#5 LSU vs #22 Florida 3:30et CBS

Enjoyed the discussion. Headed out with the boss. Later, friends.

Haha. Trust me. I am certainly not living in a fantasy land. Our program is far from it. It’s a complete nightmare. People like you making excuses for it doesn’t help

Yeah I am making excuses. Lol. Whatever man. We all know the problem. If you have a way of getting the Haslams out, then by all means lets hear it.

iirc JG is a RS soph

Yes he is. However, he is just the QB during the transition of Pruitt recruiting his guys and getting the Butch guys out of the program. Takes 2 seasons (3 classes) for Pruitt to get the team where the majority of players are his. After the Butch years, I hope we keep Shrout and any other incoming QB off the field for this year and next. Rather them not get the “Worley” syndrome.

Just for the record, you are blaming today’s state on Fulmer even though he was 4 coaches and 2.5 full classes ago?

That’s a horrible take, if so. It’s also a really uneducated take too.
No I'm saying you put the football program in the hands of a man responsible for its initial downturn and who chose Hamilton to be AD. It was a desperation move that should never have been made

Maybe I have too high of standards for our program. Maybe the Haslams and our admin are doing a great job and doing the best they can. Kiffin, Dooley, Butch... they’re the best we’ll ever get.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I wish you did too. The big question is, is there an easy fix?
No. The competition in the SEC is too stiff for an easy fix like you could do at a UCF or a USF. It will all come down to coaching. Can UT find a coach who can compete both recruiting and development against the competition?

Your opinion is yours. You created it. I respect that. It is also a bad idea.

Who is fired or shook awake if revenue was cut in half?
If your model was that cutting revenue in half would cut their overall money in half I would agree... if they took a hit to their revenue stream temporarily they would decide to do something about it... if they had no money I would agree with what you say... they have a lot of money, they need a wake up call... I’m not talking about bankrupting the University.

I agree we look worse. My God, we are on our third S&C coach since 2015. Now, you can pretend like that's insignificant but you would be wrong. Look at the offense, JG is on his third OC since coming to TN.

Ok so saying the coaches need mire time isnt fact? How many losing seasons has UF had since 2007? How many have we had? Its hilarious that you are judging Pruitt 5 games in. But its what VN does.

If I saw even a hint of improvement, I wouldn't be critical. Florida, who went 4-7 last year, looks light years better than they were last year. So people on here who say you need more time to improve are just wrong. A good coach can turn a program around quickly. We look worse.

Reactions: 508mikey
Maybe I have too high of standards for our program. Maybe the Haslams and our admin are doing a great job and doing the best they can. Kiffin, Dooley, Butch... they’re the best we’ll ever get.

Again, lets hear the solution to getting rid of Haslam and completely fixing things.

If I saw even a hint of improvement, I wouldn't be critical. Florida, who went 4-7 last year, looks light years better than they were last year. So people on here who say you need more time to improve are just wrong. A good coach can turn a program around quickly. We look worse.

UF was better than us last year. So why did you expect us to be better than them this year?

UF was better than us last year. So why did you expect us to be better than them this year?

I guess I have to repeat myself for the 3rd time. I am critical only because our team has shown absolutely no improvement from week to week, and is actually worse than last year. I made the comparison to Florida because they also have a first year coach, and Florida has shown immense improvement week to week. So the talking point that coaches cannot turn a program around quickly is just a myth. I'm not asking for a miracle. I'm asking for any hint of improvement. I have seen none.

Where did I say that Tennessee should be better than Florida? I swear do people even read? Or do they just interpret it to mean whatever they want?

No I'm saying you put the football program in the hands of a man responsible for its initial downturn and who chose Hamilton to be AD. It was a desperation move that should never have been made
Lol. That’s a very uneducated take.

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
They were marginally better than us last year, and beat us on a hail mary.

I think they were much better. Think about it, how many players from our team last year would have started for them? I would say Smith, maybe Kelly, Gaulden and possible Bituli. Who else? That says a lot.

The big thing is UF was not a dumpster fire that has gone through a decade of garbage like we have.

I think they were much better. Think about it, how many players from our team last year would have started for them? I would say Smith, maybe Kelly, Gaulden and possible Bituli. Who else? That says a lot.

The big thing is UF was not a dumpster fire that has gone through a decade of garbage like we have.

And yet it took a hail mary to beat us and they finished 4-7, only a half game better than us.

Bama and OSU run them off it they go bust
That is irrelevant. The point is that recruiting rankings are generally right on the money for well coached teams. If you look at the top 5 teams as far as their recruiting average over the past five years (meaning the recruits that make up their current rosters), it is very close to matching the top 5 ranked teams in the country right now. Sure, there will be misses at the individual player level, but just because that is true, it is a big stretch to say they have missed on basically all our recruits over the past five years. This is especially true when the ratings have been so accurate for other teams, especially those that are well coached. I guarantee if you looked at the linear regression between average recruiting class ranking and overall team rankings at the end of each year, there would be a very strong correlation. Another team in a similar situation as us is Nebraska. They average about the 25th best recruiting class over the past five years but there is no way they are the 25th best team in the country. So where you have these inconsistencies between recruiting and actual results over a long enough period, the only logical conclusion is that it’s coaching and overall instability that is the contributing factor.

VN Store

Back