3 Reasons TN Wins the SEC Title this Season

I wish that there was a consistent outside threat. Bowden shows flashes and Lemonte could do that if we can defend with both him and Bone on the floor. I don't want to see Admiral setting up primarily as an outside shooter. I want to see him post up and drive and score in transition and also spot up on the TPL if defenses collapse on KA and GW. I don't want to see Admiral always hanging around the perimeter. I want to see him attack from all over the court.

Reactions: i2amavol
Hoping Kent can be another outside threat. He wouldn’t need a ton of minutes to have a big impact if he can.

I think Tennessee wins the SEC again in the 2018-2019 season with a 16-2 SEC record with losses on the road to Kentucky and Texas A&M.

I think that we're in real good shape if Bowden can be that deadly 3-point shooter. The guys mentioned (Kent, Pons, JJ) can certainly make the perimeter shots, but to be an elite team they need at least one guy that just can not be left open and can hurt opponents even if they're guarded. Would love to have a Lofton, Houston, Edwards, Brooks... but those kind of shooters only come along about once a decade. I just don't know if Bowden can be a consistent, aggressive threat. I wish that Lamonte was a bit taller. He could be that guy IMO.

I think Tennessee wins the SEC again in the 2018-2019 season with a 16-2 SEC record with losses on the road to Kentucky and Texas A&M.

hqdefault.jpg

i just hope we have enough ball handlers, hard to get easy baskets in transition w/pons, fulky, walker, Williams, xander, kent leading the breaks

i just hope we have enough ball handlers, hard to get easy baskets in transition w/pons, fulky, walker, Williams, xander, kent leading the breaks

I don't agree. If you mean coast-to-coast dribblers, then okay. But all of those guys are very good passers (except possibly Pons... just haven't seen enough of him to formulate an opinion) and all can run the floor.

Alexander couldn't catch the ball his 1st 2 years. He was much better last year. Kent's not a gazelle, but he can motor pretty well with his size.

Opponents will be foolish to let TN dictate an uptempo, 94' game no matter who CRB has on the floor.

Reactions: sport3500
If Kyle Alexander can become a consistent double double machine, that would take a lot of pressure off Williams and give UT a big inside prescence.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
Grant has trimmed down and gotten so fit I don't see anyone beating him off the floor @ the four if he gets one on ones or doubles

Grant has trimmed down and gotten so fit I don't see anyone beating him off the floor @ the four if he gets one on ones or doubles

Glad you mentioned those doubles. Cause I think how quick his decision making is with the ball is a huge part of their offensive flow. He’s been too deliberate to this point when the doubles come. He needs to make a quicker decision against the better teams and live with the consequences. Imo

When they move the ball like they can, that’s when they’re a top 10 team.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil

VN Store

Back