A gators prospective

There aren’t any. Don’t even have a legit SEC pass rusher, much less a stud. It’s a big problem. Unless JP dials up some exotic blitzes that will confuse FF, he’ll have all the time he wants to throw.

This is my biggest concern in this game. Franks is a little like Will Grier, give him enough time and he will sit back there and scorch the secondary all night long.
Let's hope we have a couple guys step up and bring some pressure.

The most glaring one is Franks 18 career TD passes to 6 for JG. Franks about 600 more passing yards for career. Franks much better rushing yardage. Franks more yards per completion. And Franks with a signature clutch play in the UT-UF game last year where he threw the ball about 70 yards in the air.

JG has done a nice job with completion % and minimizing turnovers for sure, but to say he’s easily the better QB in this game is ridiculous. Also, you stated Franks’ stats are compiled against “directional city schools,” but failed to mention JG played against 2 directional city schools as well, and what has historically been a horrible West Virginia defense.

Again, my point is, I think Franks and JG are about the same. Neither all that great and neither can carry their teams on their backs. But for some reason, that notion makes some UT fans crazy.
Who is your team btw ?

Great post, a lot to agree with. I think I’m in the minority in Gator Nation in somewhat supporting Franks. Many still want to pound on him for 2017 and their frustration from last year has carried over. But to me, that clouds their objectivity and doesn’t allow them to see the obvious improvement so far this year. Losing to Kentucky didn’t help, but again, Franks was the least of our worries in that game as the defense couldn’t stop the run at all, nor could UF’s offense run the ball. Franks had two TD passes and set a career high in passing yards in that game. Also had a bad pick, so again, he’s inconsistent. But Franks is NOT the reason UF lost to Kentucky.

Have you not noticed we have 4 REALLY good running backs? I think we run the ball all over you.

Yes, I remember. Great player, great play, great win for UT.

Tyree Cleveland is back too. While Jalen Tabor is gone and playing in the NFL, I’m wondering about the guy who was covering Cleveland last year. Is he back? And was he “burnt toast” too?

No comparison. Jauan juked Tabor out of his shoes, and what made it so funny was how Tabor had been running his mouth before the game. Last year's catch was more akin to Jennings' Hail Mary catch against Georgia. Franks just heaved it and it came down in the right spot.

No comparison. Jauan juked Tabor out of his shoes, and what made it so funny was how Tabor had been running his mouth before the game. Last year's catch was more akin to Jennings' Hail Mary catch against Georgia. Franks just heaved it and it came down in the right spot.

Lemme get this right. UT’s TD in their one win in 12 years was so much better than UF’s TD that will be replayed for as long as you and I are on this earth, not because a player juked another cocky player, as that happens weekly all over the country, but because it was a miracle finish and a great play by both Franks and Cleveland. But go ahead and stay mad at Jalen Tabor.

Have you not noticed we have 4 REALLY good running backs? I think we run the ball all over you.

I’ve noticed two solid RB’s, who have the potential to have really good careers.

You do realize you won’t find a single Gator fan who would trade Perine, Scarlett or Pierce for any RB on UT’s roster, right? You can add Malik Davis to that list of studs too, but he won’t be playing this week.

This is definitely one where you can keep yours and we’ll keep ours.

Lemme get this right. UT’s TD in their one win in 12 years was so much better than UF’s TD that will be replayed for as long as you and I are on this earth, not because a player juked another cocky player, as that happens weekly all over the country, but because it was a miracle finish and a great play by both Franks and Cleveland. But go ahead and stay mad at Jalen Tabor.
I ain't mad...just taking a late lunch break. I just think Cleveland's catch was closer to Jauan's catch against Georgia.

Reactions: bmaultbay
One pass was a jump ball thrown into a crowd, the other pass hit a streaking receiver in stride.

Yep, exactly the same.

I’ve noticed two solid RB’s, who have the potential to have really good careers.

You do realize you won’t find a single Gator fan who would trade Perine, Scarlett or Pierce for any RB on UT’s roster, right? You can add Malik Davis to that list of studs too, but he won’t be playing this week.

And we are good with that.

Rushing yards matter when a QB is billed as a “dual-threat” guy. It was here that I learned from posters like you that JG was supposed to be the next Marcus Mariota or Josh Dobbs. Turns out, he hasn’t been close to that so far and Felipe Franks has turned into a better runner. And it isn’t just because of the “system” as Franks’ 89-yard run highlight-reel run against Texas A&M happened last year before Dan Mullen had even arrived. And under Mullen, he’s been an effective, willing runner so far. I’ve pointed out several stats, several times where Franks is much better than JG. But apparently the only stats some UT fans care about are completion percentage and interceptions. That’s convenient since those are the only two where JG is better; never mind TD’s passes, total yards, completions, yards per completion and rushing yards.

I’m not delusional, in no way do I think Franks is an elite QB yet. I am honest with myself when analyzing his play. He’s much improved over last year but still has much improvement needed. But anyone thinking JG has been this incredible, elite QB so far, is in fact delusional.
I am in no way saying one is better than the other because I think they have been asked to do different things this far in the season. I believe total yards is a little misleading in this debate because JG has been asked to manage the game to this point. UT has focused on the run game and I'm not sure about FL because I haven't watched them play. His completions and yards per completion are also a little skewed because hes thrown more passes. Completion % is a stat that has more weight than total completions since it is saying how much the ball hits the ground or someone else every drop back. YPC is irrelevant because you can complete 2 50 yard passes and have them be the only passes you complete, but have a YPA at 4 yards. I would take a higher yards per attempt than YPC. Theres no argument about FF having more TDs and JG definitely needs to find the end zone more. This is just my opinion, though.

