About that "Smarter Lunchrooms" Program

I can't really knock this with knocking the whole nutrition pyramid as a sham being set up by the department of agriculture.

Yes. My larger point is the government involvement in nutrition programming has proven wrong time and time again. Bureaucrats gonna bureaucrat.

Yes. My larger point is the government involvement in nutrition programming has proven wrong time and time again. Bureaucrats gonna bureaucrat.
Yup. but it sells. look at all the stuff we did. it must be good.

Coffee causes cancer, coffee prevents cancer.. Ketchup is a vegetable, ketchup is way high in fructose..

There is a balance with smaller portions of ketchup and coffee, there has to be.

Reactions: McDad
This government funded research reminds of seeing the research that was done a few years back regarding which ketchup was thicker...

Seriously?

Coffee causes cancer, coffee prevents cancer.. Ketchup is a vegetable, ketchup is way high in fructose..

There is a balance with smaller portions of ketchup and coffee, there has to be.
You put ketchup on your coffee? Gross, dude.

wait..what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!1

Much more detail

The Junk Science Behind 'Smarter Lunchrooms'

my favorite line

The program is full of "common sense," TED-talk-ready, Malcolm Gladwell-esque insights into how school cafeterias can encourage students to select and eat more nutritious foods.

Umm...

Tactics include things like fruit before chips in cafeteria lines; pre-sliced rather than whole fruit; non-fat white milk prominent in beverage displays; giving fruits and vegetables "creative names;" providing "fruit factoids" on cafeteria white-boards; hiding cafeteria cleaning supplies; and having lunchrooms "branded and decorated in a way that reflects the student body."

Trying to figure out what that's all about or why people care.

Furthermore:

having lunchrooms "branded and decorated in a way that reflects the student body

What happens if it's a reform school?

The kids like the salads more since we put the Pine Sol under the counter instead of with the dressings.

The whole food pyramid is one of the main culprits behind the skyrocketing diabetes rates in the past 30 years.

VN Store

Back