he'll adjust and become a solid player.

Chandler with 20 rebounds two nights in a row. Wonder when the last time somebody did that?

Not consecutive nights, but consecutive games:

Tyson Chandler had 11 points and 20 rebounds, becoming the first Knicks player with consecutive 20-board games since Marcus Camby on Dec. 8 and 11, 2001.

You're totally right. That was for Knicks. 20 two nights in a row is just nuts. To have the motor to get that done.

Yep. Shows how impressive Rodman was, to rebound like he did at his size was crazy.

Among the 3 team stats that explain winning (shooting efficiency, rebounding, and turnover margin), rebounding is the most consistent, and shooting is the most inconsistent. This is why the current Heat, even if they are dominant, can never make a run at 72 wins like the '96 Bulls. You have an off shooting night pretty regularly, even if you are by far the best shooting team.

WTF, Dalembert goes for 35 and 12 on 17/21 with no turnovers in 27 minutes.

Oh yeah...2 assists and a block.

I wish he would take that to GM's so he can get laughed out of the room

There's a long list of supremely talented NBA players that lacked actual basketball skills. I really like that kid out of Indiana, not sure I like him as much as this guy does.

There's a long list of supremely talented NBA players that lacked actual basketball skills. I really like that kid out of Indiana, not sure I like him as much as this guy does.

When you are suggesting that Shabazz Muhammad is the 143rd best player in college basketball, your list is crap.

Shabazz plays no D, and has no passing skills. If I have a #1 pick, that's exactly what I want from an off guard. Right?

I would like to see Oladipo keep his numbers up longer...I'm somewhat skeptical, but so far it is apparent that Muhammad is a 1-dimensional player.

I wish he would take that to GM's so he can get laughed out of the room

Success rate with picking college players in the draft?...the wins produced model has a 70% success rate with getting quality players with lottery picks...GMs have a 40% success rate. They're laughing all the way to the bank, but that doesn't make them right.

Shabazz hasn't done anything to really impress me. He may have higher upside but I can.definitely think of better swing guys.

VN Store

Back