San Francisco Chronicle: Chryst's arm strength criticism unfair

Maybe he just has Joe Cox tired arm.

Maybe you don’t need a strong arm to handoff, handoff, and play action pass.

This article, written by the same writer who touted Chryst as the guy after one scrimmage he didnt watch. This is so clearly an attempt by Harralson to drum up an actual controversy. He goes and finds a guy where the player used to be and asks if chryst has a weak arm guy says naw he just doesn't have the confidence to throw it deep. What is this piece really supposed to tell anybody?

This article, written by the same writer who touted Chryst as the guy after one scrimmage he didnt watch. This is so clearly an attempt by Harralson to drum up an actual controversy. He goes and finds a guy where the player used to be and asks if chryst has a weak arm guy says naw he just doesn't have the confidence to throw it deep. What is this piece really supposed to tell anybody?

Same author that said yesterday that there is not a leader in the QB race.
Fall camp: Offensive observations

"Going into the final week of camp before game week, the battle between Chryst and Guarantano remains close with both in position to take the first snap against West Virginia. Whoever finishes better down-the-stretch will win the job."

Same author that said yesterday that there is not a leader in the QB race.
Fall camp: Offensive observations

"Going into the final week of camp before game week, the battle between Chryst and Guarantano remains close with both in position to take the first snap against West Virginia. Whoever finishes better down-the-stretch will win the job."
Wasn't Dan Harralson the one doing radio interview in Nashville recently, that said that chryst outperformed JG. I'm pretty sure he was the one saying it.
Edit to add screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180821-103536_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180821-103536_Chrome.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 39
Wasn't Dan Harralson the one doing radio interview in Nashville recently, that said that chryst outperformed JG. I'm pretty sure he was the one saying it.

No. Only has been on Trey Wallace's show saying that it has been a close race.

See my screenshot.

If you listened to the full interview it was said that people saying JG had the starting position after the second practice and that it wasn't even close were pushing an agenda and that it was Keller's job to lose after he had a better first scrimmage.

I hope the QB that wins us more games wins the job. I think that will help us win more games.

That-Was-Bloody-Brilliant-Ronald-Weasley-Gif.gif

I hate qb controversies. Find the guy with the best arm strength and accuracy, then 3rd importance, mobility. Put that guy in as starter and give him the most reps to learn the offense, learn to read defenses, and learn to trust his protection and go through reads. Stick with him until he proves he can't grasp thr mental side, and at that point put the less talented QB ( arm strength, accuracy, and then mobility ) in, give him all the reps, and let him prove if he can grasp the mental side.

This business two guys sharing reps, to me, is a sign of coaches that don't know what they are doing on offense. Jmo. Neither is gonna be ready to help us win game 1 due to sharing reps. Drives me insane.

If you listened to the full interview it was said that people saying JG had the starting position after the second practice and that it wasn't even close were pushing an agenda and that it was Keller's job to lose after he had a better first scrimmage.
Exactly, he was the one claiming chryst had a better scrimmage than JG, when Brice, Price and others have said that while it was his best performance it wasn't better than JG, so again it sounds like Dan Harralson has jumped on team KC and is championing him. Even though he is in the minority of guys who have access to the program. I really dont know why you are trying to argue that he hasnt been trying to fluff up the competition and supporting chryst, when he clearly has.

Last edited:
Exactly, he was the one claiming chryst had a better scrimmage than JG, when Bruce and others have said that while it was his best performance it wasn't better than JG, so again it sounds like Dan Harralson has jumped on team KC and is championing him. Even though he is in the minority of guys who have access to the program. I really dont know why you are trying to argue that he hasnt been trying to fluff up the competition and supporting chryst, when he clearly has.

Seems hard to fluff things up when it has only been reported that Keller had only one better scrimmage and that he and JG have been on par for all other practices and one other scrimmage.

I hate qb controversies. Find the guy with the best arm strength and accuracy, then 3rd importance, mobility. Put that guy in as starter and give him the most reps to learn the offense, learn to read defenses, and learn to trust his protection and go through reads. Stick with him until he proves he can't grasp thr mental side, and at that point put the less talented QB ( arm strength, accuracy, and then mobility ) in, give him all the reps, and let him prove if he can grasp the mental side.

This business two guys sharing reps, to me, is a sign of coaches that don't know what they are doing on offense. Jmo. Neither is gonna be ready to help us win game 1 due to sharing reps. Drives me insane.
Damn, we wasted money on Helton, should have just hired you.

Seems hard to fluff things up when it has only been reported that Keller had only one better scrimmage and that he and JG have been on par for all other practices and one other scrimmage.
It is hard, that's why he went and wrote an article trying to dispel the weak arm line about chryst.

Rather -- WV doesn't (yet, truly and fully) know what we are going to do on offense.

Has Alabama announced their starting QB, yet? Maybe they have / I don't know.

This should be reassuring, tifwiw (i.e. "both" are ready) -- ""Going into the final week of camp before game week, the battle between Chryst and Guarantano remains close with both in position to take the first snap against West Virginia. Whoever finishes better down-the-stretch will win the job."

VN Store

Back