There aren’t any. Don’t even have a legit SEC pass rusher, much less a stud. It’s a big problem. Unless JP dials up some exotic blitzes that will confuse FF, he’ll have all the time he wants to throw.

This is a bit premature...

We haven’t went exotic with coming at the QB...haven’t had to. Can throw WV game out the window...

We are 3 games in...

One pass was a jump ball thrown into a crowd, the other pass hit a streaking receiver in stride.

Yep, exactly the same.
Since it was a skill play by Fl and no luck was involved how many more times have they completed or even attempted the 70 yard pass that hits the wr in stride???

Reactions: DonDiego
Since it was a skill play by Fl and no luck was involved how many more times have they completed or even attempted the 70 yard pass that hits the wr in stride???

The same amount of times we found ourselves 70 yards away from the end zone with a chance to win a game on the last play.

Which, sadly in 2017 was only once.

Where is this being replayed? This wasn't the kick 6. This play didn't have national championship implications. I am as big a UT fan as they come but I honestly haven't seen that play since last year. Maybe it is on a loop in your living room. I don't know.

Gators perspective: counter prospective with fewer grammatical errors.
Guarantano vs. Franks debate
JG- has better command of his offense than pf. Pf can’t run what Mullen wants yet.
JG vs PF- the arm strength is about the same . JG throws much better short and intermediate routes , whereas the short and intermediate throws from PF require more adjustment from the Gator ( not misspelled) wr Corp and they are making good plays on the football per the 9 td passes , last time I looked.
Running ability looks about the same. Pf looks harder to tackle, JG looks a little shiftier. PF sometimes looks to throw while running. JG has tucked and gone decisively so far THIS year.
The offensive lines are about the same. Florida probably has a little more on the d line but most of our guys on the first team and jk or dt are all 4-5 stars too so pretty much even.
Linebacker: Tennessee is better.
Secondary: Florida is better ( for now) but they are also small and they don’t support the run as well as Tennessee’s secondary.
Special teams: even to this point. Florida has a punt return punt block for td( I think) . I haven’t seen their kicker or punter but know Swain is a good returner. Callaway is pretty good. Fairly even
Wr- Tennessee has J Jennings, so we are better at wr. Florida has some talent but nobody as good as Jennings, possibly callaway.
Te- I do not know what florduh is doing at te but we need work and I don’t think Mullen uses an inline blocking te but I haven’t watched that position for them at all.
RB- even, florduh has older rb Corp, I think.
Advantage- Tennessee at home and Coach JP does not have a Florida jinx. He owns them. Can anybody check to see if a Florida team has beaten a JP team Florida st -2013, Georgia etc?

Lmao. Pierce and Davis are the only ones we would take and aren't they 3rd and 4th string at this point?

Scarlett appears to be the most Tauren Poole back of all time and Perine is a poor man's Samaje Perine.

Pressure Franks if u pressure him and give him time and let him get comfy that’s bad news Franks isn’t all bad he’s just steaky he can he can have a bad qt then a good qt but when he’s cold he’s ice cold

WR - 5 legit threats Jefferson, Grimes 2 best then Swain, Hammond and Toney are all very very solid no homer either all nfl talents

RB Scarlett been Mediocre wanna see more Damien pierce and Lamical Perine Oh yea and Toney in some Percy type packages that Mullen mentioned Toney maybe most electric on team with ball in hand

Defense took a huge blow losing Marco Wilson we shall see how they perform I personally see more nfl talent on UF defense Zuniga Polite Cece etc can get after the QB S’s LBs and DTs have been meh we shall if that changes any this week

CJ Henderson can lock down your best WR and Chauncey gonna cause trouble I expect a pick or 2 from one of those 2 or rayshad maybe Reese

I don’t feel confident other then our history you’ve won like 5 6 times in my 30 years so ya I’ll be homer but not gonna be easy on the road

It’s a must win tho to keep the wheels from falling off

Oh yea getting David Reese back huge in stopping run between tackles

I have read this 6 times. I don't know what to do now.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
If you look closely, the keys on the lower right have some useful functions:

. Used to indicate the end of a sentence.
, Indicates pause or separates complete sentences if combined with the word "and"
' Indicates either possession or contractions. NEVER used in plurals.

Go Gata.[/QUOTE
The only grammar that matters is your/you’re their/there/they’re. Honestly who cares about the rest

Franks will keep both marching band on the ready to play their respective fight songs.

Like LG, I know very little about Guarantano.

So far, he’s shown good potential and has been consistent. He has a live arm and can fit it in tight spots, so far he has 3 50+ completions. 2 I believed traveled that far and the other was like 35 yards and then 20 YAC I believe. We’ve been conservative in our play calling for JG and Pruitt wants him to be more aggressive on both RPO’s and tucking the ball and taking off (he has solid speed but hardly ever runs). So far he’s been a good/great game manager for us, but it’s too early to say if he can carry us to wins like Dobbs did. He definitely has some negatives to him. I’d say you have a greater chance at winning if you force him to beat you then let Pruitt control the clock

VN Store

Back